Half Year Special pt. 1

Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Warning for language, disregard for the actual timeline and the obvious risk of people being out of character.

--

 

Everybody was passed out in the van on the way to Music Bank. BTS rarely had time to rest in preparation for their comeback that the past month or two was just a blur of dance practice, photoshoots and MV filming. It was the type of busy that if you were to ask them what day it was, they wouldn't be able to tell you. There was no concept of day or night in the training room. Sometimes the boys would surprise themselves when they'd get to step out of the office only to discover that it was either already night time or that the sun was already out again. The pressure on them was overwhelming, especially since their last release was a success much bigger than they'd anticipated, but now they were just way too tired to even feel nervousness anymore.

Feeling someone squirting water on his face, Taehyung woke up with a start and realized that he was left alone in the van in the KBS basement parking area. Through the open door, though, was Jimin with his arms outstretched holding a water gun—the obvious culprit to his rude awakening—with Jungkook behind him, trying to suppress a laugh. "Rise and shine, TaeTae," Jimin cooed before quickly dodging an annoyed Taehyung who lunged forward to grab him by the collar. "Dude, we've been trying to wake you up for five minutes already! Calm down!"

"Yeah, hyung! Desperate times call for desperate measures," the maknae chimed in, quickly backing away with a -eating grin. Jimin chucked the water gun inside the van and started walking towards the entrance. "Hurry up, bro. Everyone else already went to the waiting room."

Taehyung grumpily wiped his face with his sleeve and jumped out of the car as soon as he regained his bearings. He slammed the door shut behind him and walked to the building, his anger gradually dissipating upon realising that, well, . Time flies fast and they're already on their second live performance of Dope. Their Music Bank comeback was a little more meaningful as it was the Half Year Special and he found that he wasn't the least bit anxious. The new BTS single was an instant hit as soon as it was dropped and now he was nothing but stoked to be able to perform it in front of their beloved fans. He opened the waiting room door to see that he wasn't the only one feeling this way. Even though they felt like dead men on their feet on the way to the KBS building, the atmosphere was absolutely electric in the room.

Namjoon and Yoongi were excitedly reviewing the choreography while exaggerating their raps. Jin and Jungkook where already sat getting their hair and makeup done. Taehyung decided to join Jimin and Hoseok who were filming themselves for their fans while making faces, cracking jokes and dancing like idiots.

Jimin cutely waved to the cellphone camera, while J-Hope and Taehyung goofed around in the background. "Hello, our beloved Army! This is Jimin and we are preparing for Music Bank! We're all very excited to see you soon~"

"Woooo! Are you ready for us, everyone?" J-Hope screamed to the camera, flashing a wide smile and a peace sign. "Please show us lots of love!" He took the phone from Jimin and started to run around, filming the behind-the-scenes action. V and Jimin followed him around jumping up and down. 

"Hyung, please focus on me," Taehyung said, asking for Hoseok to film him. He started flailing around with his wide rectangular smile, jumping and exaggeratedly swinging his hips. He was caught in an awkward position, sticking his out towards the phone while making a heart gesture, when the waiting room door slid open and in walked none other than Red Velvet's Irene. He froze.

"Annyeonghaseyo," she said with a bow and then introduced herself formally as the Music Bank host as her eyes scanned the room. Her gaze settled on him and she couldn't stop herself from chuckling. "Ah...sorry, did I come at a bad time?"

At that moment, Taehyung silently wished for the ground to swallow him whole. It completely slipped his mind that Irene was the new Music Bank MC and if he'd only remembered, then he would've made a conscious effort to be careful of his actions. He wanted to see her face to face while showing his cool side. But no, things don't work that way for Kim Taehyung. Feeling like the universe was against him, he suddenly felt the urge to kick something. He stood up straight, trying to act unfazed, and cleared his throat even though he was really panicking inside. He didn't know what to say. His throat had suddenly gone dry.

Suga saved him...well, sort of. "No, Irene-ssi. This is just a regular day for us," he said with an eye smile as Irene's focus shifted to him.  "And you've just observed V in his natural alien state!" V now knew what he wanted to kick. 

"Aigoo, V, can you fix your face?  You might scare Irene-ssi," Namjoon said, making V aware that his face had gone slack and he was looking at the girl with a blank face. Irene's eyes went back to him.

"Ah, Irene-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter