Puzzle

Philophobia

**

Tick ~ Tock ~

I’m looking at the clock. It shows 8:50 PM. I’ll take leave in 10 minutes.

“Feby-ah~ please clean that table and mop the floor before you left.” I’m running to the table in the corner. Start cleaning, moping and prepared to close the café. I’ve been working at café near my house since 2 weeks ago. Of course it for my studies finances. I can’t let my mom to pay it. Plus, she already working for Sarah.

I’m walking slowly with heavy steps, under moonlight I barely see the boulevard. The road without streetlight makes me thinking about my life. What will happen? If dad never leave us? What if all of us never moves to Seoul? I should be easy with my head. Too much thought.  I looked up, the shining star makes me calm with the wind blowing my face. Sigh~

“Uh?! Feby? You’re Feby right?” I’m turning my head. I can guess who is he. Always pop out from nowhere every time I’m alone. He peek to look at my face near my right shoulder.

“I was right. It Feby. Why are you here? Alone in the middle of dark streets?”

“ It my line.” When he looked up I can see his face very well even under the moonlight. Then turn his head and smile at me. My heart. Fluttering ! Calm Down. Act normal.

“Woah~ the sky is beautiful right? Because of I’m really kind today, I’ll walk you home.”

“Why? It okay, I’ll walk by myself. No need to bother.”

“Don’t you heard there is story when, someone walk alone in the middle of the dark road…..”

“Stop it. It’s not scaring me.”

“Not? But you should listen to it first. It really scare.” He makes a cute face with his hand touch my shoulder. Why he so cute?

“Okay, finish it.”  I can’t bear with the cuteness.

“When, someone walk alone in the middle of the dark streets, there is alien will kidnapped you and you never return~” he make a scary voice with gesture hand show the imagination in his head.

“Did you talking about yourself? Alien?” I’m walk away .

“Hey Feby. Wait! I’ll accompany you. I thought you will laugh. It hard though~”

“What make you hard?” confuse, what exactly he think?

“Nothing~” he smile at me.

~~

“Taehyung-ah, thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow.” We stop in front of my house. When I’m ready to take steps away he suddenly call me.

“Feby, rather than say thanks, can’t you gives me a smile?” smile? Blank~

“You know what, since you transfer in my school, I never see your smile. You always by yourself. Never talk with other student except Jiyeon. It hard to see your smile.”

Should I give him a smile? I never thought that would be a matter for him. It’s okay right? Besides, he walk me home today.

I give him my smile. “See? Now, it late. You should go. See you tomorrow.”

“As I expected, you are cute when you smile.” He walking toward me and pat my head. He smile while said “See you, sweet dream Feby~”

Heart attack! No ! My eyes meet his. I’m froze while looking him walk away. He so cute.

**

“Morning Feby !” Jiyeon waving at me.

“Had you heard already that there is rumour Taehyung dating with a girl in class 2-1. What her name? Irene?.” What? Dating? My heart suddenly cracks. Act cool.

“No. How do you know? Where you heard the rumour?” trying to act cool.

“Uh? It weird to see Febrina would react to this nonsense news. Are you trying to hiding something from me?”

“What are you thinking? Of course it wouldn’t bother me. I’m just asking. Let’s go. We gonna be late for class.” I can’t tell her about my feeling right now. How can I say it? Even I don’t understand. I think I should ask her next time.

I’m walking with Jiyeon going to library and I can see Taehyung at the corner of hallway. He laugh happily with his best friend, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook. As you know they are idol in this school. All female student will scream every time they walking through. I shouldn’t get involve with them. I hate being notice or getting attention.

When Jiyeon try to find books for revision, I try to approach her.

“Hmm.. Jiyeon-ah~ can I ask you about something?”

“Yeah~ what is it?” she now focused on me. How I should tell this?

“It’s..”

“What is it Feby? Just tell me. What?”

“You know? Hmm.. Had you once felt when you seeing someone, your heart beating fast? Like a train? And you always thinking of him? Your face burning. And you felt hot, also when he smiling at you, you froze. What was that? It feel weird.” I can see she try not to laugh at me.

“ppfft~ Feby-ah why you are so cute? Hahahaha”

“Uh?!” I can’t get it. What she try to say? And why she laughing?

“I’m sorry, so, who is he?”

“Who?”

“Yeah. The one who make heart your fluttering. The one who are you falling for.”

“Falling?”

“Aigoo~ It love Feby. You are falling in love.”  Love? Me? Taehyung?

“So, who is he? Tell me!”

“No one.”

“Eh~ Feby-ah. You better not keep it secret. I will  find who is he anyway.” I’m running away from Jiyeon and going to the roof. I’m save.

What? Love? It can’t be. How can I falling in love with Taehyung? If I think it back, no wonder if I had a feeling towards him. Yeah, just look at him. Almost perfect at everything. His eyes, his lips, his nose, his hair. He also going well with other.

“Irene~?” what that means? It the rumour true? I can say through the name that Irene is pretty girl. While me? Just a simple and cold. It can’t make sense. I should leave him alone. No! I can’t falling in love. What if he suddenly leaving me? Like dad? How if I’m hurting? No! I should erase this feeling.  Besides, I never know him. It because he nice once to me it doesn’t mean he likes me.