★ cheatsheet.

★ end of summer // apply open.
cheatsheet
 
 
The Story » This story is about a group of students that partake in a sport called Stride. The sport is a mix between cross country and parkour/free running, as well as using a relay race concept that is used in track. The sport is a team sport that uses various courses that usually span up to about 2-4 miles with various difficulty levels - Whether's is terrain, obstacles, or even the length of the course, they all tie into the difficulty level and what is needed from each runner. To help each team relay transition smoothly, the team uses a relationer to help each runner get their timing down so they can relay smoothly between each runner.

For Endurance High, the school used to have a pretty good team that was often publicized through various Stride Association articles and videos, but in recent years, all of that has gone to the wayside as the school hasn't had a team at all... They've had a couple of members - enough to keep the club alive, but not enough to actually participate in matchups and tournaments, especially End of Summer. So for those applying, your character can already be on the team or they can join the team in the beginning of the year. Each team is made up of 5 runners and a relationer as mentioned earlier. Most teams are comprised of males, but in recent years, more and more schools have been using co-ed teams.

Another thing that teams need before they can compete is someone that will sponsor/endorse them because Stride isn't that cheap of a sport due to materials and complexity that each course needs. Every month, there are up 2 matches between rival teams and depending on a team's record, that will decide if they'll participate in the tournament, End of Summer, or not.

End of Summer is a tounament where 8 different teams will compete against each other in hopes to find out which school has the best team in the nation. (If you need a visual, I suggest watching the anime Prince of Stride: Alternative, which this is based off of.)


The Basics » This is an anime apply fic, so anime/manga faceclaims only. Oreki Houtarou from Hyouka is taken. Ages of characters should be between 16-19 years old due to them being in high school. Characters should also be Asian - mostly Japanese though because this takes place at a school that's based in Tokyo. (You can have non-Japanese characters, but make sure to explain why they're in Tokyo in the backstory section.)

Girl and guy characters are accepted and you can apply more than once. And while the focus of the story isn't on romance, there may be some romance in it since the story does take place in high school and it would be odd if crushes/significant others didn't happen. Personality and Backstory should be pretty self-explanatory and I'm not really looking for something super long either, especially since the short interview should give me a feel for how your character is as a person. For relationships, add only the important people like family/friends/significant others.


The Interview » Answer the questions as if your character is answering them. Possible things to include in this section is what are your character's specialties when it comes to the Stride (Are they fast? Are the good at tricks? etc... (I'm not expecting anything too complicated here, but things like them being fast, having a lot of endurance, maybe they're really strong and that helps them with tricks, etc... That's the type of stuff I'm looking for.), their strengths and weaknesses, anything they worry about when it comes to the team/sport or anything about the final tournament.

For those that are thinking about having their character being already a part of the team, the story about why Stride hasn't been happening at Endurance High is mostly due to the lack of people interested in the sport. However, there was an incident a couple years back that had injured two runners on the team: Ito Katsurou, who was a freshman at the time and had taken the brunt of the accident's consequences, and a third year named Eru Shunsuke. Newcomers may not know what had hppened approximately two years ago, but there are people within the Stride Association and people from other teams that know about it.


Extras » While this story does have the occasional angsty scenes it's focus is mostly on friendship and coming together as a team. However, crack and comedy will be in it as well. If you've seen any sports anime, it'll be a little similar to that. Other than that, keep the app neat and be realistic with your characters.