A Date is a Date is a Date

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

Four Fridays had passed since the siblings’ first dive into the aquarium. By their plain luck and maybe just a pinch of Jinwoo’s magic, Taehyun and Seungyoon were always failing to stalk them down to the aquarium. Due to the failure, Seungyoon, as always, has zero suspicion towards the Kim sibling and their roommates. He had seen Seunghoon came to pick Jinna up several times after he saw Ahrin and managed to get her messenger ID, Mino came by once to pick up Jinna to his gig; and Jinwoo was being Jinwoo. All they did was pretty normal and was only making Taehyun more and more furious. He had no evidence to prove his friend that Jinna and all those who live with her aren’t human. His behaviour towards Jinna got no better than the last time, in fact, it’s getting worse. He had attempted many stunts to injure the girl, to make her spill the truth about her real identity. His only weakness was Seungyoon, which fortunately stands on the neutral side and saved her many times of Taehyun’s living hell.

Today’s Friday, and thanks to Jinwoo’s illusion trick, the two were able to sneak in safely into the aquarium. The three was busy playing around before Sandara decided to make a request. She wanted to see her brother. The Kim siblings felt hesitant about the request, they knew how headstrong Mino is. Last time when he saw her on the television he went outraged and demanded them to get her that exact second. Sandara of course knew about that, she said she’d been boiling the thought for long and decided that both she and her brother were ready.

When the siblings went home, Jinwoo requested that Jinna’s the one who should break it to Mino, since she’s the only one able to handle Mino’s rage without sparking any fight. Jinwoo would be the one standing at the door in case he went rampage. After changing their clothes into something comfortable, Jinna sighed in front of Mino’s door. Jinwoo patted her shoulder several times and told her to get in. She knocked.

“I’m still awake.” Mino’s voice was heard from the inside. From the sound of it, he was quite in a good mood. “Hey Jinna, come in.” He smiled from his bed and put down his pencil and a paper full of doodles when he saw her face popping out from behind the door like a mole rat on the ground. Jinna tiptoed, not sure what to do and stopped in front of Mino’s bed. “What’s up?”

“I…uh—how am I gonna say it—Mino, I know where your sister’s whereabouts. I’ve been breaking into the aquarium for quite some time with Oppa and swim together with her.” She squeaked, her hands were cold and trembling in fear of Mino’s anger. She couldn’t help but to see the wooden floor instead of Mino’s face.

“What? Where? Will we bail her out? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” A sound of happiness sparked from his voice. “After all this time you didn’t tell me, really Jinna? You’re swimming with her!”

“I know, I know, and I’m so sorry. I was about to tell you but she forbade me to do so. She said she’s happy to be there and only wants us to take her out when bad things are going to happen. So far nothing bad happened, they took a great care of her. She’s very healthy and all! Now you know why I went home very late every Friday, I wasn’t fully cleaning the shop; I was visiting your sister.” She vomited a train of words. Her forehead wrinkled. “I was there today, and she asked me to bring you to the aquarium tomorrow. We may not be able to sneak in and swim with her, but she just want to see your face.”

A brief silence embraced the room, only the ticking sound of the clock was heard. Jinna was about to say sorry when Mino suddenly broke the silence. “Okay, what time? Don’t you have work tomorrow?” He gently grabbed Jinna’s hand and pulled her down to sit on the bed with him. “Your hands are cold.”

“I’ll take a day off.”  Jinna sighed, still not making an eye contact. “So you’re not mad?”

“Why would I be? Hey, look at me.” He cupped Jinna’s face and directed towards him. On the contrary, Mino was smiling down at her. He was usually hot-headed, but not this time. “Do I look like I’m mad?”

“No.” She squeaked. The butterfly came again into her stomach.

“Then what time tomorrow? Do we go in the afternoon? What time does

Please log in to read the full chapter