Kim Ryeowook

Of Ryeowook and Kyuhyun

It was cold that night. Ryeowook could feel shivers running down his spine as he tried to make himself comfortable under the covers of his bed. He closed his eyes, trying to get some sleep but it was impossible because of the cold. He was sure that he had the heater to it's highest temperature but it was still so cold. He couldn't complain thou because of his fever since two days ago, it was bound to be colder than normal. Plus, winter is coming soon so it was much worse for his body to take in.

Ryeowook was always one of those people that is rarely sick and even if he got sick it would only last for like one day at most. Usually he would feel better half the day so it was unusual for him to have a fever this long.

It was not that big a of deal actually but it became one because it's the concert season. Tomorrow they would have their second stop in Tokyo Dome and after hours and hours of rehearsals and practice, they finally got back to their hotel for a good few hours of sleep before needing to go back to the concert arena again the next morning. Even though they went back to the hotel they usually never sleep when they have concert the very next day. It was common for them to gather round together inside Leeteuk's room and discuss the final preparations, just going through everything to make sure nothing will go wrong. However, there are times when they would end up falling asleep for one or two hours or so due to overwhelming tiredness.

That night everyone was gathered in Leeteuk's room as usual except for Ryeowook. Since his fever was getting worse so they made sure that he didn't push himself too much and get the rest he needed once they got back to the hotel. He had no saying and had to obeyed being push inside his room and ordered to not do anything else but sleep. He was silently thankful at this gesture and the fact that s understood his desperate need of rest and sleep. His body was weighing on him so much during rehearsals that he vomitted twice. He didn't want the same thing to happen again tomorrow in front of thousands of fans. He hoped and prayed that he would be fine by next morning and began to doze off.

 

---------------------------

Ryeowook woke up with an annoyed grunt as he felt his body being shove gently. He opened his eyes and saw Leeteuk. Behind him was their manager hyung.

Damn rule. Ryeowook cursed inside his mind. He had always hated that one rule that states that managers must always own a master key for every room Super Junior members are staying in every time they check in to a hotel. It was one thing to get his privacy invaded but a whole lot of things to get his sleep disturbed. He was not please even the slightest.

 

'Hey, Wookie I know you're tired but it's time to get up now.' Leeteuk warmly uttered as he lightly brush his fingers along Ryeowook's hair.

'You're still burning up.' Leeteuk frowned when he felt the overwhelming heat from Ryeowook's forehead. 'This is not good.'

 

Ryeowook wanted to reassure the older man that he would be fine but his head felt so heavy he grunted instead at the pain.

 

'Should he even perform?' Leeteuk looked at the manager hyung.
'I think we should let him rest. I know it's a bad idea because it's a live concert but he's really sick.'

'You know that the decision is not in my hands. I have to ask the higher ups for permission but really it will always come down to Ryeowook himself.' The manager hyung replied. 'You guys are not rookies anymore so they won't be so hard.'

'Please don't.' Ryeowook said as he slowly force himself to sit up. 'I want to perform today.'

'Ryeowook, you're really sick right now.' Leeteuk disagreed looking at the younger man.

'And since when being sick has stop any of us from performing and standing on stage?' Ryeowook argued leaning back against the wall.

'You did it and so have the other members so I'll do it too. Besides, this is our concert. It's Super Shows not some music shows or festivals and concerts. It's OURS. The fans came especially for us and wait in line for hours. I can't just abandon them just because I'm sick.'

'I'll perform okay hyung?'

Leeteuk knew it was pointless to argue with the younger man. Ryeowook can actually be really stubborn compared to the other members and once he made up his mind about something, nothing can stop him.

'Alright but promise me you won't force yourself too hard.' He sighed.

 

---------------------------

 

Ryeowook knew that he would have to swallow his own words soon enough but he was determined to perform no matter what. It was for the fans and it was for the members. He didn't want them to worry about him by staying behind. Plus, he wanted to stand on every Super Show stage with them. It was one of his most favorite things to do. It was special to him.

Ryeowook walked slowly across the basement parking lot towards the awaiting vans. He tried to walk faster but found it difficult. His head felt dizzy, his eyes were heavy and his body was in so much pain. It was still burning up even though he had gobbled down his meds. It was still too cold for him so he wore three layers of clothing and a jacket. On his face, he wore a mask to protect himself from outside germs but it was more of to protect s from catching his sickness. One member sick was enough during their busy times. As his head throb for thr gazillion times that morning, for a second, he almost regret his earlier decision to perform. But he quickly shrugged the thoughts off as he thought of s and the fans.

 

'Good morning slowpo. You're late.' Kangin greeted Ryeowook with a smile as the latter stepped into the van.

'I'm sorry for being late.'

Ryeowook apologised as he took his place next to Kyuhyun at back of the van. Due to having many members, they require two vans to move around and inside this particular van was Kangin, Kyuhyun, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Sungmin and him.

'Nah, it was our intentions to let you sleep in longer.' Kangin uttered as he place his hand on Ryeowook's forehead.

'Hm, teukie hyung was right you're burning up Ryeowook ah.'

'It's been three days, you need to go have a check up the hospital.' Eunhyuk said. He was sitting next to Kangin in the second row. 'It's not good to make your hyungs worry you know.'

'Are you sure you're gonna be okay performing with us on stage?' This time, it was Donghae who spoke. His head was turned sideways to look at the younger man.

'Did you take your medication already?' Sungmin asked from beside him. His eyes were worried.

Ryeowook smiled at their genuine care and felt his heart fluttered. It was always nice to have people that cares for you around.

'I did. I won't force myself too much I promise.' Ryeowook responded.

'Good. Please remember that okay.' Sungmin patted Ryeowook's head gently. Ryeowook merely nodded.

 

--------------------------

 

'Are you still mad at me?' Ryeowook frowned as he asked the person sitting next to him on the left side. He found his fingers fidgeting and playing with edge of his jacket.

 

They were still on their way to the concert arena and Ryeowook was beginning to feel worried because that said person, Kyuhyun, still hasn't said a word to him since he got on the van. The thing was, they had a fight two week ago. A huge fight. And Ryeowook's heart had been uneased since then.

To be honest, both of them fought the least in Super Junior. Being in a large group with many members you can't avoid conflicts all the time but Kyuhyun and Ryeowook have always had a good relationship with one another. They understood each other and the boundaries they shouldn't cross. You could say that they were very compatible with each other and are comfortable having the other around. They were the maknaes so they stick around each other a lot after all. But this time, the fight and misunderstanding between them was so bad that they basically ignored each other completely. There were things they should not have done and said. The fight reminded Ryeowook of the fight they had years ago prior to Kyuhyun's accident and it worried him constantly. But he was too sick to bother about making up and let it passed away for so long. He decided that it was time that they made up.

Kyuhyun said nothing but he didn't ignore Ryeowook's presence completely either. He took the decency to look at the smaller man even though he chose not to reply to his question.

 

'I guess you are.' Ryeowook said noting Kyuhyun's choice of silence. 'You didn't even come back to the hotel room yesterday.' This was common thing. They always room together whenever they're on tours overseas.

 

Ryeowook was actually disappointed that Kyuhyun didn't make the effort to sort things out with him. Kyuhyun was always the mature one and he hate fights between members the most. He would always be the one that help resorts a fight between them other than Leeteuk and Siwon so Ryeowook expected more from him. They were supposed to be best friends anyways. However, a part of him understood that Kyuhyun was probably hurt and angry at him so much just the same as how he was hurt and angry at Kyuhyun. Ryeowook sighed deeply.

 

'Ryeowook-'

 

Kyuhyun finally blurted out after a long moment of silence between them but he was quickly interrupted by the manager hyung.

'Alright kids we're here! Get your stuff quick and lets go. It's a big day today.'

 

'We'll talk later.' Kyuhyun said as they step out from the van.

 

-----------------------

 

Ryeowook was breathing heavily and he was slightly shaking. Even though he tried his best to avoid it, he had to stepped down to the backstage a couple of times because he felt his stomach churning and he wanted to vomit. His body just could not handle the amount of pressure he was put into. His face was white as a ghost and his head was throbbing. He found himself losing focus here and there because he felt so sick he can't focus on anything else that much. It caused him to missed a few of his lines and dance steps. He cursed silently, disappointed at himself for missing his lines. What's worse, the members kept giving him worried glances and he had to reassured them over and over again that he wasn't going to quit any time soon. And that he was gonna keep on going till the end. Ryeowook really dislike making s worry so seeing them worried made him even more upset with himself.

Damn it.

 

-------------------

 

They were dancing to Bonanama when it happened. At first, Ryeowook found himself unable to focus through the song due to his throbbing head. So instead of dancing vigorously, he slowed down a bit and didn't exaggerate his movements. It was to make his head less throbbing by putting in less pressure to his body. Surprisingly it worked and he was able to reach his notes well.

However, he then saw how hard s were dancing and putting on a fantastic show. He got upset. In fact, when he thought about it, they've been working hard all day and putting their efforts at their maximum. While he had been losing focus and gave a half-hearted performance. He remembered how even when the members were sick, they never gave up and made it as if they were not sick at all. Why can't he do the same? Instead, he made the members worried and let him have his ways around the concert. He was so disappointed with himself.

And so Ryeowook started dancing vigorously as if everything was fine with his body. Every movements he made were on point and every notes he hit he made sure was perfect. He was starting to sweat and shake but he ignored them completely.

Suddenly, he felt a heavy pang inside his head and his vision started to become blurry. Due to the sudden hit, he accidentally slipped and fell down to the stage floor with a thud.

 


'Ryeowook are you okay?' Shindong who was next to him during thr fall, immediately helped the younger man up.

'I'm okay. I accidentally slip and fell.' Ryeowook felt dizzy and he was sure that his ankle got twisted when he fell. The music was still on and the members were still performing but every now and then they would glanced back because they had seen and heard when Ryeowook fell down. They wanted to stop but knew better that it was just a fall and the that show must go on. 'My head's killing me.'

'You look horrible.' Shindong noted the pale complexion on his dongsaeng's face and how his body was shaking and he was not pleased at the sight. It was probably due to him being so sick. Ryeowook needed rest badly and he had been pushing himself too hard. It was time that Ryeowook step down from performing.

'Come on, lets get you backstage. I think that's enough.' Shindong helped the younger man walked towards the edge of the stage. Ryeowook surprisingly, did not argue like he would always do because he knew that something was wrong with his ankle and he needed some to get it check. Plus, he felt like he can faint anytime soon so it was best if it happens backstage away from the public views. 'We need to get you rested.'

 

'You're pushing yourself too hard.' Shindong sighed as he watched Ryeowook laid down on the couch inside their make-up room.

'I don't want to disappoint the fans.' Ryeowook replied weakly. His body was at it's limit and this time, he knew he couldn't go back on stage like before. The thought got him upset again.

'Stop being ridiculous they would understand that you're sick.' Shindong crossed his arms together as he said this.
'I can't stay long I need to get back on stage. Please make sure you get yourself some rest. Just sleep okay?'

 

Ryeowook was too upset to respond so he just nodded.

 

'Don't be too hard on yourself you did great today. They fans and everybody else will understand. They won't get mad at you so stop worrying.' Shindong tried to assure the younger man. 'You can't help that you're sick.'

'Just give out my apologies to them okay hyung?' Ryeowook finally said. He felt terrible for having to step down in the middle of the concert permanently.

'I will.' Shindong smiled. 'Okay I gotta go now. Take care please seriously Ryeowook ah.'

Once Shindong left Ryeowook sighed heavily. He was so disappointed at himself that he felt his eyes getting wet.

 

------------------

 

'How is he?' Leeteuk asked Shindong when the latter got back on the stage. Leeteuk's question got the attention of the other members as they turned to his way.

'He can't go back on stage.' Shindong replied. Leeteuk nodded knowingly.

'That bad huh?' Donghae frowned.

'He pushed himself too hard when clearly his body couldn't handle all the pressure so he came to his limits quickly.' Shindong told them.

'Well that's Ryeowook for you. He doesn't take care of himself as well as he take care of other people.' Sungmin uttered from behind Donghae. He was wiping off the sweats formed on his forehead. They all nodded at this knowing Ryeowook fully well.

'Thank goodness he didn't faint on stage.' Donghae blurted out. 'Did he hurt himself when he fell thou?'

'He was limping when I was helping him before but he said it was just the pain.'

'That's good then.'

'He'll be fine. Come on we still gotta finish our stage.' Leeteuk told them.

'The fans are waiting.'

 

-------------------

 

'So our next stop would be China.' Leeteuk uttered to the other members. They were inside their practice room and were discussing about the Super Show. They had just finished their two days concert in Tokyo Dome three days ago and they would soon go to China for the next ledge. It was busy times but they enjoyed every moment of it.

'Yeap. I can't wait.' Eunhyuk grinned leaning back against the wall.
'Super Shows always give me so much hype!'

'You must be excited too aren't you Wookie?' Leeteuk asked the younger man who was sitting next to Donghae. 'You missed the second day concert in Tokyo Dome after all.'

 

After falling on stage and getting his condition worse, Ryeowook was not allowed to go on stage by s. He was put to rest and was made sure that he was taking some good sleep. Because of this, Ryeowook felt the urge to stand on stage again, fully healthy. He wanted to redeem himself from his disappointments.

 

'I am.' Ryeowook smiled and nodded.

'Well we were sure worried when you had that fever for four days straight it wasn't like you at all.' Siwon said.

'I thought you've infected yourself with some horrible virus like how Eunhyuk got that H1N1 flu years ago.' Donghae blurted out. 'Well that happens when you wander around in foreign countries to play.' They all laughed at this.

'Hey it's not funny!' Eunhyuk pouted crossing his arms. 'And I wasn't wondering around I was just being a good tourist! I was really in so much pain you know!'

'Aww our poor baby! Do you need a hug and a kiss from me to fell better?' Heechul teased. He was laughing out loud.

'Shut up Heechul hyung I'm not a baby!' Eunhyuk pouted even more, annoyed at being made fun at.

'By the way.' Heechul totally ignored Eunhyuk and said this.

'Why aren't you two talking still?' He looked at both Kyuhyun abd Ryeowook who were sitting far away from each other.

Ryeowook was taken off guard at Heechul's sudden question but said nothing in reply. He turned his head and looked at Kyuhyun.

'It's none of your business.' Kyuhyun answered.

'Yah I was just being a good hyung.' Heechul defended himself after seeing the look on Kyuhyun's face.

 

Ryeowook stared at Kyuhyun. The fight between them had been going on for almost two weeks now. Kyuhyun said that he wanted to talk once they had finished their Tokyo Dome concert and so Ryeowook had waited, but the latter never came and talk to him so the cold war between them continued and got worse with him becoming even more mad at Kyuhyun. He felt his cheeks burned.

 

'Yah. You two should work things out. You're friends.' Kangin told them both shaking his head slightly.

'Well maybe if Kyuhyun's ego weren't so big we can work things out.' Ryeowook didn't mean to spat like that but he was just so angry and hurt at Kyuhyun.

'What the Ryeowook so you're gonna act like that now and be childish?' Kyuhyun was immediately offended by the latter's words. 'That's typical of you I'm not surprise.'

'What the heck is your problem? You're the one who acts childish all the ing time!' Ryeowook stood up on his feet and cried out. He didn't feel bad about lashing out now.

'We're not doing this right now.' Kyuhyun sighed, looking at the other members.

'So when are we going to do it?' Ryeowook remained firm and refused to back down.

'You know what you did.' Kyuhyun spat, feeling his anger fueling. 'So don't make this as if it's my fault.'

'I'm not. I just wished you weren't so full of ego sometimes.'

'Yah stop it you two that's enough!' Leeteuk stood up and said, looking at them both simultaneously. 'You're gonna end up saying things you would regret later on if you don't stop this instance.'

'Whatever.' Kyuhyun mumbled and walked towards the door. 'If anybody need me I'll be in the recording room.' He then left the practice room and a speechless Ryeowook behind.

'Damn it, that Cho Kyuhyun.' Ryeowook sighed and ruffled his hair. He then grabbed his water bottle and walked towards the door. 'I need some air.'

 

Leeteuk heaved out a long sigh and sat down, leaning against the wall. He shook his head at the scene that had just occured.

 

'What on earth happen between those two?' Siwon asked. He was bedazzled at seeing the two maknaes fight. It was a rare sight after all. 'I didn't even know they were fighting.'

'Well you haven't been around the dorm much because of your drama shooting so that's why you didn't know.' Eunhyuk answered.

'You didn't noticed how they completely ignored each other on stage in Tokyo Dome thou?' Yesung asked Siwon.

'I..didn't...' Siwon replied regrettably. He knew he hadn't been paying attention to the members lately. He had been so busy.

'Anyways, what happened with those two??' Yesung asked to the other members this time. 'I know that they were fighting but I didn't know what it was about.'

'I'm not too sure.' Sungmin said. 'But I think it was more of a misunderstanding gone bad with those two. Something about what Ryeowook had said and did and Kyuhyun got mad. Like, seriously mad and they have been ignoring each other ever since.'

'It must be something big since they rarely fight like I don't even remember the last time they fought.' Donghae blurted out. 'I wonder what Ryeowook did.'

'Aish those two at giving me headaches.' Leeteuk rubbed his forehead. 'It was worse enough that I found them yelling at each others' throats two week ago and now this. Well, at least it's not as bad as Heechul and my fight.'

'Yeah I remember how horrible that one was.' Shindong honestly admitted. 'It's not just us who got scared but the hoobae groups that saw it got a fright as well.'

Both Heechul and Leeteuk just chuckled at this, feeling embarrassed at how silly they acted.

'Well I'm sure they'll work it out soon it's Kyuhyun and Ryeowook we're talking about after all.' Sungmin said.

'Yeah thou I hate to admit it, sometimes those two act way mature than the rest of us.' Eunhyuk agreed. 'Especially the older hyungs.' He continued with a playful smirk.

 

'YAH!'

 

--------------------

The first chapter. Do drop some comments :)