Prologue: Secret

White Lies

"Those stupid ing bastards!"

 

Minseok turned his head to find an overly irritated Luhan with a not so attractive scowl on his pretty face. He was furious, that much is obvious. He looked like he was ready to punch anyone who will dare try to cross him at this moment. But not Minseok. Minseok can easily walk towards him, give his forehead a sharp flick, and walk away unharmed.

 

"Minseok~" Luhan whined at him, the scowl and the killing intent ebbing away faster than the wind.

 

"Watch your language, Lu." he said in a scolding tone.

 

"But you can't blame me. Every. Single. i--"

 

"Lu!" Minseok cut him off, sharper than his usual tone.

 

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. But I'm just so tired of this. Every. Single. Day. Ugh!" Luhan turned to his locker and rested his forehead on the cold metal surface. 

 

Luhan didn't outright say the reason for his irritation, but Minseok knew all too well. It's another trouble in the morning train. It's amazing how Luhan can literally attract a different ert almost everyday. It was a good thing that his best friend is no pushover and is using his martial arts skill to apprehend anyone who dares to lay a hand on him. 

 

"Gahd! Those homos have nothing better to do!" Luhan grumbled again.

 

That last part shook Minseok. He can't help but feel a stab in his gut every time he's reminded of Luhan's hatred for homouals because of his bad experience from erts from a young age. Young Luhan's fears turned into pure hatred once he reached his teenage years and can fend off everyone who tries to assault him. 

 

"It's a good thing you don't have to ride the train to get here." His best friend turned to him with a very gentle expression that quickly turned murderous with the next few words. "If they ever try anything funny on you, I swear I'll end up in prison for murder."

 

"Last time I checked, I'm the one with a higher belt in Taekwondo." Minseok answered after gathering his things from the locker.

 

"Yeah. But you can't take it out of me to worry. You're my best friend, and the prettiest girl this world has ever seen."

 

Yes. That's right. A girl.

 

"Whatever, Lu. Let's get to class."

 

"Wait for me!" Luhan jogged after Minseok and swung his arm around his shoulder, a cute smile tugging at his lips. The action didn't fail to make his stupid heart try to burst out of his chest.

 

Whatever happens. Luhan must never find out. He must never find out that his best friend is a guy that have been in love with him for the longest time. Yes. A homo. The very thing he hates. Minseok will not be able to take it. He will never be able to take it if Luhan will direct that disgusted look at him. Luhan must not find out. He can't. He won't. Minseok will make sure of that.