Two Boys and a Pact

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jinna, we’re sorry about yesterday.” Ahrin said to Jinna when she had a chance to talk with the cashier girl. “I scolded Taehyun and if he doesn’t come up to you and apologise, I don’t know what I should do to him.” Yesterday she really took Taehyun to drink and scolded him for his diva behaviour towards the Kim siblings.

“Could you believe that? She scolded me for…for that…girl!” Taehyun said in disgust as he glared to the girls across the room and slid into the storage room where Seungyoon was. “Hey what do you think?”

“I think you went too far with Jinna and her brother. Seriously what’s your problem with them, dude?” Seungyoon smiled down at the coffee beans he was pouring to the roasting machine. “Jinna is nice, she’s fun to be with, and her brother is really cool. I mean come on, have you ever seen a man with that amount of charm?”

Taehyun slammed his fists on the table next to them. “I knew it!”

“Knew what?”

“You like her, don’t you?” he pointed his thin finger straight to his friend’s nose. “We’ve been friends since we’re little, you can’t lie to me.”

“I like her as a friend, is that a problem?” Seungyoon scoffed and threw a large bag of coffee beans away as if it’s nothing. “Jinna and her brother, they feel…surprisingly familiar. That’s why I want to be with them, you know how long since I last meet my family.”

“See? You feel that too!” Taehyun shrieked.

“Feel what?” He snapped. “Seriously I got sick with your unhealthy obsession with Jinna and Jinwoo-hyung. It’s been what, two weeks now? Seriously dude, me and Jinna are getting along so well and there’s no problem with her!”

“You…you’ll feel sorry when I prove you wrong!” Taehyun glared at his friend one last time before darting towards the shop. He caught a glimpse of Jinna making coffees and cursed at the figure. Ahrin was still with her so he better say he’s sorry than losing his job. “Hey Kim!” He yelled, made almost half of the hop turned to him. Jinna looked bummed and glared at him. “No hard feelings, we’re good.”

Jinna could hear her teeth grinds together as she muttered words. “I…he…what’s wrong with him.” She said as she handed a cup to a customer. “I swear, Nam Taehyun, I’m going to—“

“To what, kill him? Not possible, my friend. You’d be punished by the law. I don’t want a murderer as a friend.” Seungyoon popped next to her. “You need to relax your facial muscle. Wrinkles won’t be great for a young girl.”

“Funny hearing that from you despite you’re the same age as I am.”

He grinned down to her. “You go and get your lunch break, I’ll cover. Pay me a favour after your lunch.” It was way past the lunchtime, Jinna’s stomach was already roaring quite loud.

“Actually, you both can go eat lunch.” Ahrin popped behind the two. “I had mine already, and I could use Taehyun’s hands to handle the cashier. Off you go, peep-peep!”

Jinna was about to say something, but Seungyoon already dragged her down to the staff room to grab their coat and head outside. It was March, clearly everything got warmer than the first time the fairies and their Mer friends first arrived. Jinna caught a glimpse of cherry blossom pulp on one of the trees they passed. Her eyes glimmered as she wondered what that small pinkish pulp was.

The two stopped at a convenience store, Seungyoon grabbed a couple of sandwiches to eat while Jinna seemed to be okay with just some bottles of banana milk. “So Jinna, is your brother coming to pick you up today? Clearly Taehyun owes him an apology.” Seunghoon said as he sunk his teeth onto the sandwich he just bought. “Also, I wanna ask him about his skincare routine. I mean, he’s a

Please log in to read the full chapter