A new freind

what did we do?!

in the morning gongchan woke with sweat dripping down his brow, " geez it's hot in here." he said as he whipped the sweat from his face. getting out of bed he heard his grandma call,

" Chan, you up? come on down i made us some breakfast." gongchan put on some pants and headed down stairs. as he walked down the old stair case he looked to the wall she see all the pictures of his dad with his father and how happy they were. it make gongchan feel like there was a hole in his gut. " i wish i could have met him" Chan thought to himself clutching on to his sweat stained shirt his stomach felt in more knots than ever felt. once he got to the bottom he walked through the living room that was decorated with colorful sofas and fresh doilies. and in the middle was a coffee table with three pictures on one was laying flat on the table. gongchan lifted the picture just a little bit when his Gran came in, " com'on boy your food's gonna get cold." gongchan dropped the picture out of fright and heard a crack. his Gran turned around and walked over to the table where gongchan was standing and lifted up the old picture. she looked at the picture as if she were going to throw up; than she laid it back down on the table just like before and said in a grim voice, " com'on here your breakfast is gettin cold."the two sat down at the dinning room table seated with four chairs they were all pulled out except one, at the head of the table, gongchan wanted to ask why, but deep down he already knew.

" alright now hurry up so we can get started on some work round this house. now there are some things that you can't touch, but I'll tell you in just a second." she said as she shoved some scrambled eggs in . gongchan looked at her closely as he spoke; he noticed she had false teeth and that her hair was also a wig due to the lack of style and every time she spoke her teeth came out just a bit. " she must be really old, i wonder when she'll kill over" gongchan thought to himself.

" what you thinking about? what, wondering when I'll die too?" she giggled, but gongchan felt his heart sink and thought maybe there may be some dark magic going on in this house. later that day they were in knee deep of house work. gongchan was sweeping upstairs when he hit the wall with the broom he looked over to see a hole that he'd made. he was afraid he'd get into some trouble, so he tried to cover it up with something only to make the hold bigger. the flower printed wallpaper was pilling fast, but gongchan noticed something about how it was pilling. it looked like a line, a perfectly straight line, gongchan couldn't help his curiosity, so he continued to pill the wallpaper to find a door on the other side. he felt like a character from on of the book he'd read. he reached or the handle and turned the nob, " locked." he said disappointedly. he finally realized the mess he made when he heard  his grandma call, " how's it going up there Chan, you almost done?"

" yeah yeah, I'm done i just- yeah I'm done."

"okay i wanna come up and see it." gongchan panicked

"no! i mean it's good you don't need to see it. besides the long claiming stairs might hurt your, uh back! yeah your back."

" okay well I'm sure it won't hurt as much as my feelings right now, but if you insist i don't see it than fine i won't see it. just come down here, so we can go to the market for some food for dinner tonight."

"o-okay I'll be right down." gongchan left the room and lightly closed the door behind him and hoped she didn't come in there anytime soon. at the market place gongchan stood outside and ended up meeting someone...

" Hi, you must be new here. what's your name?" the young child no older than gongchan said

" uh gongchan, and yeah I'm saying with my grandma over the summer because i did a bad thing." gongchan explained.

" what did you do?" the other child asked

"o- oh i can't tell you i might get in more trouble for running my mouth." he said, "what's your name?" gongchan asked.

" my name is amber i also came to stay over the summer; i do every summer. it's really swell down here away from all the cities, and lights, and noise. i come here with my mom all the time."

" what about your dad?" gongchan asked

"oh, he-well- i haven't seen him since i was a baby, but i don't know where he is now. So how old did you say you were?"

" I'm 12, how old are you?"

" Same. so have you made any friends yet?"

" no, i mean if you count yourself." gongchan said with confidence

amber smiled as her cheeks flushed red  " sure, we can be friends." she giggled. not a moment later gongchan's grandma came out of the store and with a big bag of groceries, " come along chan chan wes got some cooking to do." gongchan waved good bye to his new freind and walked off with his grandmother.

"well she was pretty." 

"grandma!"