EunToria

I Thought of You

 

"No one will grant your wishes, so you better make them happen." 
 
1st letter: Is it raining over where you are? It’s raining over here and I’m listening to the raindrops pound against the window. I can’t seem to sleep tonight. Are you awake as well? If it’s raining over where you are, are you listening to the raindrops as well?  
 
2nd letter: It’s your birthday. Celebrating it for you alone is lonely, but I bet you’re having a blast. Your fans must have sent you millions of gifts, huh? I wonder if you received mine and if you know it’s from me. Happy Birthday. 
 
3rd letter: Mom and dad moved, I’m on my own. Tell me, when am I going to see you again? I need someone to treat me to a meal. Will you keep me company again? 
 
4th letter: Flowers are blooming and the birds are in full flight. I went for a jog this morning and came across a classmate. She asked about you, but I couldn’t tell her anything. I changed my number again this month, have you changed yours too? 
 
5th letter: I’m thinking about the time when we used to go out for late night meals in high school. Remember when you freaked out about the blood seeping through my pants? I can’t stop laughing about that memory. I owe it to you for buying me a change of clothes and for buying me the first pad I ever used. I wonder if the store owner still remembers you and if he’s thinking, “This star bought a pack of pads from my store.” 
 
Folding up the piece of paper she stuck it into a box and pushed it underneath the couch. 
 
Almost 3 and a half years. It’s been a while since Eunhyuk had started his career and shot off to stardom. She wondered if Eunhyuk had tried to get to her through Donghae. After the last rejection, she’d promised to keep in touch with Donghae but when he moved because of his job she’d lost connection with him then. And after she moved from her home, she’d lost contact with everyone else except for Seohyun. 
 
It had been a lonely 3 years. Even when she’d been approached by men, she couldn’t bring herself to get to know them. She found herself wanting to wait for Eunhyuk. She wanted him to critique them for her. Victoria was still waiting to find out about the identity of the girl he’d liked back then. 
 
~.~.~.~.~
 
“I heard that you were accepted right on the spot at your audition.” 
 
“Yes, a friend, a very good friend of mine signed me up for the audition without letting me know and that’s how I got accepted.” he smiled broadly at the reporter. 
 
“It sounds like that person must know you well.” 
 
“My best friend, she’s my best friend.” 
 
After the interview ended, he walked out of the studio and into the hallway where his manager handed him a laced envelope.  
 
“What’s this?” Eunhyuk questioned. 
 
“Wedding invitation.” 
 
“Really? Is it yours?” 
 
“One of your friends.” 
 
Eunhyuk glanced at his manager and felt himself tense up. Victoria? Was Victoria getting married? It couldn’t be…
 
He opened the envelope and pulled out the card swallowing his nervousness. A sigh of relief left him when he saw a picture of Seohyun and Kyuhyun. 
 
“My friends,” Eunhyuk held the card up with a smile, “are getting married.” 
 
On the ride back to the company, Eunhyuk couldn’t help but allow himself to smile cheekily. Victoria, how would she look like now? Would she be even more beautiful? How was she doing? Where was she working? 
 
He’d tried getting in touch with her, but he’d received news that Victoria had moved and her phone number had changed. The only person he still kept in contact with was Donghae and even he wasn’t in contact with Victoria anymore. 
 
It was disappointing, but he knew for sure she’d be there at the wedding. 
 
~.~.~.~.~
 
“And you know what this means?” Seohyun asked over her cup of tea. “Eunhyuk will be back.” 
 
Victoria’s smiled decreased in size. 
 
“Of course he’ll be back.” she agreed. 
 
Her insides were boiling from happiness. 
 
Victoria was running late and it was all because of the bottle of beer she’d had the night before. She didn’t want to upset Seohyun by being late for rehearsal and yet she still hadn’t collected her bridesmaid dress from the store. If Eunhyuk were there, he’d surely scold her. 
 
Her phone started ringing on her way out. 
 
“Oh my god, Seohyun, I’m so sorry,” she started off breathlessly as she raced to her car. 
 
“Victoria, Donghae’s coming into town by train, can you go pick him up?” Seohyun questioned. 
 
“Who? Donghae?” 
 
“After you pick him up, please arrive at the venue together.” 
 
“Oh…ok…” Victoria frowned confused before hanging up. 
 
Getting into her car she drove off to the train station and headed toward the crowd of people. The train from Kwangju was arriving in a minute and she still hadn’t found the platform. Staring up at the signs she abruptly halted just in time as the train came flying by. 
 
She thought Donghae was already in town, it was surprising to hear that he was coming in from Kwangju. The announcer’s voice came on overhead and Victoria turned when the train came to a complete stop. After a minute, the door finally opened and people filed out one after another along the side. Victoria found herself frozen in spot, however. 
 
The world was spinning around her, playing a joke that she hoped was real. 
 
“Hey, you,” Eunhyuk greeted. 
 
An unsure smile made its way onto her face. Some girls behind her started shrieking, but Victoria could have cared less. 
 
Eunhyuk was back. 
 
The crowd poured over him at the rehearsal and as much as Victoria wanted to catch up with him, she wanted to do it when the two of them were alone. 
 
“I saw you in the gossip magazine,” Victoria started after she returned to her apartment from the mart. “You’re quite an item there.” 
 
“I am, aren’t I?” he boasted. 
 
She snorted at him and handed him a soda can. 
 
“Where do you work now?” he asked. 
 
“Law firm, because I’m that good.” she bragged. 
 
“You make big bucks?” 
 
“Who do you think I am?” she asked sitting on the opposite side of the coffee table from him.
 
“Song Qian,” he replied. 
 
She glanced at him and they smiled. 
 
“I tried contacting you, but no one knew where you were.”
 
“Oh yea?”
 
“I was lonely without you,” Eunhyuk began, “there wasn’t a day I didn’t think of you.” 
 
“Tsh,” Victoria snorted again. 
 
“I’m happy, really happy,” Eunhyuk told. 
 
“Oh yea?” she said again. 
 
He nodded. 
 
They were momentarily quiet. They’d talked some on the way to her place and on the way to Seohyun and Kyuhyun’s wedding reception rehearsal. But they hadn’t touched any personal subjects and it felt as if the other were hesitant to talk about anything. 
 
“I promised to tell you about the girl I like,” Eunhyuk went on. “Remember, you asked about her?” 
 
Victoria felt her nerves stiffen. 
 
“Do you still want to know?” he asked. 
 
Victoria pressed her lips together to repress her anxiety. 
 
“But, I’ve decided to tell you no matter what anyway.” 
 
“You don’t have to.” Victoria jumped in. “I mean…it’s been such a long time.”
 
“But a promise is still a promise.” 
 
She felt nervous. What was she expecting? Was she afraid to be disappointed when she heard the answer? 
 
“Don’t worry about it,” she shook her hands leaning back against the couch and when she moved her hand back it hit something hard. 
 
Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow and Victoria looked down to see a box sticking out from underneath the couch. 
 
“What’s that?” he asked leaning over the table to get a better look. 
 
Alarmed, Victoria tried to push the box back, but Eunhyuk had already jumped over the table. Afraid that he would snatch it, she grabbed it first but still found him getting a hold of it shortly after. 
 
“What is it? Let me look,” he told. 
 
“No! It’s nothing!” she half shouted. 
 
“Then why won’t you let me look at it!” 
 
“Because it’s not important!” 
 
“Give it!” 
 
“NO!” 
 
They wrestled the box pulling it back and forth before Victoria’s hand slipped and she dropped back against the couch with Eunhyuk falling forward. She turned her face away, her heart racing when she took in his scent. Eunhyuk cleared his throat and moved back still holding onto the box. 
 
“I’m going to look at it,” he told opening the lid to find that the box was full of papers. 
 
He looked up at her with a raised eyebrow before picking a letter up silently reading it. Victoria could feel her face turn red and the room suddenly became very hot. 
 
Eunhyuk chuckled and looked back at her, “Were you intending to give these to me?”
 
She didn’t reply. 
 
“You’re so cute,” he teased. 
 
She watched as he put the letter down and skimmed through the one underneath it. A smile stuck on his face the whole time. 
 
What was he thinking? 
 
“You really haven’t matured,” he commented before looking at her again, “but you’ve gotten more beautiful.” 
 
Time just stopped and Victoria wasn’t sure if she could take it anymore. 
 
“The girl I like, I’m sure you know her very well. You’ve known her all along.” 
 
She did? Really? Victoria dug into her memory, but came up with nothing, no one. 
 
“You.” 
 
Her mind went blank. What? 
 
“I like you. For a long time now, I’ve liked you,” he confessed, “my manager and coworkers know all about you. You’re famous, Song Qian.” 
 
He said what? Victoria wasn’t sure if she was hearing right. 
 
“Yah, are you listening?” he asked. “It took me centuries to prepare these words! Yah! You better say something right now!” 
 
She still stared back dumbfounded. 
 
“Tsh…” he muttered before moving over and putting both hands on both sides of her face. “Are you awake?” 
 
She slowly reached her hand up and placed them on top of his. 
 
“I, too, I’ve liked you…”
 
She silenced when he edged forward hesitantly before kissing her. 

***Honestly, I was planning to leave it as an open-ended ending where they met again at the train station, but then I think some of you would have requested for another ending, so I decided to extend it a bit longer as to let it sound more natural. 

***Cliche ending, but it's good nonetheless, right? ;D

***Thanks guys for stopping by and checking this story out! I hope you enjoyed it! Now I must return to YSRMII and we'll see if I can complete it before Feb next year as I might be going off to Japan :D