Kang Seulgi

An Encore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you start reading on, let me make it clear for everyone: I have replaced Luhan’s character with Lee Taeyong, previously from SMRookies and now an NCT/NCT U member. Some of you may or may not like it, but I feel I could connect more with the story if I made this change. Apologies to those who wanted a Luhan/Seulgi storyline! Isn’t it more interesting now, though, with SeulKook, SeulMin, and SeulYong (a fairly popular ship honestly) all meeting up in this story? No? Just me? Oh, well. Enjoy! x

 

Chapter 6: Kang Seulgi

 

A Few Years Ago

 

    Namjoon looked like he was ready to beat someone up. “What are you two doing?” He whispered furiously to his two teammates as he looked at them from below. He was standing under a thirty-foot sycamore tree, one of the biggest in the academy. Its sturdy and thick branches did not move amidst the strong current of the wind, and, like the branches, the two figures who had climbed dangerously high up in the tree remained perfectly immobile: one was seated comfortably on a branch, while another leaned firmly against the tree.

    Seulgi and Taeyong loved to go on their own little adventures within the academy. It’s always been a source of frustration for Namjoon—he’s not even angry at Seulgi, because he knows that all these rebellious acts were Taeyong’s doing. It would also be a lie to say that Seulgi didn’t feel guilty whenever she went against their leader, but she just couldn’t seem to say no to Taeyong. They had grown up together, and although he could have asked anyone to hang out with him, he mostly went to Seulgi instead. She didn’t know why, she was afraid to ask—and so she just went with it. How could she say no to him? 

    Everyone loved Taeyong, absolutely everyone. Teachers, students, robots, and even their enemies, to some extent. It was amazing to watch how he’s always gotten what he wants, be it a physical or intangible matter. Sometimes, it drove Seulgi mad with envy. Why was she surrounded by such flawless people? It’s a question she still asks herself at night, at that moment before her mind drifts into a deep sleep.

    At that moment, however, they were supposed to be in attendance for a meeting. Seulgi wanted to go as she still feared for Namjoon’s Alice, but Taeyong had easily convinced her to stay with him. Taeyong had put up a strong face, but she knew he was incredibly tired from their mission the night before—it was actually short of a miracle how they left the warehouse, for the most part, without injuries. She supposed there was more to it than that, since he acted even more cheerfully than he usually does. She didn’t want to push him though; he’ll tell her when he’s ready, as he usually does.

    Soon enough, Namjoon found out about their rebellious act, and have decided on going to them instead, promptly ending his meeting.

    Taeyong grinned at his leader, instead climbing higher up in the tree. “You’re free to join us if you like, hyung!” He was normally a responsible person, Seulgi wanted to argue to thin air. Taeyong was even part of the famed student council. He was their year representative; he had been for two years already. It’s just that he was tired, that’s all.

    Seulgi, who was content with sitting on one of the branches, waved Jungkook over. He probably followed Namjoon even though their leader had said he would come to them on his own in his angry state. Seulgi admired that bit of fearlessness in him. For her, she needed to have someone else before she does anything remotely risky. She was a coward, and she was miserable about it.

     “Come sit with me, Kookie.” Jungkook brightened up as he immediately walked towards the tree to climb it; however, Namjoon caught him by the back of his shirt.

    “Stop influencing him to do bad things, Seulgi—no, actually, Taeyong should stop influencing you in the first place!” Namjoon shouted frustratedly. Taeyong gave up on climbing higher and instead sat beside Seulgi. “What, exactly, are we doing here that’s bad, hyung? We’re just sitting on a tree.”

    “Oppa… I’m sorry I missed your meeting—“ Seulgi started to say, but then Taeyong nudged her hard before giving her a glare.

    “—but we were just having a little bit of fun after the mission we had last night. We deserve a break, don’t we, hyung? I mean, Seulgi-yah and I worked the most out of everyone in the team.” Taeyong finished for her. Seulgi could only roll her eyes at him. 

    And she wondered where her favourite maknae got his behaviour from. Taeyong sure loves setting an example, Seulgi thought.

    Namjoon sighed. “I’m very aware of that, Taeyong, and I appreciate all the hard work you and Seulgi had done last night, but this meeting was important—“

    “Hyung, please. Just give us today to rest, and we’ll follow your every command.” Taeyong gave their leader his most trustworthy smile. 

    While he was speaking, though, Seulgi had been subtly giving signals to Jungkook to climb the tree with them. In one quick move, Jungkook freed himself from Namjoon’s grip and practically ran  vertically upwards of the tree to where they are.

    “Wow, our Kookie’s so athletic!” Seulgi exclaimed in a proud manner as Jungkook went on to lie down beside her, putting his head on her lap.

    “And he’s apparently also cheeky,” Taeyong chuckled. Seulgi li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter