Chapter 12: Sisters

We Are Family

Chapter 12: Sisters

~14th May 2015~

A tall young girl with perfect body proportions stood in front of the mirror, staring at her new, brown-orange hair. Five years ago, she was only 160cm but now she is a giant maknae of 178cm. Just yesterday, she cut her long hair that's been with her since young and it felt fresh. Her stylist suggested her to try it out for the next comeback, the second member to have short hair after Namjoo.

"Hayoung-ah, are you done.....what, you're still looking at the mirror cause you got too pretty?" joked Naeun as she entered the bathroom, tired of waiting.

"Ey~don't be like that unnie." said an embarrassed Hayoung, gently hitting the shoulder of Naeun.

"It fits you and i think the fans will like it." giggled Naeun as she could easily see Hayoung's cheeks turning light pink.

"I've already finished so it's your turn unnie." said Hayoung as she left the bathroom. She soon walked into the kitchen where her biggest unnie, Chorong was preparing breakfast. Looking back at the times, she used to cook simple dishes like egg rolls but now, she can cook stir-fried meat, ddukbokki, fried rice and a lot of other delicious dishes.

"Oh, you woke up. Eat up, we have a schedule today." said Chorong as she was washing the dishes from last night.

"Schedule? Looks like my plan today is ruined." pouted Hayoung as she wanted to go to the library today.

"We're going to be featured in a magazine so a reporter is going to come and ask questions." replied Chorong.

"Shall i help you with the dishes unnie?" asked Hayoung as she only took one bite of meat and headed to her sister.

"No, you will just make me do more work." Hayoung laughed at her statement. As always, in Chorong's eyes she was still a kid.

"You can go wake up Eunji, Bomi and Namjoo instead." said Chorong.

"I swear Eunji-unnie is going to kick me again..." mumbled Hayoung as she walked towards the biggest room where the three sisters slept. Last time, the unnies shared the room but Namjoo felt lonely having a room all to herself. Therefore, Chorong decided to take that one room and she felt comfortable because it gave her private space.

The door opened and there stood the tall maknae with a smirk, she was always the one assigned to wake up her sisters. She loved it, because it was the only time where she could "bully" her sisters in order to wake them. She grabbed a pillow and began to softly hit the heads of Namjoo and Bomi.

"Wake up unnie!" said Hayoung loudly as she also pulled their legs, threw their blankets off and made noises in the room.

Namjoo and Bomi groaned and woke up. Their faces were still in a blur as they sat up. However, there was still one person who is not affected by Hayoung. It was none other than Forever-Stuck-In-Dreamland Eunji. She was curled up in a corner of the bed, eyes shut tight, mouth wide open, legs spread out. She definately looked comfortable in that position.

"Aigoo, what am I supposed to do with this unnie." sighed Hayoung as she stared at Eunji. She then took the alarm clock beside the bed and set the alarm to the current time so that it rang. She then placed in near her ear so that the ringing sound would wake her up. However, Hayoung was only greeted with a kick from Eunji.

"Omo, this is the first time." said Hayoung surprised that her attempts have failed.

"She slept at 6am, i think you need another way Hayoung-ah." said Bomi sluggishly as she just watched Hayoung.

"What is this unnie doing, sleeping at 6." said Hayoung as she forcefully pulled Eunji up and shook her several times. Hayoung laughed as all she could see in Eunji's eyes were white, her pupils could not be seen.

"Omo. Let's take a picture." giggled Namjoo as she got out of bed and took her phone. Bomi joined in too as this was the first time seeing Eunji like that.

~X~

Eventually Eunji woke up by the roars of Chorong who was grew impatient of waiting. Finally, everyone was at the dining table ready to eat breakfast. The three girls giggled at Eunji who was completely oblivious to what happened that morning. Soon, the girls had to leave the dorm and meet a reporter from a popular magazine.

Unlike the girls from this morning, they were now all dolled up, full of makeup and were a total opposite image of when they woke up. They were not sisters but a girl group, A-Pink.

Reporter: It's a pleasure to meet you, A-Pink! I know it's early in the morning but just relax, let's talk casually alright? smiled the reporter as both he and the girls sat down. It wasn't a filmed interview but a written one so there were recorders on stand-by.

Reporter: Recently, you just held your first concert Pink Paradise. What were your thoughts about it?

Chorong: It was something that all of us had dreamed of since the beginning. We prepared a lot for our fans so we were nervous because we also prepared our own solo stages.

Eunji: Actually because its winter so getting a cold is unavoidable, so it was a challenge to us. I was especially worried because it can affect my throat.

Reporter: I see, i heard that Bomi recently came back from the army just three days before the concert started?

Bomi: Ah, yes. Honestly, i was more concerned of doing well in the army than the concert itself. It was much tougher.

Namjoo: Ever since she came back, she kept waking up at 6am like exactly on the spot. It was interesting.

Hayoung: But Bomi-unnie didn't wake up at 6am today....

Bomi: Alright, let's move on~

(laughter)

Reporter: This is a question that everyone has been wanting to know, even your fans. It came out a few years ago that all of you are in fact, blood-related sisters. 

Chorong: Yes, it is true that we are sisters.

Eunji: Bomi and I are actually twins but we aren't similiar at all(laugh)

Reporter: What about your parents? Were they supportive of all six daughters joining the music industry?

Chorong: Actually......our parents passed away when we were young......

Bomi: But because Chorong-unnie was the oldest, she took responsibility and raised us.

Eunji: Sometimes I wouldn't consider her as a sister but a mother. 

Reporter: I see, then mind explaining how a miracle happened where all six sisters were accepted and even formed into a girl group now known as Apink?

Naeun: We all went for auditions and coincidentally, we were all accepted.

Namjoo: It just kind of happened like that.(laugh)

Reporter: Lastly, say some words to the member beside you.

Hayoung: I wish Eunji unnie would wake up more easily.

Eunji: I hope Bomi would shower more often.

Bomi: Are we dissing each other now?(laugh) I hope Naeun would talk more often.

Naeun: Am i not talking right now? I hope Namjoo would worry lesser and have more confidence in herself.

Namjoo: Thank you unnie~ For Chorong unnie, all I want her is to be happy.

Bomi: Omo, this is getting too cringy.

Chorong:(laugh) I want Hayoung to showcase her talents more.

Hayoung: Thank you unnie

Eunji: Eyy~ what is this sweet ending. I wish Hayoung would grow shorter.

Bomi: She's too tall!

(laugh)

Reporter: Thank you for spending your time today, Apink. I will write the interview well!

~X~ 

( In the car )

"But unnie, if you look back. We actually have come a long way." said Hayoung.

"You changed the most." replied Eunji with a chuckle.

"Yeah, you look so much prettier with that short hair that I'm still not used to it." said Namjoo.

"But Chorong-unnie lost a lot of weight these past 5 years." said Naeun.

"Why does everybody say that...even Hyungdon oppa says so.." mumbled Chorong in embarrassment.

"It's okay, unnie looks prettier like that~" said Bomi with her aegyo.

By now, everyone was already used to Bomi's random cuteness and were totally unfazed. At the mention of their past, the way back home was silent. The girls were preoccupied with thoughts of the past, they were reminded of the struggles and sacrifices made in order to become who they are now. They may be A-Pink but for them, they are one family. They are six sisters who bonded together in order to be A-Pink.

These six girls continued their lives as celebrites, never forgetting their hardships and never forgetting their dear parents and sister, Yookyung. 

 

This is Apink.

~End of Chapter~

 

I actually had a lot of fun writing this story while updating it every day ^^ Thank you for reading, I wanted to write something different that wasn't really about OTPs haha. It's my first story so i'm thankful that you've taken time to read this. Next time, I think I'll write something more common :) See you around in AFF? :D