The Daegu Connection

Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Warning for language, disregard for the actual timeline and the obvious risk of people being out of character.

--

 

Kim Taehyung had never been good with keeping up with girl groups. Honestly speaking, it wasn't just him. It was a truth generally acknowledged within their company that the members of BTS don't really care for what their female colleagues do, the extent of their interest being knowing the dances for comedic purposes. 'Boy idols dancing to girl group songs is always variety gold!' is what their manager tells them all the time. They'd been reprimanded in the past for not having any initiative to pay attention. They weren't doing it to look chic, though. If you ever got the chance to make them really speak their minds on the topic, they'd tell you it's because they don't really have much to take away from watching girl groups. They're passionate about their craft, which is why they'd rather pay attention to what the other boy groups are doing and learn. So imagine Taehyung's surprise when Hoseok one day came home, giddily and obnoxiously showing off a signed CD of Red Velvet's Ice Cream Cake release.

"Call me the God of Game," Hoseok screamed, waving the CD around."Because I got game and scored a signed copy!"

"God damn, hyung. Tone it down a bit," Jimin cutely whined, having the misfortune of being the closest to J-Hope while lounging on the couch, getting the brunt of his hyung's loudness. Taehyung was lucky enough to have been sitting in the dining room with Namjoon, Suga and Jin, his headphones on while searching for new music to jam to. "And it's just a girl group. What the hell," Jimin said, rolling his eyes and returning his attention to the game he was playing on his phone. 

Jungkook tsked beside Jimin, obviously not understanding J-Hope's hyperness either. "Yeah. Calm down. Since when have you been into girl groups, anyway? Did manager-hyung tell us to study their dance?"

Hoseok sighed and shook his head. BTS has always been ignorant of girl group activity when not promoting, only being exposed to the trends during variety workshops since they aren't forced to watch in music show waiting rooms and forced to ham it up in front of the camera. "This is Red Velvet, guys. They're not just any girl group. I think they're THE girl group to watch. Besides," he said, taking a seat in between Jungkook and Jimin, "they're different. Really different. Check this out." Whipping his cellphone out and connecting it to the TV, he quickly searched Red Velvet's Ice Cream Cake MV, knowing well enough that s never bothered watching it since its release.

Taehyung took his headphones off as a sign of respect to his hyung. He wasn't entirely interested but a part of him was curious as to why Hoseok had a sudden intense interest in the girl group. He knew Red Velvet had been around for a while. He'd heard that someone from Red Velvet was also from Daegu and was floored to see how beautiful she was up close, even going as far as to scream 'gashinaya' backstage at M Countdown just to see if she'd notice him. V also remembers singing along to their song Happiness during a few award shows earlier in the year. SM Entertainment was known for recruiting very impressive visual idols, but Irene was on an entirely different level that he couldn't help sneak a few glances at her during Seoul Music Awards. Her presence was very distracting to him. Yeah, Irene is a total goddess, he thought. Nothing else happened since then, though.

Ice Cream Cake's intro kicked in and he swears the hairs on his arms stood up. It was a pretty ing creepy way to start a pop song, which caught everyone's attention, and was actually a good contrast to the almost bubblegum nature of the rest of the song. Jin, Jungkook and Jimin couldn't help but bob their heads along to the beat. Namjoon and Suga snickered when they caught on to the innuendo of the lyrics, especially during the chorus, but couldn't deny that even though the song wasn't thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter