Chapter 6: Secrets, New Plan & Being The Bad Guy

One Reason Why I'm Not Saying 'I Do'

Jung _____’s POV

 

Everybody in this world has a secret. Its our own right to make sure this kind of secrets be told or be kept hidden long enough until we’re ready to open it. I guess everyone around me have secrets and I do too. However, my family have a big one and none of this was told to me nor my sister. It all began when I was around eleven years old and L was already my butler at that time and I was playing hide and seek with Eunji and since our house, I mean mansion is just too huge, our hide and seek game would always turned interesting every single time we played that game because we just have no idea where would we hide and where to find each other!

 

Its fun, we loved playing hide and seek a lot and there was one time, when it was Eunji’s turn to be the seeker and I was running out of time as I tried to find a very secret place that Eunji would find it hard to find me and that was when, I entered this room. Our house is divided into three parts. First, its the house itself with the garage and parking lot and secondly, its the garden place in our backyard including our green house there and the last one would be the storage part. If you looked at it, you would think that it was our guest house or our small house but its not. Since we were small, the maids had informed us to not ever enter the storage area because they said its dangerous and there were a lot of sharp and heavy things being put there.

 

But I was totally immersed into the game and before I knew it, I was already inside there. When I realised that it was the place that we weren’t supposed to enter, I was expecting some crazy things like a totally messed up place and very dirty but...it was actually what I would called our treasure room. There were glass boxes everywhere and there were like tons of items that I had no idea what was it being kept neatly in glass cupboards, as if it was a museum to display our things. As I walked across the room and looked at all the objects there one by one, I finally knew how rich we were! Its not like I didn’t know that we came from wealthy family but looking at those things in there really opened my mind about how crazy my family was!

 

I mean, we actually have like dozens of jewellaries, golds and some ancient stuff probably being inherited by our family since ages ago and there was one thing that caught my attention.

 

Right at the end of the room, I noticed this one shiny ring. It looked really amazing and I was really drawn into it. My feet took its very first step toward the ring step by step and when I’ve managed to get a closer look to that ring, I noticed that there was this unknown language being written around it and the handwriting was actually some ancient Chinese handwriting and too bad I didn’t studied any Chinese at that time! I wanted to take a closer look to it and when I touched the glass, suddenly the whole room started making a loud noise. It was the alarm and before I could even do anything, our family’s bodyguards rushed into the scene and they quickly heaved a relief sigh when they looked at me, probably relieved that it was just me and not some robber I thought.

 

But too bad, they brought me outside and locked the doors more carefully before that old man scolded me for entering that damn room that night. But I still remembered how mom told him this. “Honey, that’s enough. There’s no use in scolding her because they will eventually know everything that we hide from them when they grow older.” She said to that old man and he quickly sent me off. Since that day, I’ve thought about it a lot and I eventually just let that thing slipped out of my mind. But there was one thing that I’ve finally found out. That ring that I saw...that thing is something. It is really precious and I have no idea how our family could grab a hold of that thing and I couldn’t even imagined how they could even get it in the first place.

 

Nevertheless, its not my problem and so, I didn’t think about it that much.

 

...

 

“Alright, wait...nice! One more! Last one! And...done!” I said out loud before this two newlywed smiled to me, showing their gratitude. Apparently they both just got married the day before and they came to my studio to take their indoor wedding pictures, with of course a lot of flowers around them. The day before at their wedding reception, I couldn’t make it and luckily I still have my fellow photographers working under me and they all have amazing skills too. The photo shoot has finally ended and I quickly grabbed my belongings and headed straight to the main doors, and that was when I saw that lunatic guy!

 

I was like what on Earth is he doing now?!! Few days ago, he gave me a call which I didn’t have any idea where he managed to get it and now, he’s following me around or what?!! I looked at him with gritted teeth as he had his arms crossed together as he scanned my building around, as if he was some contractor guy trying to plan a makeover on building or something! He was leaning against his car and that was when he noticed me already walking out of the building, heading towards L’s usual spot where he would always parked my car, just a bit further away than where Taehyung was standing at that moment.

 

I mean, I have no other choice rather than facing this lunatic guy, am I right? The only way I could run away from him was to walk in front of him and that was the biggest problem at the moment!!! God, why?!! Taehyung smirked, his usual evil smirk which what I would always called and he called out loud, “Hey! Nice building you have here. Won’t you mind showing me around?” and I rolled my eyes to him before I said, “Get lost, Kim Taehyung!” coldly, annoyed and not in the mood to even talked to him and he just chuckled. Why would he always chuckle with every words I said, anyway?!! Get a life, dude!

 

Sigh! I swear I didn’t expect him to stopped by my studio nor even looked at it when the marriage has been turned down, what I thought was because lately that old man hasn’t been mentioning about it anymore and so I just assumed it was over but I guess this guy is just still trying to disturb me and I don’t even know what his motive is!!! Just tell me what you want, alright?!! Then he fixed his hair from the slight windy condition and said, “The wedding is still on, if that’s what you have in mind right now.” and I swear I would’ve looked at him with my jaw on my knees because how could he even read my mind??!!! Does he have some kind of super powers and can read my mind?!! The heck?!!

 

I turned my heels, now facing him and said in the most irritated tone I could mustered and said, “I don’t give a and I don’t give a about that stupid marriage, Kim Taehyung. Now can you just get out from my life and let me leave in peace?!” and that was when I saw L walked out from his driver seat and headed towards me. Taehyung was about to said something to me with the way how he used to smile to me in that disgusting way but I quickly called, “L! Let’s go, we’re gonna be late!” and he quickly stepped in front me and helped me carry my laptop bag. I entered my car and he immediately hit the gas and I was so glad that the conversation with Taehyung was cut, finished!

 

Leaving Taehyung, with his another stupid smirk.

 

...

 

That afternoon, we had our normal meeting routine and as usual we would discuss about the business, stocks, money, new projects and everything else and that was when one of the managers said this! “So I heard that we might merge with Kim Worldwide Enterprise soon.” He said and everyone looked at me and some of them even nodded upon listening to what he’d just said as if this news has been flying around this company for so long already. Em...it did?! I quickly turned to this Head of Consulting Manager guy and he nodded his head before I quickly asked, “What?! Who said that?” and he answered, “Basically everyone already heard this news after CEO Kim stopped by last week.”

 

I looked at him, blinked my eyes twice as I tried to digest whatever he had just said earlier and I turned to Hoya, who was sitting beside me and he just shrugged. At that time I had no idea what he was trying to say to me with that shrug. Did he meant ‘I don’t know’ or ‘I know but sorry I didn’t tell you’ or ‘Screw me for not telling you’ kind of shrug? Then I quickly said to my fellow workers, “Um, no. This is actually my first time listening to such news and I can assure that things like that will never happen in this company. Meeting dismiss.” and they all quickly shuffled out from the meeting room, leaving only me and Hoya.

 

I turned to him once the door was closed once again and looked at him in the eye,” Yah, who the hell spread that kind of news?! Do you have any idea about it?!” and all Hoya could do was giving me another shrug. Then he touched his chin before he said, “Actually, I’ve heard about it few days ago when I walked down the receptionist. You know how those receptionists like to gossips, right?” and chuckled but I really wasn’t playing around and I really had my strict face on and Hoya coughed once before he continued, “I really thought it was just some random gossip. That’s why I didn’t tell you. It’s not a big deal.” He said as he closed his file and I heaved another sigh.

 

“Not a big deal, yeah. For now! I don’t even have any idea what that idiot wants! He even came to my studio this morning, oppa! Now don’t tell me his real intention is to get this company when obviously he wouldn’t need at all when he already has one which is twice bigger than mine!” I huffed as I started being irritated sitting in that huge meeting room and by just looking at the cold looking blue wallpaper made me felt like throwing up already! I rubbed the back of my neck, giving it a short massage before Hoya mumbled, “That guy...he’s weird.”

 

...

 

The Next Day

 

After lunch on the next day, I went straight to the company with L. It was a hectic day in the studio, lots and lots of photo shoots and I really need to rushed back to LX Studio that evening for another important photo shoot and that was my only chance to get back to the office and do my company work. I gotta check on the files, I mean like a lot of files and some other boring stuff and once I reached the building, waved at Hoya who was so into his computer as he waved a hi to me back and that was when I saw this letter being placed on my table. It was a white envelope, very typical kind of envelope like what we would always used in here and I opened it nevertheless.

 

The only different thing on there was my name being wrote with this neat but loopy handwriting like what doctors handwriting would look like, only neater and clearer one. It was not glued and I opened it and read it.

 

Dear to my future wife,

 

Meet me tonight at XX Family Restaurant at 8:30p.m.

 

From: CEO of Kim Worldwide Holdings

 

I really felt like crushing that paper, tore it into smaller pieces or even better, burn it! But I was already too tired for all that and all I did was passing it to L. “L.” I called him and I gave it to him and he read it as I started opening a file, reading through it and checking every single details as I started putting my head and soul on doing my job as a CEO. L didn’t said a word and I was really glad that I’d managed to get a very understanding butler of mine. After all, that old man choose him as my personal butler and for the first time, he made the right decision. Only that one and not this marrying some airhead guy!

 

Few hours later, I stacked up all the files on my right side and heaved a relief sigh. Finally, I’d managed to finished up my work and I turned to L who was sitting on one of the couch, as usual which is what I would tell him to do rather than standing next to me and looking after me all the time and said, “L-ah. Can you get me a drink, please. Tea would be fine.” and he answered instantly, “As you wish, Miss _____.” as he headed towards the door. I looked at the door and L’s back as his figure slowly disappearing from my line vision and turned to my watch.

 

It was already past 5 o’clock and and I have another one more hour to kill before I head back to my studio for the last photo shoot session on that day. I was scanning my room, checking every corner of it making sure its clean and nothing odd were laying around and that was when my eyes fell onto Taehyung’s letter. That letter was sitting perfectly on the small coffee table, right in front of the couch which L just sat few minutes earlier.

 

I grabbed it, didn’t have any heart to opened it nor read the insides because I already read it anyways and that was when L walked in, with a cup of hot tea that smelled so good in his hands and he placed it on the coffee table. “Here is your tea, Miss _____.” L said and I thanked him. “Thanks, L. Have a sit.” I told him and he obeyed, then I cut to the chase. “Do you really think I should go and see him tonight or should I just forget about it?” I asked him and took a sip of that tea and the feeling of the hot tea making its way down my dry throat was very refreshing.

 

 

“If you think going there would solve your problems, I say why not?” He blurted out and I bit my lower lips, trying to make a difficult decision at that time and finally, I made up my mind. “Alright then. Send me to that restaurant right after my schedule finishes.” I said, putting back my cup of tea on the table and L nodded his head as he said, “As you wish, Miss _____.”

 

...

 

I fixed my hair, real quick before I walked out from my car and L quickly stopped me as he said, “Miss _____. Are you really sure that you’ll be fine without me escorting you inside?” and I quickly nodded my head. “Yes, L. I’ll be fine, don’t you worry. He won’t do anything funny to me in this kind of place, trust me.” I chuckled, trying to eased up L and I knew he was really worried about leaving me alone but after all, this restaurant is the finest one possible in Korea and I was really sure that he wouldn’t pick up a fight with me in there but it looks like L wouldn’t budge from his stand.

 

So I said, “Gee, L. Relax. Stop giving me that ‘look’, alright. I’m going in now. I’ll call you when its finished. Bye!” as I gave a pat on his shoulders and he just looked at me going into the restaurant, his heart feeling very heavy and I know that but I shouldn’t dragged L into this problem. L has nothing to do with any of this and I’ll make sure he won’t be burdened by any of it.

 

...

 

Kim Taehyung’s POV

 

I looked at my watch, it was 8:30p.m. already and I took another sip of my drink as I waited for _____ to show up. I wasn’t expecting her to show up all dressed up or looking grand and very lady-like but all I wanted was for her to just show up. I really need to talk to her. This is our only plan left and I am really sure, 100% that this plan will work out. I took another sip of my drink and that was when I saw this very familiar figure, walking inside the VIP section and I smiled. Finally, she showed up.

 

The waiter showed her where I was sitting and when she looked at me, we instantly locked our eyes and I could really tell how she was really annoyed by all these. She said something to the waiter, probably thanking him for showing her our table and my eyes twitched slightly by how that tall waiter guy was looking at her. I mean if you’re just working as a waiter, for real, go get a life! Girls as rich as her wouldn’t even lay her eyes on guys like that and the only prefect guy for her would only be me! She’s rich, I’m richer than her and we all know how that kind of setting works well in our world.

 

She took her steps towards me and I stood up from my seating, smiling as I said, “Well, well. I didn’t expect you to show up at all, ______.” and she rolled her eyes to me. I guess rolling her eyes was one of her favorite hobby nowadays. Then she totally ignored what I’d just said and she quickly sat and scanned over the menu herself. I suddenly felt like a weirdo, I mean a statue and I followed her as I took my own seat as well. We both ordered our meal and she quickly blurted out, “Alright. Now tell me what you want.” and all I could do was looked at her.

 

I smirked. Its really funny when this Jung _____ is still the same just like last time, back in school. Only with slimmer figure and longer hair, I guess. Then I said, “_____. Come on. Let’s wait for our meal and enjoy it first before we head to there, don’t you think so?” and she gave me that ‘whatever’ look on her face. Surprisingly enough, she didn’t said a lot or even had the urge to shoot some nasty words to me like what she would usually do. Now that’s weird!

 

Jung _____’s POV

 

We ate our dinner, even though it was already too late for dinner time but nevertheless, I was dead starving! Right after finishing my last photo shoot session that evening, L quickly drove all the way from LX Studio to this fancy restaurant and I was already drained from any energy and I’m pretty sure if I was a phone, my battery would be around 10% left. I wiped my mouth with a piece of napkin and Taehyung already finished his meal way before I did and all he did was drumming his fingers on our shiny table and looked at me, like all the time!

 

It just gave me the chills, ya know and why would you even looked at me when I was eating, dude? Never seen a girl eating her meal before or what?!

 

So after all that, he finally said, “Okay. Now let’s talk.” as he smiled his usual ugly smile and I nodded my head, deep inside I was praying so badly, hoping that whatever thing that came out from his mouth would be something that won’t make me pulling my hair to sleep! “Shoot.” I said and he looked at me in the eye when he said, “Let me get this straight. Last year, my father told me to get married as soon as possible and I’m sure that you’ve already heard about how I chose you to be my wife from Uncle Jung and truthfully, I did. I did chose you as my wife and its not like I like you or anything. You’re not even that attractive for me, huh.” He sneered and I felt like slapping him in the face!

 

So what?! Did he think that he was that interesting for me either?! SO NOT!

 

So I said, “Good. You’re too ugly to even be my boyfriend.” and I rolled my eyes, taking my glass into my right hand and sipped it, eye contact still firmed on him and I could see how his Adam’s apple moved downwards once before he said, “Anyways, I have my own reasons for choosing you. It may sound very weird when I can simply pick any girl I want and they will all be glad enough to be my wife but...those girls are after my money and fame and of course I wouldn’t want to spend my whole life with a like that.” and I quickly cut in, “Wow. I’m impressed. You can actually differentiate between girls and es.” as I nodded my head and I’m pretty sure Taehyung would shot his other nasty words to me but he just smirked.

 

“And as I was saying, since you’re the only girl that I’ve known for so long, even if we never actually been in good terms but I had no choice. Its either me getting married with you or father will find some random girls for me.” He continued and all I could do was listened to him carefully, every each of words he said. “But that’s my case right now. That old man wants me to marry some random guy, which is you! You see, our lives may sound and looked the same but in my house, that old man’s words are our rule and if we wanna survive, we gotta follow it or just go jump of a cliff! Do you have any idea what costs me in order to cancel this stupid marriage?! I could have lost JX Studio and my life!” I said and he had his lips tight, firmed and no words came out as he listened to me.

 

Then after a moment of silence, he started once again. “I’m afraid, the marriage will still move on, ______. That’s what I’ve been wanting to tell you.” He said and when I looked at him with my eyes widened, he quickly said, “Wait! I know what you’re thinking and I don’t even wanna marry you too!” and I quickly answered him with, “Then just stop all this nonsense already! I don’t like you, you don’t like me! That’s simple math and what’s so hard about that?!” I said as I could feel anger rushing down my body and that was when Taehyung tried to calmed me down by saying, “And that’s why I’ve come up with this plan. If you work with me, then both of us would be free from each other and I promise if this plan worked out, I’ll make sure that we won’t even see each other ever again.” and I blinked twice as I tried to digest everything he’d just said.

 

A plan? Like, seriously? I looked at my fingers and thought about it for a minute and Taehyung said, “This is for real, _____. If only you work with me then it would be fine. You can trust me on this.” trying to reassured me and after looking at his face and how his eyes were telling me how he was actually telling the truth, I finally gave in. “Alright, alright! Fine! As long as I’m not walking down the aisle for you then I’m in! So, what’s the plan?” I asked him and he suddenly clapped his hands all excited and I just looked at him all weird out. When he finally realised how I was staring at him all weird like that, he coughed twice as he fixed his branded tie and put his hands on the table once again.

 

“Good. So anytime soon, you’ll hear this news from Uncle Jung on how he’ll want you to still marry me and stuff and of course, you’ll strongly reject that, again...” He said and I was like yeah, totally and he continued, “Then, he will proposed to you saying that you should live with me first and see how it’d go before finally making your decision. My father has already bought a house for us and we only need to live in there for the mean time and when the time’s up, we will both just say that we won’t be marrying each other because obviously we don’t love each other and couldn’t even stand looking at each other ourselves.” He said and I furrowed my eyebrows together and looked at him and I felt really... I don’t know!

 

This plan sounded so...wrong! Living with each other, no ties and not even engaged or even married to each other?! I mean...this just gave me the creeps! What if this guy tried to do something on me?! Like ?!!

 

OH MY GOD!!!

 

“Wait, wait! Hold up! Did you just said living with each other? In your dad’s house he’d just bought for us? Just us? ARE YOU CRAZY?!!” I shrieked out and I was already standing on both of my feet and I was shrieking probably just way too louder than I’d expected and the other VIP’s might be looking at us all suspicious and that was when Taehyung cupped my mouth shut and pulled me down, putting me in my seat once again. His hands was...really soft. It was really unexpected and I quickly turned and looked around and luckily, there were mostly middle aged people around that area and luckily Taehyung chose the furthest table available in that room.

 

“Keep it down, will ya?! What if the press sees us like this?! News might spread like wild!” He shushed me down and I quickly nodded my head as I mumbled a quick ‘sorry’ to him and I quickly heaved a sigh before I said, “Alright, now listen. This sounds so wrong, Taehyung! I wouldn’t even want to see you in my entire life and now? Talk about living in the same house!” and he nodded his head, with his usual slow tempo style kind of nodding as he said, “That’s the only option for us, _____. Its either living in the same house momentarily or just get married with me and life happily ever after! The end!” He made a jazz hands and I just went into this ‘I’ve had enough everyone just shut your big fat mouths!’ mode on! as I cupped my own face in the palms of my hands.

 

God...why!

 

“_____, I know this seems hard for you but it is for me too! I’m so not going to live with you but that’s the only mercy my father gave. Just for you because he didn’t want you to feel burdened by any of this.” He said calmly and I was already in my panic mode and how could this guy just talked about this matter so lay back like this?! As if he really wasn’t bothered by the fact that we had to live in the same house together!!!

 

Kim Taehyung’s POV

 

I drummed my fingers on the table and I waited for her reply. She bit her lower lips, all anxious and she finally looked at me, her deep brown eyes penetrate through me when she finally said, “Okay. Just for now.” before she finished up her drink and walked out from the restaurant, leaving me all alone. Once she was gone, I chuckled lightly, satisfied with answer before I picked up my coat and walked out as well. Plan B, going out very smoothly. Easy as pie!

 

Poor you, Jung _____.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Two updates for today as well! Hope you guys like it and enjoy!!! Pls do leave some comments and subscribe if you enjoy reading it!