The Wedding Invitation

The Wedding Singer

"It is a good thing you are invited to that wedding as a regular guest."

"What do you mean by regular guest, hyung?” Kim Jong Kook asks Suk Jin, though he already has an idea on what his hyung is trying to say.

"Hey, Kook Jong, as if you don't know. Suk Jin hyung is saying that it is a good thing you are not invited to sing at the wedding."

"What is bad in singing at weddings?" He cannot help but feel almost irritated to what Jae Suk hyung had said. He is a singer, so of course he has to sing, even at weddings.

"There is nothing bad in it hyung. What is bad is that you had been busy to sing at too many weddings that you may not have your own wedding to sing to."

"Yah, Ha Dong Hoon. Just because you are married before me."

"At least Jong Kook, you can be comforted by the fact that Kwang Soo will not marry before you."

"Gary hyung is right, Jong Kook hyung. I will not marry before you did marry."

"Because you will never get married.” chorused by the five other guys.

"Ey, Jong Kook hyung is more likely the one not to get married."

"Yah, Lee Kwang Soo." Jong Kook shouted, but his voice is lost in the banter of the members.

This is what I get by opening up this topic.

Kim Jong Kook has received another invitation to a wedding the day before their RM filming. The wedding is next week, and he is invited as a friend of the groom. His friend may have wanted him to sing, but the bride has already had a singer in mind even before the pair dated.

Of course, he has to bring up this topic so that he can contribute to the members' banter during filming break. It's not like they can always have a guest-free filming like today. They can talk everything else under the sun.

His thoughts are broken when he hears Ji Hyo's voice. Apparently, she was awakened by the men's loud voices.

"Oppa, what are you talking about to be this loud?" Ji Hyo asks. Jong Kook may have missed something as he is also curious on what they are now talking about.

"Mianhe, Ji Hyo-ah, we are just talking about how I am not invited yet to sing on weddings.” Gary answers.

"Oh, then oppa you can also sing at my wedding."

"So Ji Hyo-ah, you want a squid to sing at your wedding? That will be a first."

"Yah, Haha, stop with this squid thing."

"But you really are."

Gary and Haha continue their quarrel in the sideline, which, they all later realized, ended up with Gary posting in his weibo account about the squid thing.

As Jong Kook watches the two kids' quarrel, a sudden feeling came to him. It is like what he felt when Ji Hyo and him are walking down the aisle for a mission. It feels weird whenever weddings and Ji Hyo are in his same line of thoughts. There is always a weird mixture of happiness, then pain. Happy to imagine himself getting married to Ji Hyo, but painful to think when reality tells him that may never happen.

Dongsaeng. Dongsaeng. He can still very much remember Ji Hyo's words back then. Right. Dongsaeng.

His heart died a little with these thoughts, but beats again when he notices the pair of beautiful big eyes staring at him. Ji Hyo is now standing in front of him, too close for his comfort.

You are making me fall harder with you staring at me with those eyes of yours and with you this close, Ji Hyo-ah.

He almost says those words out loud, if not for the slight touch of Ji Hyo's hand on his forehead.

"It is not like you have a fever oppa but you are quiet for too long. Are you ok oppa?"

“I am ok Ji Hyo-ah. I am just maybe thinking too much.”

“And may I hear those thoughts oppa?”

Why do you keep on taking care of me when you cannot love me? He longed to say those words to her, but for now, he has to think of something for her not to be suspicious. Ah right, she had said something about Gary to sing at her wedding, also. Also.

“Ah, nothing much. But wait, you had said about Gary to sing also at your wedding. So there will be another one?”

“Of course oppa. You will be the wedding singer also, right oppa?”

Ji Hyo wants me to sing at her wedding. Just the singer. Not the groom.

He could had really died right on the spot, good thing Jae Suk hyung saved him.

“Ji Hyo-ah, it is expected that all of us will attend the wedding of our Running Girl. Just like it is expected to me to be the emcee of the three remaining Running Man weddings.”

“Why only three hyung? There are four of us.”

“Because Kwang Soo, as we had said, you will never get married.”

No Jae Suk hyung. It is most likely that I will be the one to not get married.

“Ey, as if there will be also someone who wants to marry noona.”

If only you know Kwang Soo.

“There is someone Kwang Soo-yah.”

“Who?” chorused the Running Men.

“Hyun Bin!”

Lucky Hyun Bin. Unlucky me.

Luckily, a PD announces the end of their break. Off to another location.

As they are going to the next location, he had not noticed that Jae Suk hyung is walking next to him.

“Yah, you are too obvious earlier.”

“But Ji Hyo did not notice and I am positive she never will.”

“That is why you really have to do something. Forget your style where you let the girl confess first lest it may be too late.”

“Hyung!” Do not remind me that.

“You know why I said three weddings not four? And it is not like Kwang Soo will never really marry.”

“I think I get what you are saying hyung.”

“Right, Jong Kook. It is either you and Ji Hyo get married or Ji Hyo will marry someone else, and you, you know, will be forever a bachelor. That is why you need to do something or else Ji Hyo will really get married to Hyun Bin or some other guy.”

The filming ended, another week passed, and he had attended his friend’s wedding when an announcement came out.