Panda+Duck=Panduck

Panducky

Zitao has a tendency to bite s, then run around claiming he turned them into a ‘panda.’ He also liked giving nicknames to them that started in the word ‘pan’ and ended in whatever animal/word he felt corresponded with the member. However, the nickname part only started when he bit Jongdae, who he liked to say he was really close with, perhaps to the point of more than just friends, and even more than just brothers. 

“Ow, hey!” Jongdae swatted Zitao away almost as fast as Zitao managed to bite the vocalist’s arm out of nowhere. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Turning you into a panda.” Zitao said casually, as if that wasn’t a completely weird and uncalled for sentence.

“Why?” Jongdae asked.

Zitao shrugged. “It’s fun biting people.”

Jongdae blinked. Sometimes he questioned Zitao’s logic compared to his age. He never bothered to ask, since Zitao was just...Zitao. You couldn’t change who he was. Not that Jongdae would change Zitao, even if he had the chance to. He was too precious. So it was easy to say, despite his bewilderment at Zitao’s new biting phase, somehow, such a thing just made him ten times cuter.

“But aren’t I already called duck?” Jongdae questioned after a somehow comfortable silence. He crossed his arms. Maybe he could out smart Zitao’s 7-year-old logic. “How can I be a panda and a duck at the same time?”

Zitao hummed and thought for a minute “You can be both.”

Jongdae almost fell down laughing. “Oh, god. You’re cute, Taozi. How...how exactly can I be both a panda and a duck?” He tried to compose himself, but ended up falling apart into laughter again, using Zitao as a leaning post so he wouldn’t fall down and hurt himself.

Zitao pouted, seemingly not amused by Jongdae’s laughter. He hit the smaller lightly. “Don’t make my bite you again. And I’m not cute.”

Jongdae chuckled a few more times before finally composing himself again. “Right. Sorry. You’re not cute. You’re adorable.”

Zitao pouted even more. Jongdae found himself tempted to kiss the taller. He pushed the thought away and just poked Zitao’s cheek. Zitao squirmed away as if it tickled. Jongdae chuckled and sat down on a nearby chair, which happened to swivel, invoking Jongdae to spin around slightly. He stopped and turned to Zitao.

“So, how do you plan on combining a panda with a duck?” he asked. “As far as I know, that’s not genetically possible.”

Zitao shook his head. “Obviously, that’s not what I meant. I meant you can be both. As in you’re now both a panda and a duck to me.”

Jongdae raised his eyebrow. “What are you trying to say?”

Zitao seemed to think for a moment. “I’m saying, you’re my Panducky.”

Jongdae blinked. “Pan...ducky?” he tried not to burst into laughter. 

Zitao nodded and stepped forward, inching closer to Jongdae. “But...I’m the only one who can call you that.”

Jongdae raised his eyebrows, noting the sudden closeness of Zitao. He had to look up slightly in order to meet Zitao’s eyes. “And why is that?”

“Because you’re mine.” Zitao was dead serious. 

A smile spread across Jongdae’s face, but he put his hand over his mouth to hide it, and his excitement. He tried to keep his voice steady as he said, “Is this your way of confessing to me?”

Zitao shrugged. “If that’s how you want to take it, I won’t complain. Unless you reject me. Then maybe I’ll complain and whine until you accept my heart.”

Jongdae uncovered his mouth, revealing his ear to ear grin. “I don’t know who in their right mind would reject you, but it’s definitely not me.”

“Yay! My Panducky accepts my heart!” Zitao threw himself at the smaller in a bear hug.

Jongdae chuckled at hugged the taller back. “Yes, yes. But can you please not call me Panducky around the others? I’m 100 percent sure they’d laugh at me.”

“I swear I won’t say it when someone is even within earshot.” Zitao said. “Do you want me to swear on our lips?”

Jongdae seemed confused. “Swear on our—” 

He realized what Zitao meant when he noticed the younger move closer and slide his hands up to Jongdae’s neck. He had a goofy grin on his face. Jongdae hummed, unsure what to say, figuring anything he said would ruin the mood. Zitao’s face inched closer to Jongdae’s.

“I swear on our lips that I won’t ever call you ‘Panducky’ around anyone.” he whispered.

“And if you do, you owe me a kiss.” Jongdae added before pressing his lips against Zitao’s, making sure he had no say in his clause.

Zitao didn’t seem to be protesting, since knowing him, he’d pull away the moment he’d hear something he didn’t want. Instead, he pulled Jongdae closer, caressing his chick with his thumb. Though if Jongdae knew Zitao, he definitely wouldn’t refuse having more chances to kiss someone he just confessed to. 

Jongdae relocated his hands to wrap around Zitao’s neck, pulling the taller down because he was way to tall for him to actually properly kiss. Zitao adjusted their position. He lifted Jongdae up slightly, sensing the shorter male’s frustration with their height difference. Jongdae latched his legs around Zitao to stay balanced. 

Several minutes later, perhaps a tad too long for their first kiss, Zitao pulled away, hoisting Jongdae up higher on his hips. Jongdae seemed to widen his eyes, not used to being held so high by another person. Zitao could sense he was afraid to be dropped.

“I’ve got you, don’t worry.” Zitao smiled and pecked Jongdae’s lips. “I wouldn’t drop my Panducky.”

Jongdae sighed and tightened his grip on Zitao’s neck. “You better not. Otherwise I’ll take back my clause on our little swear.”

Zitao kissed Jongdae’s sleek jawline. “Don’t be that way, hyung! Don’t you trust me?” he pouted.

“Your actions and your expression don’t match.” Jongdae noted. “How can you be cute and hot at the same time?”

Zitao rolled his eyes. His arms loosened themselves underneath Jongdae’s thighs. “Okay, I think I need to put you down. My arms are starting to hurt.”

Jongdae snorted slightly and untangled his legs from around Zitao’s waist. Within a second, he was on the ground, nearly hitting his head on the wall. Zitao’s hand quickly came up to guard Jongdae’s head. He signed in relief.

“Sorry.” Zitao said. “I should have been more careful.”

“I should have been more prepared.” Jongdae responded. He messed up Zitao’s hair.

“Yah.” Zitao pouted. He fixed his hair. He messed up Jongdae’s hair in return. “Whoa. Daebak. Panducky-hyung looks hot with messed up hair!”

Jongdae shook his hair back into place. “Okay, if you say Panducky one more time, I’m going to change my clause to if you say ‘Panducky’ more than 3 times within a certain time period, you’ll have to kiss me for each time more you say it.”

Zitao seemed like he wanted to take advantage of that. It was clear he was a greedy boy when it came to touching someone he liked. Jongdae knew the moment he said that, Zitao would probably repeat ‘Panducky’ at least 3 more times, just to kiss him. Surprisingly, Zitao held back.

“Now what kind of kissing do you mean?”

Jongdae shook his head in exasperation. “A kiss is a kiss unless specified. Don’t make me take that back and turn it into something bad.”

“I’m sorry.” Zitao said. He smiled slyly. “...Panducky.”

Jongdae sighed. “I seen that coming.”

Zitao swooped down and gave Jongdae a quick peck on the lips. He pulled away and tugged Jongdae into a hug. “Is it too early to say ‘I love you’?”

Jongdae smiled and hugged Zitao back. “Maybe for some people. But not me.” He snuggled his face against Zitao’s chest. “I love you too.”


Word Count: 1562

A/N: Ahhh -cringes out of cheesiness- I'm really sorry for this. I had the idea, thought it was cute, and had to write it.

Idk when I'll get to the next chapter of Blindly In Love, but I'm sure I'll end up coming up with other random oneshots, so I'll see you all whenever I upload something next~