An Old Mate

The Casanova's Impact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to only feel something wet on my cheeks. I traced a finger on the wet rail. Wait, did I cry last night? What am I asking? Of course I did. I looked all over the place to find myself on my bed, the clothes I had on yesterday were still on. It seems like our family helper placed me on to the bed yesterday, it seems.

I ran my fingers through my hair, tugging on to my locks loosely. A groan escaped my lips when the happenings from last night flashed through my head. Why can't I cry for someone else even if it's just this once? Why can't I stop hurting because of him? Why can't I just forget about that eventful day? Something flashed in the corner of my eyes and I turned my attention to the object to only find it was the bracelet from yesterday.

I mentally face palmed, now burying my face on the palms of my hands. My life is so ing messed up. I came here to have a good time and move on, but how is one supposed to move on when some memories of him just randomly shows up? 

Rolling my eyes as I ignored the feeling, I rose up from the bed and walked towards my closet. My mirrored reflection is what came into my view. My eyes were puffy, god. My whole face is puffy. Not to mention my eyes were also blood shot red. I gave a slap to both of my cheeks so that I'll wake up from this sleepy daze.

I grabbed some sports wear, and dragged it with me to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, and changed into my workout clothes immediately. Before exiting our apartment, I made sure to inform our helper before I headed out to take a morning jog. A morning jog in New York isn't that bad, actually. It's pretty good. It actually has a shining sun and a cool breeze. A perfect day to jog.

I quickened my pace, putting up a beat into my run. As I ran, my eyes wandered around all over the place. There were Americans all over the place, others were jogging, others were taking a walk with their dogs or children, others were just chilling. It's basically just your typical morning. I jogged from street to street. The cool breeze, it's refreshing really.

"Why can't the weather be like this all the time in Korea? Why does it have to be so chilly everytime?" I murmured, my eyes never leaving the scenery that lies before me. "Ah, it would be nice to jog like this with Jimin-hyung as well. Hey, wait, is that Yoongi -- ?"

Yoongi? Wait, Yoongi is here? Yoongi is here in New York City? What the actual hell. Isn't he supposed to be back in Korea managing whatever business do they have? . Abort Mission. Abort Mission. ing Abort this Mission. 

"Jungkook?"

I was ready to turn away, when I heard Yoongi, himself call out ot my name. God, of all the people I just need to run into on my second day here in New York, it has to be him of all the people.

"Walk away as if nothing happened and you know what will happened." He suddenly said aloud. "Be smart with your actions Jeon Jungkook. We wouldn't want anything to happen now do we? We don't want to make such disasters again don't we?"

I sighed in frustration, crossing my arms. "What is it this time?" I questioned, brows furrowed. 

"What's with that tone, Jungkook?" Yoongi shot back. "Ever heard of manners or maybe the word respect?"

"Why?" I mused. "It's not like you, yourself, do those things anyway. Like you have such old people in front of you, right before your eyes, and instead of giving way, you would always cut into them. Don't tell me that's what you call respect."

"Well, I do gotta admit that was out of line," He hummed. "Want to take this conversation to that bench over there?" He gestured to the bench that wa placed under a tree. "Unless you plan on standing in the middle of the streets talking to me that is. That's amazing." Sarcasm dripped.

I decided to keep wuiet and just do what he had suggested. We both sat on the bench, silence enveloping our atmosphere, not until he spoke up and brought up a new conversation.

"I heard what happened between you and Taehyung," He started, his voice softening. Well, this is n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter