Thank You

puppy love

Title: Puppy Love

Pairing: Kaisoo

Word length: 1327 words


The cream curtains act as a filter between the morning sunlight and the both of them. Kyungsoo rubs his eyes and stir, stretching his rigid limbs but also being extra careful not to wake the person beside him; he’s a heavy sleeper but Kyungsoo does not want to risk getting kneed in the crotch, just like what happened the other time he tried to wake him up.

Kyungsoo slowly climbs out of the tangled mess of limbs, making his way to the kitchen for a cup of water. He checks the clock: it’s 9.35am, just in time for breakfast. He scurries to freshen up before preparing breakfast. The house is soon filled with the aroma of scrambled eggs and coffee.

“Good morning baby,” a whisper tickles the crook of Kyungsoo’s neck as a familiar weight lays on his shoulder. His breath gently blows against Kyungsoo’s skin and he smiles as he pours the brown liquid into cups.

“Morning,” he replies as he lightly nudges the taller male to make way for himself, “brush your teeth, you stink.”

The latter lets out a deep chuckle as he ruffles Kyungsoo’s hair, “I’m sure you don’t mind,” Kyungsoo hears the smirk in his voice. He purses his lips and leans in for a peck but Kyungsoo places a finger in between their lips.

“Kim Jongin, if I tell your fans about how horrible your morning breath is, I’m sure they will flee from you,” he playfully says and pushes him towards the bathroom, “go.” Jongin’s contagious laughter resounds in the apartment and Kyungsoo finds himself grinning along.

Life cannot get better for Do Kyungsoo- he’s engaged to possibly the hottest guy to ever grace the Earth (at least to his fans), he has his own apartment in downtown Seoul, a stable job at a rice cake shop; nonetheless there’s something missing in both of their lives.

He is ready to take the next step.

Jongin emerges from the bathroom, humming the tune to his newest song. Both of them take a seat and dig into breakfast with a few mindless complaints from Jongin, claiming how there’s probably a whole stick of butter in the eggs and how he’s going to get diabetes from the coffee, but Kyungsoo never takes these comments to heart. He knows how much Jongin loves his cooking and that he cannot live without it. After all, they first met at Kyungsoo’s rice cake shop while Jongin was still a regular customer.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo calls.

“Hmm?” he mumbles as he starts clearing the dishes. Kyungsoo helps him with the cups.

“Do you miss your babies?” he asks, side-eyeing him. A soft sigh escapes the younger boy’s lips.

Nodding his head, he replies, “Of course I do. I love them more than anything else in the world.” His eyes light up as he mentions them and Kyungsoo smiles fondly.

“More than me?” he teases. Jongin sticks out his tongue and wraps him in a tight embrace suddenly, causing the shorter male to almost drop the cups in his hand.

He plants a kiss on top of his head, “I hate you the most because you make my heart race so much every time my eyes fall upon you.”

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and squirms away from him, kicking him in the shin and earning a cry of pain from him. “That’s so cheesy, try again,” he folds his arms across his chest and walks away, leaving Jongin, who is snickering from behind, to do the dishes.

“Why the sudden question, baby?” Jongin says as he scrubs the plates.

“Finish your washing first,” Kyungsoo replies.

“Fine.”

He feels the sofa sink and a pair of arms wraps around his waist. “So?” Jongin urges impatiently. Kyungsoo takes out his phone and scrolls through his photos. He stops at a photo of a Pomeranian that was sprawling across the floor, its limbs sticking up in the air. Kyungsoo feels his boyfriend squirming in adoration for the puppy.

“What do you think of her?”

A smile lights up his face and he stares longingly at the puppy on the screen, “She’s adorable!”

Kyungsoo breaks out into a soft laugh. “What if I say she’s going to live with us?”

Jongin momentarily freezes and stares at him, mouth hanging open. “Are you serious?” he thinks out loud. He nods his head with a huge smile spread across his face.

“I’ve made arrangements and her owner says we can go over later.”

However, Jongin’s expression slowly morphs into a worried one. “But… but aren’t you afraid of dogs? Don’t force yourself,” he says and places his hands on Kyungsoo’s cheeks, gaze clouded with uncertainty.

The latter wraps his arms around him and answers, “Am I one to make hasty decisions?”

Kyungsoo knows how much he loves dogs and seeing him gazing so lovingly at his three pups convinced him to have a new addition to their family. After all, love is all about accomodation, isn’t it?

He spends the next fifteen minutes assuring Jongin that he will be fine, showering him with kisses as he does that.

That afternoon, they grab their keys and leave the house, hand in hand. Jongin starts the car and drives off to the destination. His lips are parted with an enormous grin and he sings along to the song playing on the radio.

They finally reach after a twenty minute drive and Kyungsoo steps out of the car, his stomach knotting suddenly. He starts thinking of all the scenarios that could happen – the puppy barking furiously at him or even worse, pouncing on him.He shivers at the thought of it and freezes  in his tracks.

“What’s wrong Soo?” Jongin asks, voice full of concern. He takes one of his hands and rubs it gently.

“I’m…I’m still a little afraid,” he confesses, burying his face in Jongin’s shoulder and fighting back the terrifying thoughts. Jongin’s hands find their way to his waist and he hugs him tightly, squeezing him ever so lightly.

“Don’t be, you have me,” he offers words of encouragement. Kyungsoo looks up and gazes at him and Jongin gives him an encouraging smile. The older male takes a step back and Jongin offers him a hand, still smiling at him. He breathes in deeply and grabs it without further hesitation.

Jongin is Kyungsoo’s safety blanket and he knows that nothing will happen as long as they face it together.

Jongin presses on the doorbell. Surprisingly there are no barks, but Kyungsoo still shuts his eyes tightly. He hears the door slowly opening and Jongin gasping. He opens his eyes slightly.

“Hi, are you Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo? Come in!” a middle-aged lady ushers them in and Kyungsoo’s eyes fall upon the tiniest, most adorable puppy ever. She is fast asleep in the lady’s arms, her long lashes falling softly across her tightly shut eyes. “Would you like to carry her?” she offers.

Jongin nods excitedly, gently taking the puppy into his arms. She stirs and lets out a small yawn, blinking a few times. Jongin’s mouth falls apart slightly before he breaks into a grin of pure adoration. “She’s beautiful,” he gasps. Kyungsoo cannot help but agree. Without warning, Jongin places her into his arms and he almost screams in shock.

Her puppy eyes stare into Kyungsoo’s. He lets out an unconscious giggle as she his arm. “Thank you Madam, we will take great care of her,” Jongin says and bows. The lady waves it away and sends them to the door.

Kyungsoo carefully carries her as they make their way back to the vehicle. “What would you like to name her?” Kyungsoo asks Jongin.

“How about Gomi?”

“Welcome to the family, Kim Gomi,” Kyungsoo whispers to the puppy in his arms and she lets out a soft yelp, leaving Jongin and Kyungsoo chuckling as they drive off to a new life, with the newest love of their lives snoring softly in Kyungsoo’s lap.