The Uncle

Family Log #1: The Mothership

 

Suga a.k.a Min Yoongi

The Uncle

 

Make no mistake- Even Seokjin choked on his water when the company announced that Yoongi’s stage name would be Suga. It was too sweet for someone as grumpy as the rapper.

Although he could be extremely hardworking during work, Min Yoongi at home? Not as slow and old as a grandpa as they all said, but really… Annoying. And he was annoying too when making comments that were usually sarcastic.

“Seokjin what do we have on our schedule today?”

“Seokjin, hyung.”

“Seokjin what do we have today?”

He might have forgotten to mention Yoongi was the only one not afraid of him.

Seokjin cocked his head and gave Yoongi the brooding stare but the other simply looked back down at the screen of his phone. He then said, head not looking up, “If you’re not going to tell me I’ll just go and ask Namjoon.”

“Joon? Really? Yoongi, he’s at a meeting now,” Seokjin sighed. Brushing away a strand of hair from his face, he sat back down onto the chairs in the waiting room. They had only stepped out of the apartment an hour ago and the sun hadn’t even risen yet.

Soft ‘pew pew pew’ game sounds echoed from the other side of the room where the younger members had gathered around one other to play some multi-player game on their phones.

“I’ll ask Hoseok.”

“He’s probably getting high somewhere in the building.”

Yoongi placed his phone down onto his lap in a flash and rolled his eyes at Seokjin, “Can you just tell me what we have for today? I can’t find my copy. Some idiot took it, I think.” Seokjin definitely could imagine Hoseok laughing his head off right at this moment.

Shaking his head, Seokjin lied, “Man I really don’t know who took it.” Yoongi immediately gave him a brooding glare and Seokjin relented. He didn’t want Yoongi to be grumpy for the whole day.

“We’re going to perform at Hongdae for kcon at 8.00am, then a guerrilla interview by KBS at 3.00pm… We have to be at Sukira by 5.00pm.”

“That’s all?”

“Yeap.”

Yoongi lifted an eyebrow, revealing the small sparkle in his eyes. Both of them then made eye contact in silence. Sighing, Seokjin warned the other knowing full well what he was thinking about, “Yoongi, no.”

When Yoongi smirked at him Seokjin, the elder could almost feel the imminent headache approaching later that evening.

It turned out to be worse by the time mid-afternoon arrived – their manager told them that the session at the radio session had been cancelled and that they could return back to the dormitory.

Usually, Seokjin would fuss over the Jungkook or Taehyung when their schedule ended early, but today Min Yoongi had climbed to the No. 1 spot on his ‘to settle’ list. It was not that hard for one to do that, he simply had to annoy the hell out of Seokjin which was what Yoongi did for the entire day.

“I’m going to the shopping centre,” Hoseok declared on the trip home in the mini-van. Namjoon gave him a side glance before returning his gaze to the outside scenery. He then said, “You know you’d probably be recognised right?”

The other rapper simply grinned at the leader in reply.

After that, the others chimed in their plans for the rest of the day. Jimin had decided to return to the company building to practice his dancing, Taehyung just wanted to surf the internet and Jungkook-

Seokjin frowned and interjected, “Jungkook you’re going to be a responsible person and do your homework.”

The entire van burst into laughter while Jungkook slunk back into the seat with an angry pout (it was more of a I’m-so-done look). “I can’t even play for five minutes…” he mumbled under his breath.

“What about you Yoongi hyung?” Hoseok asked. The older shrugged, “I’m going to write more songs. I probably can get two more done by today.” Nobody noticed the displeased glint in Seokjin’s eyes as they all chattered about the new songs.

Then again, Seokjin was probably the only who noticed that Yoongi’s already existing eye bags were getting darker.

They called it the ‘Min Yoongi hibernation’. Why so? It’s because the rapper would keep himself locked up in the room or the studio for hours at once without coming out. Namjoon always joked that it was probably the reason why his skin was so pale – that his skin only met with the rays of the sun 10% of the time.

After the (immense) success of The Most Beautiful Moment In Life Pt 1 album, Yoongi became almost like a machine. He never stopped working on new songs, and when he wasn’t, he would be sleeping. Basically, he put in a lot of effort into his songs and it apparently also meant that he put in a lot of effort into his sleep.

“…The factor theorem is- Hyung are you even listening?”

Upon hearing Jungkook’s voice, Seokjin tore his vision away from the opposite wall and gave the younger a confused look. “Yes?”

Jungkook pursed his lips tightly, one end tilting a little higher than the other. They were sitting cross-legged side by side on Jungkook’s bed with a stack of lecture notes and textbooks by the younger’s side.

The shared room between Jungkook and Jimin’s was a curious mix of atmosphere. One shelf would be full of dance posters (there were posters of Taeyang as well) and cute looking soft toys given by fans, while the other had many books piled on it with only a small space for a recording microphone and a laptop.

Since Jimin was not back yet, the other bed lay empty with only a small imprint of a curled up body on it to tell that its owner had been here not too long ago. Seokjin made a mental note to call Jimin to come back soon after staring at it. It was getting late.

“You’re worried about Yoongi hyung again, aren’t you?” Jungkook asked before putting down his textbook. Slowly, Seokjin nodded. He then stared at the wall again, wondering what Yoongi was doing on the other side of it.

“He’s probably sleeping. If he were still writing lyrics we’d all probably still hear curse words.”

Seokjin looked at Jungkook with mild surprise. The boy was always so quiet that he forgot that he could be as clever as Namjoon on the inside.

He sighed in reply, “I guess so…”

Half an hour later after he had bade goodnight to the youngest, Seokjin made his way back to his room and pushed open the door gently. Sure enough, Yoongi was asleep, but not on his bed.

His small form was bent over on the table and his bright green hair splayed out around his head, effectively hiding the entirety of his face. The table lamp cast a warm glow on his surroundings as his hair caught onto the light, making it look as if he were wearing a halo.

(Seokjin had to make Yoongi sound nice at least once. You know, for the fans.)

“Yah. Min Yoongi,” Seokjin said in a surly voice, trying to not sound overly affectionate. Shuffling closer, he nudged the other on his shoulder. “Go back to your bed and sleep.”

Seokjin then poked his cheeks and repeated, “Min Yoongi. Suga.”

There was no response from the green haired male except for the soft purrs he made while he breathed. Huh. Still sleeping like a log. I’m definitely not carrying him back, Seokjin thought, staring down at Yoongi.

Out of curiosity, Seokjin took a step closer to the table and picked up a piece of paper to read it. He put it back down and sifted through a few others to find that most of the lyrics were finished, if not all.

Yoongi was just so hardworking that Seokjin wanted to take the papers to smack him on the head, to tell him to take more breaks.

He sighed to himself before placing the lyrics back onto the desk top and proceeded to give a long look at Yoongi. Silently, Seokjin walked towards the other’s bed. With his blanket in hand, he spun back around to Yoongi.

After making sure that the blanket settled onto Yoongi’s shoulders comfortable, Seokjin made a trip to the kitchen to grab a bottle of milk coffee from the fridge and returned to their room to place the bottle on the desk.

He then picked up the discarded pen from the table and wrote on a scrap piece of paper: The coffee is for you in case you wake up later. Don’t tell anyone that I gave you coffee to drink. Rest well.

As he sat down on his bed a few moments later, Seokjin grumbled while looking at the other’s sleeping figure, “I really hate you Min Yoongi.”

“…Good night.”

Of course, Yoongi did not answer.

 

Later on that night when Yoongi woke up to find a blanket wrapped around his body and a bottle of coffee sitting patiently on the table, he did not need to think twice about what had happened. He did not cast a glance at the note purposefully placed inches away from his face.

“If he does this one more time I’m going hit him…” he mumbled to himself. “Or call him mum… Mum Jin… Mum Jin…” Then he pulled the blanket over his shoulder snugly and drifted off into sleep once again.

 

 


A/N: Jimin probably does not room irl with Kookie but let's just roll with this okay? :)