What She Means to Him, What He is To Her

I Thought of You

 

"While you're busy looking for the perfect person, you'll probably miss the imperfect person who could make you perfectly happy." 
 
“Argh…I hate class.” 
 
“^^ it won’t be long till you’re out.” 
 
“Where are you? Where’s all that noise coming from?” 
 
“What noise? Omygaw! You can now hear noise through text?!” 
 
“xD”
 
“Lunch? I’ll wait for you at the usual.” 
 
“I’m out in 5.” 
 
Victoria rushed out of the classroom and down the hallway. Squeezing her way through the crowd of students and down the stairs she rushed toward the library and found Eunhyuk waiting for her by the front doors. 
 
“You’re slow.” he commented. 
 
“Not slow, you’re early,” she chided. “Where do you want to eat? Because as great as I am, I’ll treat you today!” 
 
“Oh really? Someone’s being awkwardly nice today.” 
 
“I’ve always been nice.” Victoria patted his shoulder. “Come on.” 
 
“Where’s my sweater from the other night?” Eunhyuk questioned. “You’ve washed it well after getting your snot all over it, right?” 
 
Victoria pushed him. 
 
She was glad that Eunhyuk hadn’t asked why she and Ji Ho had broken up a few weeks ago. Not only had he cheated on her, but she disliked the fact that Ji Ho didn’t respect Eunhyuk. Victoria turned to watch Eunhyuk blabber on about how great his grades were and couldn’t help but feel that she was fortunate to have someone like him as a friend. What would she do without him? 
 
“Eunhyuk, why haven’t you dated since so long?” Victoria asked over lunch. “Are you still hurt over Hyo Jin?” 
 
Eunhyuk glanced at her before focusing on his steak, “I want to find that someone and just get married. I’m tired of dating.” 
 
“Liar,” Victoria accused, “what about that new freshie? Everyone’s been talking about her.” 
 
“I don’t want to date someone everyone as their eye on.” 
 
“Poor sport,” Victoria pointed her finger. “If you don’t put yourself out there, how are you going to get married?” 
 
He shrugged, “Well, that’ll be my business then, won’t it?” 
 
Victoria swirled her spaghetti up her fork playfully. 
 
“Hey,” Eunhyuk called out, “what about that date with Donghae?”
 
Eunhyuk had been pestering her about it for a few weeks now. He must be really worried that she wasn’t getting over Ji Ho well enough. She wanted to snort at his question, but didn’t since he was only being sincere about it. 
 
“If I don’t accompany you to the volunteer site tonight, you’re going to be bored,” Victoria excused. 
 
“I’ll be fine, Cho Kyuhyun is going as well,” Eunhyuk added. “So, 7 tonight, you got that?” 
 
Victoria made a disgusted face. 
 
“You’re probably going to have him report everything to you, anyway,” she said. “Whatever, fine.” 
 
Eunhyuk smiled, “Good girl.” 
 
She glanced at him once and sighed quietly. Once back home she found herself searching through her closet for something nice. Giving up after a few minutes she sat down on her bed and glanced at the many outfits she’d tossed aside. 
 
“By fine, I mean you’re pretty,” he started, “you’re beautiful the way you are, Song Qian.”
 
Victoria felt herself smile. Not once had Eunhyuk said those words to her before. 
 
“Eunhyuk’s right,” Victoria told herself, “you’re fine the way you are.” 
 
Standing up she stared at herself in the mirror and smiled. 
 
What would she do without Eunhyuk? 
 
~.~.~.~.~
 
“Where’s Victoria?” Kyuhyun questioned once they got onto the bus. 
 
“On a date.” Eunhyuk said as he sat down. 
 
Kyuhyun sat down beside him. 
 
“Date? With who?” 
 
“Donghae.” 
 
Kyuhyun laughed loudly and slapped his thigh. 
 
“How’d you manage that?” 
 
“I didn’t, really.” Eunhyuk denied. “He asked himself.” 
 
“So, Oh Ji ho is gone, huh?” 
 
Eunhyuk nodded. 
 
“I didn’t like the guy either,” Kyuhyun added. 
 
They were quiet and Eunhyuk spaced out for a moment as the chatter inside the bus became gradually louder. 
 
“Eunhyuk,” Kyuhyun cooed poking him from the side. 
 
Turning toward him surprised, Eunyuk asked, “What?” 
 
“Seohyun told me the other day that you don’t need to be overly worried about Victoria and the breakup,” Kyuhyun started, “you know what that means, don’t you?” 
 
Eunhyuk glanced out the window through the corner of his eyes and back to Kyuhyun, “No.” 
 
Kyuhyun snorted before ruffling Eunhyuk’s hair, “The reason why Victoria broke up with Oh Ji Ho was because he cheated on her.”
 
“What?” 
 
“And, she didn’t like how he didn’t respect you,” Kyuhyun continued. 
 
“Wait, wait, wait, stop,” Eunhyuk called. “Victoria broke up with Oh Ji Ho?” 
 
Kyuhyun slowly nodded. 
 
“Was I not supposed to say anything?” he asked. “Oh man! Why do you guys never tell me anything! This is why Seohyun always yells at me for opening my big mouth!” 
 
“Victoria, she broke up with Oh Ji Ho? It wasn’t the other way around?” 
 
Kyuhyun nodded. 
 
“But I thought she would’ve told you…” 
 
“So…what else do you know?” Eunhyuk asked. 
 
Kyuhyun remained guiltily silent for a minute before explaining, “She caught him in the act and she went through his phone. Plus, she had an argument with him while shopping for your birthday present. You really didn’t know?” 
 
Eunhyuk shook his head. 
 
~.~.~.~.~
 
Donghae was waiting for her inside when she arrived at the restaurant. 
 
“Hey,” she greeted.
 
He smiled and they ordered quickly. Victoria gazed around the restaurant and turned back to him. 
 
“It feels kind of weird,” she smiled. 
 
“You surprisingly do talk a lot,” Donghae commented.  
 
Victoria grinned. 
 
“Well, we’ve known each other since middle school,” Victoria nodded, “it shouldn’t be surprising.” 
 
“But compared to then, you’re really quite talkative,” Donghae added, “we thought you were really special back then.” 
 
“We?” Victoria repeated. 
 
Donghae nodded, “Eunhyuk, me, we.” 
 
“Eunhyuk? What do you mean?” 
 
“Anyway, I feel that you and Eunhyuk get along really well. Makes me feel envious some times.” 
 
Victoria stared at him. What he’d said earlier hadn’t left her mind yet. 
 
“Did Eunhyuk talk about me back then?” Victoria prodded on. 
 
He hesitantly nodded. “He once told me while drunk that you’re a really important person to him.”
 
Victoria felt stunned. Eunhyuk had spoken about her before? Was it before they met? 
 
“You know, I think you two should just hook up, then the rest of us could stop looking.” 
 
She laughed at his joke, “What are you talking about? Eunhyuk doesn’t see me that way.” 
 
“Don’t you see him that way?” 
 
The smile on her face dissolved slowly. She didn’t know. 
 
“Did Eunhyuk set this date up?” Victoria asked. 
 
“I did,” Donghae replied before her phone started ringing. 
 
Victoria glanced at him before searching her bag for her phone. 
 
“It’s me, Kyuhyun,” the shaky voice answered from the other line, “our volunteer bus got into an accident. A few of us have been admitted into the ER. Eunhyuk, he got hurt because he was sitting by the window…” 
 
Minutes later, Victoria found herself dashing through the hallway like a maniac. She found Seohyun and Kyuhyun standing outside a small room. 
 
“What happened? Where’s Eunhyuk?” Victoria gasped breathlessly once she reached them. 
 
“Victoria,” Kyuhyun turned around. 
 
The large bandage across his forehead scared her. 
 
“He’s got a broken arm and is sleeping off the anesthesia, but all is well,” Seohyun replied. “Kyuhyun exaggerated the story.” 
 
Victoria turned to Kyuhyun with a glare and restrained herself from hitting him. 
 
“You can go see him,” Seohyun smiled. “We’ll be going now.” 
 
Still, before walking into the room, Victoria felt herself tense up. Gulping down the lump in she opened the door and slowly stepped into the dim room. Eunhyuk was sleeping peacefully with a cast locked around his arm. 
 
She let out a sigh of relief and walked over. Sitting down beside him she stared at him for a little bit. Well, his features weren’t all too bad. A little handsome, she supposed. 
 
“Ah…how boring,” she whined. 
 
Fishing her phone out she opened up some games and started playing them to keep him company. After a moment she turned back to look at Eunhyuk and silenced the volume so as to let him have a better sleep. 
 
~.~.~.~.~
 
Eunhyuk awoke with a sore body and almost had a fright when he felt something by his side. Sitting up he stared down at Victoria before realizing that the room was all too dark now. Had Victoria slept there? 
 
Getting up from the bed he headed toward the window and glanced out into the dark parking lot that was now empty. So Victoria had decided to stay the night or had she fallen asleep while waiting for him to wake? 
 
Turning around he glanced at her before walking toward the bathroom. Switching the light on he almost blinded himself. After a moment of gathering himself, he glanced into the mirror to find a few cuts on his face from the broken window glass and reached a hand to touch them, before he realized his left arm was immobilized and in a cast. 
 
He snorted amazed and headed back out. Turning the light off he slowly walked over to Victoria who seemed to be sleeping uncomfortably. Did her back hurt? Was her neck sore? 
 
Placing both arms onto the bed he leaned down to glanced at her sleeping face. 
 
Had she hurt herself when making the decision to break up with Ji Ho? She’d liked him so much that Eunhyuk had honestly disliked it. And the reason he hadn’t seen anyone after Hyo Jin was because no one had made him feel as great as Victoria had been able to. He’d realized that after much difficulty. There had been no reason to look for any perfect woman, when his friend was the best of them all. 
 
Slightly leaning forward, he could feel his lips lightly brush against her hair. He wanted to whisper to her the words he couldn’t think of. Staring at Victoria he could feel his heart quicken. He’d never been so near her. 
 
Terrified of what he was going to do, he stepped back, and walked over to the window.