Byuntae

Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: As per usual: warning for language, disregard for the actual timeline and the obvious risk of people being out of character. I also apologise for many possible spelling and grammatical errors as I've been so busy, I haven't had the time to go through this.

--

 

"Joohyun-unnie is...a ert."

Taehyung choked on his own spit because, really. How was that for an opening? He inched closer to Joy, literally sitting on the edge of his seat, his curiosity getting the better of him. "Like...she s you when you're asleep or something?"

Joy shook her head vehemently. "No no no. Only when we're awake!" she clarified, as if it made everything better. "She likes butts a lot!" Beside her, Sungjae chuckled. Sometimes the girl could be so clueless as to how wrong the things she says could be. He found it very cute so he gave her hand a little squeeze. She turned her head to him, her eyes inquisitive. He let out another chuckle. She was just so clueless.

Meanwhile, a billion thoughts coursed through Taehyung's head. Irene is a byuntae? Well...I wouldn't mind if she touched my , he thought and then buried his head in his hands once he caught where his line of thought was heading. He felt like a disgusting human being. Seriously. And how come he didn't feel put off by that revelation at all? If anything, he saw the quirk as endearing, which was troubling. He really needed to find a flaw in Irene that was an absolute non-negotiable so he can finally put an end to this ridiculousness. And for that, he needed to dig deeper.

"Well," Taehyung said as he cleared his throat. "That's not nerdy behaviour...?"

"Now that I think about it, unnie is more of a dork than a nerd," Joy thought out loud. "She has this thing where she sniffs food before eating it. And she loves ramyun so much! One time, our old manager was so mean to unnie that she ended up going to the grocery and buying enough ramyun to last us two months! She ate about 4 packs in one sitting and didn't care at all!"

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. Irene loves ramyun? She was really unconsciously inching closer to his heart.

"Also, unnie just randomly laughs out loud sometimes," Joy said quickly, not being able to slow down her word vomit. She seriously found her Joohyun-unnie the cutest unnie ever and it excites her to be able to share some of her quirks and show that her leader was no untouchable ice queen. 

The alien couldn't help but laugh at what he was hearing. Turns out the girl of his dreams was quite an alien as well. "And to think I was beating myself up for embarrassing myself in front of her during Music Bank."

Sungjae snorted. "Who are you kidding, Taetae? You're always embarrassing on live television," he pointed out, earning him a dirty look from his chingu. "What?? You're always so weird in your Bangtan videos, anyway. What's the difference?"

"Well, it would've been nice to act really cool in front of her, you know?"

"Ah, there it is," Sungjae said, laughing at his friend suddenly dropping his pretense of not being too interested in Irene. Taehyung blushed hotly in his seat, realising what he had just admitted.

"Sunbaenim, really, don't worry about it! Unnie is one of the most understanding and unpretentious people I know," Joy butted in. "Besides, she is also very embarrassing. You know she has a scary love relationship with laundry detergent? Sometimes she geeks out when her favourite brands come out with new products. We really don't understand it...but at least she has Taeyeon-unnie for that."

"Woah, hold up. SNSD Taeyeon??" Taehyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter