Who Would Have Known

Surprise

The first thing I do once I've opened the door is set my keys on the near by table. Then I start to put away my groceries; some ramen, a bottle of wine, milk and some chocolate for myself. Once I've finished I turn the TV on to see if there's anything good, and then I hear the doorbell. 

"Hello." Says the boy at the door. He has a large, black delivery bag on his right arm and he's wearing a baseball hat that hides his eyes and he's staring at the ground. "Is Yoo Youngjae here?" He asks.

"I am Yoo Youngjae." I tell him.

"Well someone sent you a present." He says before he reaches into his bag and pulls out a bouquet of flowers. The bouquet mostly features roses but there are lilies and daises there too. 

"Thank you." I tell him as he hands me the bouquet, still refusing to look up. His voice is familiar. Have I met him before?

"You're very welcome." He says. He continues to stare at the ground. I expect him to say something, like a remark about what a great Valentine's Day gift this must be, once I realize that he doesn't plan on saying anything I decide to go back inside. 

"Goodbye." I tell him before closing the door. I look for a note which I find it in between the flowers and the ribbon keeping them together. Do I even have a vase for this? I ask myself as I pull the note out. I'm about to open it so I can see who sent this to me when I hear the sound of the door opening. I turn around and see the delivery boy in my house. 

"I'm so sorry to intrude but I need you to sign for that." He points at the clipboard in his hand. He still refuses to look up from the ground.

"Okay then." I say as I put the bouquet on the table. "But you should have just knocked on the door."

"I'm sorry." He says before he gives me a pen to sign the form with. I quickly sign my name on the sheet of paper. "And there's one more thing I have to give you before I go."

I look up at him to say what he wants to give me. "What is it-"

I'm interrupted by the delivery boy kissing me. The kiss is soft, and it only lasts for a few seconds. But I'm still shocked by how sudden it is, by how familiar it feels. 

"Happy Valentine's Day Youngjae." I hear him say before he finally looks up at me. It's Daehyun, the delivery boy is Daehyun.  I should have known it was Daehyun. "I hope you enjoyed your present." He says before he smiles. "I had a pretty hard time finding something that made me look like a delivery boy so I hope you enjoyed it."

"I guess I did." I tell him. "But didn't you say you had to help you sister move today or something?"

"She got somebody else to do it so I decided to come see my favorite person and then I thought about surprising you." He says before he pulls me in for a hug. "But you still haven't told me what you thought of my delivery boy disguise."

"It was nice." I tell him. "But it was kinda excessive. What do you even have in that bag?"

"I have..." I lets go of me to hold the bag in front of him. "... two boxes of chocolates-"

"Did you eat any of them?"

"No. What kind of delivery boy would I be if I ate the customers' chocolates? I also have some rom coms, a scented candle and... some flower petals." He says before throwing the petals up into the air like confete. He smiles like an idiot as they fall down. I sigh. "I'm sorry." He says before he gets a broom to clean up a broom to clean up the petals while I look for a vase for the flowers. By the time I've placed the bouquet in a large cup (I don't have a vase) I see Daehyun on my couch.

 "So, whatcha watchin'?" He asks me. 

"Well, I was gonna watch what ever was on but we could watch one of your movies."

"Sound like a plan." He replies before patting the spot next to him, inviting me to sit next to him.

Soon we find ourselves cuddling on the couch, my head resting on Daehyun's chest and his head on top of mine. "You know that I love you right?" He whispers into my ear.

"I know you do. Now quit being a sap. I wanna see what happens." I tell him.

He kisses me on the cheek. "Okay." He says before he pulls me into a hug. He knows how I really feel. "I just wanted to say it."  

I sigh. "I love you too. You know that right?" 

"Of course I do." He says before he kisses me again, this time on the lips, just as soft as he did earlier. "But it's still nice to hear it."

"I guess so." I tell him before I move closer to him. We both turn our heads to watch the movie even though we're both starting to get a little sleepy. I look up at him. His eyes are getting heavy. He looks cute like this. I guess this was a nice surprise. I think before I look at the TV again.