Failing

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taehyun smirked from behind the door that divides the staff and the storage room. He overheard Jinna talking with Seungyoon about her fight with Mino earlier. It all started when Jinna had too much to carry with her so Taehyun sneakily offered her his hands. She’d choose Seungyoon over him, but he was off first to pick up coffee beans from Ahrin’s friend. Seunghoon and Jinwoo were busy at the time so she had no other choice. By the time they reached her building, Mino was there, accidentally bumping on them. The smile on his face turned upside-down.

“For real?” Seungyoon asked, sitting on an unopened sack. “He’s very jealous, you know.”

“Tell me about it.” Jinna sneered from a crate. “The fight went like this:

“I don’t like you going home with him. Why not Seungyoon or—I don’t know—an old man from across the street? Why must it be him?” Mino roared inside the climbing elevator, behind the things he grabbed from Taehyun’s hand. “He’s fishy, you know that!”

“I do know that! I do know that he’s up to something!” Jinna yelled back.

“Jinna, you are strong enough to carry me, then why are you—“

“Because I had no other choice! Is it better for you for me to walk all over from Gangnam with three big bags in my hand?! It’s not because I can’t carry them by myself, I am able to carry you while flying. But my hands are smaller than yours! Why do you care so much?”

“Jinna, it’s because you’re my girlfriend—“

“Mino we’re not dating! My brother gave you his permission to date me but did I ever give mine? I never said that we’re dating! I know that you love me but I’m not sure about my feeling about you!” Jinna’s last word echoed inside the tiny space. There was an awkward silence before the door slid open. “Stay out of my life.”

…Yeah, it’s like that.” Jinna lowered her voice. “Am I a bad person now?”

“No, not really, everyone has the right of themselves.” Seungyoon smiled. “But if you want me to give my opinion, he’s just worried about you.”

Suddenly Taehyun stumbled down from his hideout; it was intentional, of course. Jinna gasped while Seungyoon jolted a bit before helping him stand up. “I’m okay, guys.” Taehyun faked a smile towards them. “Jinna, I’m so sorry about that. I didn’t mean to, you know, ruin you and him.” He spoke in a very sweet voice it made her puke.

“Oh so you’re sorry now, you really mean it?” Jinna sneered. Seungyoon excused himself away from the catfight that was about to happen, leaving Taehyun and Jinna on their own. “You, every single time you’re around there’s always trouble. Thanks for making it worse between me and Mino.”

Taehyun grinned and sat next to Jinna. “So you don’t like him, right?” Taehyun sneakily asked.

“I never said that.” She knitted a frown on her forehead.

Taehyun slowly took her hand in his, slid his fingers between hers. He scooted closer to her before whispering in her ear, “Then why don’t you date me instead? I can do better than him. I can be way tender towards you.” His other hand reached for the strands of Jinna’s hair. “Can you feel me, Kim Jinna?”

Jinna’s heart twanged due to the sudden act of romance Taehyun was pulling on her, but soon she gained her consciousness and pushed him away. “Go away, freak!” She abruptly stood up. “I don’t know what you’re playing, but I’m not falling for it.”

“You’ll fall in love with me.” He slapped a wide grin on his face.

“You…Fuc…Flipping forehead!” She stomped her feet and stormed out from the storage room, leaving him alone with his devilish grin. How dare he pull that cheap trickery on me! She thought while packing her things up, waiting for one of the older boys to come and pick her up.

“What kind of swear word is that?” Taehyun chuckled and stood up from the crate. He was about to walk out when Seungyoon blocked his way out. “What hyung, I did nothing. She’s just cranky, you know how she is.” Seungyoon said nothing and just stood there, shaking his head. “Can I go now?” Taehyun asked, grabbing onto Seungyoon’s arm that’s blocking his way and tossed it.

“I won’t have a heart to do some cheap trickery to her if I were you, Nam Taehyun.”

“Please, you’re not me.” Taehyun waved his hand, flashing his evil smirk on his friend. He abruptly packed his thing and ran to the relatively empty street, hoping to bump on her. She wasn’t outside the shop, but she can’t be far. He ran towards the station that headed towards her home area. He was passing a bus stop before he noticed her scarlet hair and the bomber jacket she always wear at the stop. It was clear that she’s taking a bus to keep him off the trail.

He sneakily sat next to her, cleared his throat several tim

Please log in to read the full chapter