four.

i'm broken in my faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Notebook plays in the background at four forty-five in the morning, when one of the girls in room 811 start to cry. The others are pretending not to.

"OH MY GOD, EUNHA IS CRYING!" Yuju proclaims and furiously dabs at the droplets on her cheeks(what? she was sweating).

"Yasssssssss," Sowon cheers, and sniffles.

" all of you lizards," Eunha grumbles and waggles an accusing finger at Yerin. ", I see tears in your eyes. You lost too."

Yerin tosses her hair over her shoulder. "Those are tears of laughter, you . Stop dodging your punishment and get us all milk tea."

 

Eunha murmurs sinisterly as she trudges out of the room and towards the 24-hour minimart. She can't believe she was the first to cry; she swears they teared up.

 

She swears to get back at Yuju one way or another. Maybe she'll trip her in front Mingyu. Maybe then Mingyu would get the message that Yuju's fallen pretty hard for him, but then again, so has half of the whole female population in Seoul National University.

Yerin is a little that has to step up her game too. Eunha's in the midst of carrying back the plastic cups of drinks and plotting a matchmaking session between her and Jeonghan, when she sees something from the end of the corridor that causes her to drop everything at once - the ideas, the drinks, and her jaw.

 

Is this real?

 

College God of , Joshua Hong, sits outside of Committed Christian 101 Seo Jisoo's dorm room laughing aimlessly.

 

Jisoo struggles with the lock outside the dorm and tells Joshua something that sounds like, "We can't be too loud, please at least try" and Eunha cannot believe what she's seeing.

Seo Jisoo is initiating with Joshua Hong, who just dissed her in the cafeteria this afternoon, and they're willing??? And Joshua's going along with this inexperienced little "godly" girl?

The milk tea spills from one of the cracked-open cups on the floor, and Yuju belatedly realises it only after she sees Joshua back hugging her as they go into the room and slam the door shut.

 

What the actual , Eunha sort of seethes as she tries to clean up the mess with limited tissue paper. She doesn't know if she's irritated because she's always wanted to have a one night stand with Joshua(god, even his english name is hot) or that she has to go thru this at 5am but she eventually gives up, running to her own dorm room to spill the actual tea.

 

"GUYS."

"Why are you panting? And why is my milk tea gone?" Yuju accuses, "Did you drink it yourself?"

"Shut up, I don't have time for this. You won't believe what I just saw."

 

 

________________ 

 

It’s like his heart wants to explode out of his chest as he stares ahead and stops drawing on the bus’s window panes. "When I look at you it's like you're everything I used to be," He heaves. He doesn’t know why he’s saying it, and he’d always wanted to avoid the topic like the plague, but not tonight. Somehow he’s brave enough to get it off his chest.

The girl beside him goes silent, her eyes looking down only to search his face a minute after he’s said the words.

Jisoo’s facial expressions don’t betray anything, but even in his failing eyesight and hazed mind, he feels it. It’s the profound feeling that somebody else understands how ty things turned out, and it’s not negative, per se.

 

Darkness overwhelms Joshua’s vision, and he sort of stirs again later on. This time, he’s on the street… and on someone. The wind is chilly against his damp clothes, and, ugh, there’s hair in his mouth. He’s not sure who it is, but his eyelids feel heavy, and Joshua tightens his leg grip on the stranger’s sides, falling back into darkness to the steady rhythm of the stranger’s pants and strides.

 

 

 

Joshua wakes up with a migraine that makes him want to headbang against every solid surface while Metallica plays in the background. I’m safe, it was just a dream, Joshua pants as he recalls the vivid snapshots in his brain, an alternate reality where he’d drunk-talked to Seo Jisoo and made her carry his all the way back to the dorms. It’s weird how it all rushes back to him; even the mortifying bits about his accident in the bathroom with a girl called Seolhyun. Usually his dreams would slip through his fingers as he’d try his best to grasp onto the dying embers of virtual reality, but god, every little snippet of the dream was tangible.

 

What a ing nightmare.

 

He tries his best to assist himself up into a sitting position, and there’s that dull ache somewhere in his face that gets sharper and sharper with every breath. Joshua’s vision is blurry, and gradually it tries to focus on anything possible… but there’s something fluorescent right smack in the middle of his face.

 

He claws at it, and the sting that pulses through from the tip of his nose to the opposing ends of his cheek is enough to make him cry. His nose, it hurts so much.

 

Reaching to pry the thing off his face, he touches the bridge of his nose too and feels a layer of gauze over his skin and brings the thing closer in his line of eyesight for inspection.

 

It’s a green post-it. “if u missed the 8am alarm, tbh I would have too if I was in ur sorry state” it says in foreign handwriting.

Joshua is extremely confused. He scrambles up, ignoring the prodding headache and looks to the clock at the wall perpendicular to the beds… wait, I don’t usually have a clock there. It’s 10:45a.m., and there’s a bible verse hanging on the wall right next to it.

Oh boy.

He’s not wearing a shirt, and just as he wonders what kind of ing one night stand he had, there’s another post-it on the bed drawers next to him.

“that doesn’t mean u can sleep tho. sry I booked an appt w/ the nurse to check for collateral damage in ur nose at 11am, was the only spot left”

There’s a creeping feeling that arises from the depths of his abdomen, and when coupled with the fact that his gut is absolute at handling hangovers, everything just makes him feel sick to the stomach.

 

He dashes to the bathroom, and promptly pukes into the toilet bowl. It brings back an awfully fresh vision of him knocking his head and bruising his nose against the edge of the toilet bowl in his dream, and he can’t seem to shake it off as he rinses his mouth in the sink. By now, he knows that this dorm isn’t his, it belongs to two girls, and they’re both not here.

And that he missed theology lecture.

And that his nose is ed up in an eerily similar way from the nightmare he’d dreamt last night. Speaking of last night… where the hell was I last night?

Right. There was a party.

And he remembers glaring at Jisoo, he remembers being triumphant, but he doesn’t remember why he was exactly, when he was whisked away by another girl, and Jisoo had sighed resignedly. And that other girl was…

.

 

Joshua looks himself in the mirror as paranoia seeps in.

Impossible.

This time, a neon yellow post-it sticks to the mirror and Joshua peels it off. In the same handwriting, it reads, “ur t-shirt’s hanging to dry @window. bc it’s gross. u can wear the floorball sch team sweater tho, it’s on the table!”

 

He goes to the table and his mind just rejects everything in the name of coherence. It can’t be.

It’s the same sweater that Seungcheol wears, and on top of the hood, surprise surprise, there’s yet another cluster of post-its.

 

“i mean, at least its uni?” The first one says, and he’d laugh if he wasn’t close to tears now.

“there’s also coffee on the counter?? if u drink it” the second one says and it’s followed by a third.

“and don’t touch jiyeon’s stuff!!!”

 

There’s a stack of tutorials on the table, and Joshua confirms his worst fears as he sees the name on top of the file.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter