Park Jimin

An Encore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Park Jimin

    It was a day like any other in the dangerous ability classroom, with the students being noisy as usual, but not being daring enough to stand from their seats in fear of Onew’s constantly watching eyes—even though he wasn’t actually there yet. 

    It was almost five in the afternoon, meaning that Onew’s been late for more than an hour. It was nothing new, though. The dangerous ability professor is notoriously known for never having a sense of urgency, no matter what the situation. 

    Jimin had his head propped up with his left hand as he tried to listen to Chanyeol’s story. It was mostly a lost cause, however—it seemed that everyday, Chanyeol had a suitcase full of stories he couldn’t wait to tell everyone, and there was only so much Jimin could absorb. 

    “Baekhyun and I were on our way back to the dorm, and we saw the weirdest thing…”

    Jimin was looking at Chanyeol, but in his peripheral view there was the other mission team who sat a few tables behind his team, and he couldn’t help but pay attention to them as well. At the very back were Namjoon and Jungkook, both doing their own thing. Seulgi, who sat beside Yoongi, looked like she was daydreaming. She had her hair tied up in a ponytail, as usual, allowing everyone to see her fairy-like ears. She had her head propped up with both her hands, and she was quiet amidst the noise of the classroom.

    She looks lovelier today than usual, Jimin’s thoughts wandered over to her.

    “… Yah! What kind of story was that!” Irene, who sat beside Jimin, laughed as she slapped Chanyeol’s shoulders. Jimin laughed to make it look like he listened, but his ears were listening to something else.

    “You’re staring again,” He barely heard Yoongi say to his partner, Seulgi. There isn’t a day when Jimin wasn’t jealous of that fact—thankfully, no one but himself knows about it. He and Yoongi were close, but—look, not even Taehyung knew about Seulgi, and this was Taehyung, his best friend.

    She was staring? At whom? Jimin wondered. He itched to steal a glance at her, but there was something holding him back—he didn’t want Irene’s hawk eyes to notice. His leader was incredibly instinctive; she could tell from the slightest movements what they could mean, and she was usually right about it.

    And there was no way in hell Jimin was going to risk Irene, of all people, to know about his little crush on Seulgi. The two girls have been friends for a long time, so, if she found out about it, there’s no doubt that Seulgi would know eventually as well.

    “Jimin-ah, are you listening?” Jimin brought his attention back to Chanyeol, who was looking at him funnily.

    “What is it, hyung?” He replied. Chanyeol was part of their mission group as well, but the two never really became close. He was still a hyung, though, so Jimin still had a lot of respect for him.

    Chanyeol leaned in from his seat. “Who’s our little Jiminnie asking to the ball, huh?” He snickered. Hanbin, who sat beside Chanyeol, listened closely with a matching expression.

    “This should be interesting,” Irene joined in. “Isn’t Jimin-ah really popular towards the ladies recently? Yah, you’ve really grown up!”

    Jimin blushed. “Aniyo, noona! I don’t think so at all.” It was true, Jimin wanted to argue. He didn’t feel his popularity, even though everyone around him has been saying otherwise. He didn’t care for it either way; he wasn’t the type to care about such things in the first place.

    “Hyung, you don’t have to be so humble,” Hanbin grinned, earning a smack on the head by Jimin.

    “What about you, huh, Hanbin-ah? How many hearts have you broken today?” Jimin teased, eager to transfer the attention to the poor maknae of their group.

    Hanbin shook his head fiercely. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, hyung,” he tried his best to look innocent, but the corners of his mouth were tilting upwards, betraying his real feelings.

    “Aigoo! Look at my attractive dongsaengs,” Irene chimed in. She hates it when people say she has a motherly vibe, but when she says things like that, it’s hard for Jimin not to be reminded of his own doting mother.

    At that moment, Onew entered the classroom, making Jimin and the others face the front of the room immediately. The room was immediately quiet.

    He settled his things on his desk before speaking. “Leaders, stand on your feet.”

    The leaders—Irene and Namjoon—stood up. “Are all your members present today?” Onew asked, not even looking up from his papers.

    “Bear, Suga, and Seagull are here, sir.” Namjoon reported, calling them by their aliases.

    “Yeol, Jimin, and B.I. are also here, sir.” Irene calmly said after him.

    Onew glanced at everyone, confirming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter