Rival

Philophobia

**

“Febrina Prima and Kim Taehyung, you two at the back, you on duty for today. Make sure you send the report before school ended.” On duty? With Taehyung? What should I do? I try to avoid him. Sigh~

“Feby, why you looks so pale? Are you okay?” Jiyeon look at me full of curious.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry. Maybe because of I’m studying until late. And I can’t enough sleep. As you know, I’m working at night.”

“It hard right? Be strong friend! If you need anything just tell me okay? I’m going to cafeteria first.” I’m glad I’ve Jiyeon. I never had a friend before. I’m always keep away from them. I’m afraid being hurt. I’m always keep my face straight don’t want they know my inside. I can’t let they know my pathetic and weak side. But, he already saw me crying.  Argh! Why Taehyung? When I’m always avoiding everyone, why he always pop out?

Ding ~ Dong ~

School ended. I should finish the report and send to the homeroom teacher. So I can back home early.

“Feby? Let me help you.” He sat in front of me. Erase! Erase! Calm down Febrina. Then, suddenly there is someone yell Taehyung name.

“Taehyung-ah~. Let’s go. I’ll treat you ice-cream.” Someone with long hair, kindly pale skin, beautiful personality and of course pretty face. She walked into the classroom.

“Ah~ Irene-ah, I’m on my duty now with Feby. Maybe next time.”  Irene? Irene?! The one who Jiyeon talk to? The rumour? So it’s true? Calm down, inhale, exhale.

“Oh. So you are Feby? Transfer student. I always heard about you. So, can I borrow Taehyung today? Please?”  what I have to do right now? Ahh~ my head. Wait! Why should I care about them? I will do it alone. Finish it and off to work. Besides, I don’t want to care about it. Irene? Taehyung? I have to avoid them.

“Ya! Irene-ah~ I can’t. Don’t you see what I’m doing right now?”

“It’s okay Taehyung. You should go with her. I’ll do it.”  Act cool.

“Thanks Feby! Let’s go Taehyung!”  she pulled Taehyung forcefully. Why I feel worst? Why I suddenly my heart felt like got stab? So, the rumour is true. No reason for me to had feeling towards Taehyung anymore. Comparing me with Irene, she far away better.

I’m going to the roof after I’m cleaning the classroom. I feel better when I’m here. The view, never let me down. This feeling is I’m afraid of. They never listen to my brain. Always beating whenever they want. I hate this feeling. I hate him. I hate his smile. I hate his laughing. I hate his warm hand.  I can feel there is something flowing on my cheek.

**

“Morning Feby!” Jiyeon smile at me while walking into the classroom. She sat in front me.

“You know Feby, yesterday there is rumour Taehyung going date with Irene. So today female student gonna be crazy. They are really angry about that. Ha! They spread the rumour so fast. But, he with you right? Both of you on duty yesterday. How can Taehyung leave you.”

“Morning everyone! Morning Feby! Ah~ sorry about yesterday. I shouldn’t let you do it alone. Sorry!” he gives me a smile. I can’t respond it. My head pain. Why? I already take medicine this morning.

“What? So, the rumour it true then. You let Feby do it alone? And you are going out with Irene? How could you Taehyung?”  Jiyeon angry. I can’t hear it. The voice, it like far away. It pain.

“I already said sorry. Beside, Feby the one who let me going with Irene. Why are you angry?”  they bickering.

“Guys, stop it.”  I stand up. It dizzy. I can’t see very well. It dark.

~~

I can smell a medicine. I open my eyes slowly. It white.

“Finally, you woke up. You should rest now. You are working too much. For today, teacher gave you permission to skip your classes. So, you have to rest.” Taehyung? Where am I? Infirmary? What happened?

“You passed out. Because of too much working and stress.”  I just stay silence. I can saw his guilty face.

“I’m sorry Feby, I shouldn’t let you do it alone. I’m sorry. I’m always make you hurt.”

“Taehyung-ah~ you should back to the classroom. I’m just fine right now. Don’t worry. It not your fault. I’m the one told you yesterday. No need to say sorry.” I give him a smile. Yeah. It’s not his fault why he have to apologize to me. I’m the one working too much. Even stay up late.

“Alright. I should go now. Take care Feby.” he pat my head. Then walks away. Why? Why he need to see my pathetic side. I admit. I’m the one who always easy to get sick. But I’m always hiding it to not make my mom worried about it. So at night, I will bear the pain. Every time. But, in front of him?

I stop thinking when I heard steps come in. Who is it? Jiyeon?

“Jiyeon? It you?”

“Hi Feby?” uh? Irene? Why she here?

“ I heard you passed out. So I just wanna take a look.”

“How..?”

“Ahh~ Jiyeon told me. She come to my class and yell at me. She said because of me you faint. If I didn’t ask Taehyung you will not be like this.”

“I’m sorry Irene. It not because of you. Jiyeon misunderstanding the situation. It because I’m working too much.”

“So pathetic!” she smirked. What? Pathetic? What she trying to say? I’m startled.

“I thought you are like the others said. Cool. Charismatic, Independent. But just look at you. Always lonely. Never care about yourself.”

“What you are trying to say?”

“What I’m trying to say? Just stay away from Kim Taehyung.”

“Uh?! What?! I can’t get it.”

“You know Feby, I know Taehyung since middle school. We are really close. But he never care about anyone else. Beside his best friend and me. But suddenly, he trying to avoid me. Always talking about you. Every conversation with him is just about you. It makes me annoying. So, let me clear something. He’s mine!” she left me with question.

I smile. Happy to hear that he always take care of me. Talking about me. But as I know, he never like me. He always nice to everyone. Why I felt hurt? I make a promise to not falling in love. But now, it changed. I have to let this go. I don’t to get involved with Irene. It will turn chaos. I just have to think about my life. Not Taehyung. I’m scared.