Chapter 7: Audition

We Are Family

Chapter 7: Audition

Chorong looked into Jin Ho's eyes, thinking whether it was joke but no, it was burning with truth. She thought for awhile, thinking that it would be a better choice for her sisters. Wouldn't it be better to let them pursue their dreams when they're given a chance? Listening to them laughing and playing around in the other room, she smiled.

"Where do we audition, oppa?" asked Chorong.

"It's at a building in Mapo. I'll write down the address and get my staff ready." said Jin Ho as he wrote down the details with a smile.

"Thank you oppa, i think by doing this you just changed my family, into something better." said Chorong.

"Not yet Chorong-ah. We wouldn't know until the audition. I'll get going now, see you next week." said Jin Ho as he left, saying goodbye to the other girls.

~X~

"Unnie, are you dating him? He's so old though." asked Hayoung as the rest of the girls entered the room.

"What did you guys talk about?" asked Namjoo.

"You're going to be surprised. I've registered all of us for an audition at Acube Entertainment." said Chorong. There was silence.

"Unnie, I think the fever really got to you. You should rest." said Eunji as she touched Chorong's forehead.

"No, I'm serious." Chorong said with a smile. She found it funny, looking at their expressions. 

"Jin Ho oppa works there and he offered to give us audition in order to become trainees. It's what all of us wanted to become right?" asked Chorong.

"Woah! Guys, we're gonna audition!" shouted Bomi, ecstatic. Everyone else were excited, happy that their dreams were about to be fulfilled. 

The audition was scheduled to be a week later, which gave plenty of times for the girls to prepare. Chorong was no longer sick and had told her boss to give her a day off on the day of the audition. Bomi and Namjoo stayed after school to practice singing and dancing together, they realised that they were very compatible with each other through harmonies. Eunji on the other hand, was out with an old friend of hers who was good at dancing. She knew that not only singing but dancing was an important category for the auditions.

"Is there any dance that I can learn in just three days?" asked Eunji.

"You try popping." 

"What's that?"

"Aigoo, this girl. She's going for an audition but didn't know that you have to dance."

"Whatever, just show me!"

~X~

On the other hand, Hayoung was worried. She was afraid that judges would let her off because she wore glasses. Her vision wasn't very good and dancing without them would be a nightmare.

"Don't worry Hayoung-ah, focus on your dance and worry about the spectacles later." said Yerin, who fully supported her friend's decision.

"That's right, just impress the judges with your skills and not your looks." said Sooyoung.

Back at home, Chorong danced in front of mirror. Remembering steps from two years back, her old self returned. This was the only time she could practise as she would feel embrassed if her sisters were watching. Eventually, D-Day arrived. On a cold winter day in Seoul, Acube began their auditions.

For the first time, the sisters were seperated from each other. Registering their names and waiting for their turn, they didn't see each other. But, they prayed for the success of each other.

~X~

Judge: Alright, candidate 16 please come in.

"Hello, I am candidate 16 Park Chorong, 18 years old."

Judge: What will you be doing?

"I will be dancing to 4minute's Hot Issue"

The music played and Chorong danced. She pretended that no one was watching and did every single step.

Judge: Your dance is good. Can you sing?

"I will try. I'll sing to Navi's I Love You"

Chorong took a deep breath and sang. It was her first time singing as her cutesy, nasal voice filled up the silent air.

~X~

Judge: Next, candidate 23 please come in.

"Um...Hello. I'm Son Naeun....."

The judge looked at her, scanning from top to bottom as if awed in her beauty.

"Do you have any talents?"

"Not...really.....I like to draw...I guess.." answered Naeun awkward as her eyes moved from place to place.

Judge: I see. Thank you. You may leave.

Naeun felt embarassed. She knew at the start that she would be eliminated, because her mind went blank.

~X~

Judge: Candidate 47, please come in.

A tall girl wearing glasses came in, the judges thought she was much older than the rest of the candidates.

"Hello, I'm candidate 47 Oh Hayoung, 13 years old."

The judges raised their eyebrows, thinking there was no way someone would look that old at a young age.

The music began to play and the youngest started to move. Her dance was very passionate, however the room was stuffy and mist started to fog up her vision. Hayoung didn't want to let anything block her way thus, she suddenly flipped her hair and threw her glasses away. Still dancing, her eyes were on fire. It gave an impression to the judges that she wouldn't give up. No one would have thought that a young girl like her would perform a y dance.

~X~

The next few candidates came in and left. Bomi and Namjoo were just like the rest, showcasing the very best of their talents. Whether it be dancing or singing, they wanted to stand out from the rest. The audition was held for the entire day, finally it was time for the last candidate before it closes. Night had already arrived.

Judge: Finally the last one. Candidate 419, please come in.

"Hello I'm candidate 419, Jung Eunji,"

"Do you exercise a lot? Your legs are very thick." asked the judge boldly as he stared at her thighs. It wasn't slim like other ordinary girls.

"Uh yes, I take taekwondo and I'm a sports captain at my school."

Judge: I see, anyways what will you be doing?

"I will sing Big Mama's Kite."

As soon as the music played, Eunji began to feel the emotions of the song. She took a deep breath and began her song. The room was silent, only her voice resounding loudly for the judges to hear. The high notes were hit accurately, her emotions could be felt through her strong vocals. The judges were surprised, moved by her powerful vocals and singing talents.

With that, the auditions were closed. It took two weeks before they finalised who got in and who didn't. 

~Two weeks later~

There was a huge crowd of people in front of Acube's building where they placed the names of the people who got in. The girls were already there since early morning, waiting for the results. They squeezed among the sea of people, where they managed to catch a glimpse of the paper. Around 20 trainees were accepted and among those names were:

Park Chorong, Yoon Bomi, Jung Eunji, Son Naeun, Kim Namjoo and Oh Hayoung.

All of the girls were accepted into the company as trainees. This moment, marked an important change in their lives forever.

~End of Chapter 7~

This chapter is inspired by Apink's Showtime Ep 7 where they talked about their auditions. This is just the start ;) I wanted to put their debut pics in this but it might take up too much space lol I'll just put it anyway :P Thank you for reading~

 

"These girls were later on known as Apink"