Epilogue

15 years later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A feeling of dread settles in Sehun’s mind as he looks on at the sleeping figure next to him. Jongin looks happy when he’s asleep, but what if this is was all just a dream?

He runs his hands over the swell of his belly, reminding himself what the doctor had told him just a few hours ago.

‘it’s a girl.’

A small smile graces his face he remembers Jongin’s beaming smile as they were given the news, and the smiles grows wider when he remembers how Jongdae and Minseok looked disappointed that it wasn’t a boy, yet seemed happy to get a sibling anyway.

But the smile slipped off.

‘What if it’s all a dream?’

Sehun and Jongin had come a long way. Things had changed so much since they first met, he had a ring on his finger, two sons who he adored, a daughter who he’ll adore and a husband who adored him. He didn’t think he had been this happy in his whole life and sometimes it scares him.

It’s a foolish thought, of course it’s not all a dream.

They still had their bad days where Jongin would get annoyed at something Sehun didn’t do and Sehun would get annoyed at what Jongin did do. It’s a long drawn process of the two ignoring each other for the whole of two hours before Jongin slips into Sehun’s arms and presses kisses all over his face in apology.

It can’t be a dream since he feels the wetness of his cheeks every time the twins kiss him goodbye before going to school. He loves that feeling; the feeling of their soft lips against his cheeks. For him they speak louder than words. Of course, Jongin always gets annoyed that Sehun prefers their son’s kisses to his. It can’t be a dream, not if he can hear Jongin speak incoherent things in his sleep, and say his name at times.

He turns back to stare at his husbands face again. Jongin shifts in his sleeps, slightly nudging him.

‘You awake baby?’ he asks, his voice laced with sleep, yet his eyes shouting nothing but concern. In a sudden surge of confidence, Sehun leans towards him and presses their lips together, making Jongin smile. ‘I guess that answers my question.’

‘The baby won’t stay still.’ Sehun whined. Because he had every right to whine, he had been carrying this super-excited baby inside him; she literally wouldn’t stop moving, especially at night; especially when Sehun would be super sleepy.

Jongin chuckled, all thoughts of sleep leaving him as he looked at Sehun lovingly. The room was dark, yet he had kept the window open, especially tonight. It was full moon, and it’s light bounced around the room. He loved it, he loved how his husband looked in the moon light. He pressed another kiss on Sehun’s lips and let his hands move down towards his belly, loving how big it was.

It was made his heart swell, whenever he saw how big Sehun’s tummy had gotten, and that he had been the reason for it. It was their child, and Jongin knew he would dot on his daughter so so much. He couldn’t wait to finally hold her. Just three more weeks.

‘Let your papa sleep Sujong-ah…’ Jongin cooed.

Sehun’s cheeks get heated up as he watches Jongin slid down the bed and face his belly. He’s talking to their daughter, with his lips pressed against Sehun’s belly. Sehun can’t make out what he i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter