Words From Mum

Family Log #1: The Mothership

 

“Hello everybody! This is Jin speaking to you from our dorm. Right now it’s… 11.00pm, May 8th,” Seokjin said to the video camera as he smoothed down the stray strands of hair on the top of his head, “And… There’s nobody to accompany me because they are all out.”

“Rapmonster and J-hope are at the company reviewing their new mixtape, Maknae line is at a… Night market and Suga… Is wherever he is at.” Seokjin sincerely wished that Yoongi was not asleep on some couch in the loneliest corners of the company building. “But it’s alright! You have my handsome face for tonight.”

Seokjin then turned his attention to the onslaught of comments coming into the video and commented with a little-too-much kind of surprised stare, “Wow you guys are really awesome at this thing.”

Omo Jin oppa you’re so handsome!!

Where are the kids? Keke

Is Jim mom feeling lonely? Haha xD

Seokjin did not grimace at the last comment, but he cringed internally. Fortunately, the comment was moved upwards in a blink of an eye as other poured in. It wasn’t the first time he had the word ‘mom’ attached to his name, in fact it had been his middle name since debut.

The thing was, Seokjin didn’t think that he deserved that nickname. Mothers did way more than he ever did, plus, the other members just needed caring. Whenever he sees another member struggling to do something or anything, it was just in him to help – or nag, in the words of Jungkook.

He couldn’t help it.

But ‘mother’? Seokjin had doubts about that.

Jin oppa! Since they’re all out why not tell us more about them?

^

You look so cute: 3

Yeah tell us about them!!

“Ah… Well… Aish you guys,” Seokjin chuckled upon reading the comments. “Since they’re not here… I might as well.” Then from the bottom of his heart, he directed the next words to the other members, “Yah. I know some of you will be watching so if you want your image to be clean you better get back here.”

Tilting the video camera back to an angle at which he could see the entirety of his face in the screen, Seokjin cocked his head and spotted a certain horse mask lying in the corner of the desk. He mentally made a note to ask the owner to keep it back in his room later.

“Hmm… Let’s start with J-hope.”