Lie

Whatever it takes....

Seeing Kyungsoo kissing Kai, it causes Chanyeol’s heart to throb and mixed emotions stirs in his head and the pit of his stomach. He should be happy for Kyungsoo, but it was hard considering the fact that he has fallen for the boy. Kyungsoo’s smile could lighten up a dark room.

When they were finished with dinner, everyone gets up to leave except Kyungsoo and Kai. It was their 3-year anniversary after all. Alone time is what they want.

Chanyeol walks by himself around Seoul. He sees random people taking their cigarette breaks, and loud pedestrians walking besides each other. Fresh air is just what Chanyeol needed since he was bundled with stress. Some fans noticed him on the streets and derive an autograph from him. Some gets louder with his presence but seeing that his face shown sorrow, they decided to back off so he can have his time.

Chanyeol thank them and walks a different direction.

He takes a different route but one that is all too familiar to him. It has a café place that Kyungsoo really likes. He reminisces the times when he first met Kyungsoo here. The memories were all so vivid that he felt them coming to life from the look of inside the windows.

Unconsciously he walks inside and sits by himself. Time passes quickly when one doesn’t truly grasp the concept. Before he knew it, it was already 12:32 a.m. The members didn’t call him so he assumes everything should be ok. He picks up his pace and rushes home to the apartment he shares with Kai. They became partners since Suho thinks they match well with each other, considering both are interested in rap.

Their apartment is two doors down from the rest so Chanyeol can make music without disturbing anyone else.

Once Chanyeol got back, he realizes the door was unlocked. It was strange considering Kai isn’t one to ever leave it unlocked.

The image that Chanyeol sees is one that isn’t easy to forget. He sees Kai and Sehun together, doing things that Kai would only do with Kyungsoo. When Kai sees Chanyeol, he gets up from his position and his face looks pale, and fear rushes all over his body.

“Hyung, please don’t misunderstand-” Kai starts but Chanyeol cuts him off.

“Kinda hard to not misunderstand when you’re telling me to do so.”

Sehun looks away, not wanting to come between the heated atmosphere surrounding them. Kai looks at Sehun and then back at Chanyeol. It felt like a cat caught his tongue because no words could be form in the back of his throat.

He looks at Chanyeol and Chanyeol crosses his hands across his chest. “Kyungsoo loves you. What the hell are you doing behind his back? He is two doors down from us so you really have the guts to do something like this.”

“I know. But Kyungsoo, I was getting bored…”

Chanyeol isn’t one to ever resort to violence but Kai was crossing the line. He holds it inside and his words were like venom. “You are bored so you go on a secret date in our room with the maknae? You are despicable.” Chanyeol turns his attention towards Sehun, “you too. You both are disgusting.”

Sehun gets up from the sofa and runs out, not wanting to upset Chanyeol anymore. Once Chanyeol was gone, Kai moves closer to him.

“Hyung, I know I made a mistake. So please don’t tell Kyungsoo about this. It would hurt him as well. I’m begging you.” Kai pleads.

Chanyeol makes no reply and walks past Kai. He gets into his room and falls on the bed. He looks up at the ceiling and wonder what he should do. The thoughts ponder inside until sleep overtakes him.

-

That morning Chanyeol hears his cell phone ringing. He grumbles and pulls it to his ear without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?”

Kyungsoo’s loud voice on the other line is totally unexpected. “You’re my best friend Chanyeol. Why are you trying to kiss my boyfriend behind my back? Do you know how much I love Kai? Out of everyone, you should be crystal clear about this. I don’t even want to consider you my best friend anymore.”

Kyungsoo’s voice makes Chanyeol wake up faster than his alarm tone going off. He gets up from his head and holds a tight grip on the phone. “What you talking about Soo?”

“Kai told me everything. You’re the worst.”

Before Chanyeol could explain himself, Kyungsoo already hangs up phone.

Chanyeol tries to call Kyungsoo back but when Kyungsoo doesn’t pick up, Chanyeol gets up from his bed. He’s about to go over to Kyungsoo’s apartment and explain this whole ordeal to him.

What stops Chanyeol is when he sees Kai sitting in the living room, casually eating a bowl of cereal and enjoying running man.

“Shouldn’t have been so nosy hyung” Kai says, not averting his attention from the television. “Don’t even waste your breath explaining to Kyungsoo because he will believe me over you.”

Chanyeol pulls Kai’s collar and glares at him. “What the are you doing Kai?”

“You should’ve answered me when I begged you not to tell Kyungsoo anything. Since you didn’t, I took a more drastic measure.”

Chanyeol grip tightens but he didn’t know what to do. Fighting with Kai would only make things worst.

“You’re a bastard Kai. You could say lies about me if you want but you cheating on Kyungsoo, I will not allow that. He will eventually find out the truth.”

“I have my reasons for doing this.”

“This friendship is over” Chanyeol spurts out and heads out the door not regretting his decision. Once he got outside, he hears his phone going off again. This time it was Sehun.

“Hyung, lets team up”