Yong Hwa's Weak Side

I Want To Die For You

 

“Sir, after the whole week of investigation, we still didn’t find any lead in this case. All clue lead to dead-end. What should we do now?” Kyu Hyun asked Mr Kim in their daily meeting one day.

“I know every one of you is very hard work in the past few days, how about a day off for all of you today? This case is a tough one and it would be a long time investigation and I can’t afford to lose anyone of you here now, due to harshness. So go home and have a good rest today and come back with a fresh brain tomorrow to think of any new lead that we missed up in the past.” Mr Kim said.

“Thank you Sir.” The group answered together after they exchanged eyes signal with each other.

“Alright, see you all tomorrow.” Mr Kim turned and walked out from the room.

“So, what do you all going to do after this? I’m going to Motion later, who want to join me?” Kyu Hyun stood up and took the lead. Motion was the pub nearby Kyu Hyun’s house and where the group always hang up in.

“Yeah!” Everyone excitedly put up their hands but someone was missing.

“Yong Hwa-ssi, you don’t want to come?” Kyu Hyun asked as he noticed Yong Hwa did not put up his hand.

“Ne. I’m sorry guys but I have something to do tonight so I can’t join you all tonight. Mianheyo.” Yong Hwa stood up and apologised to the group.

“Gweanchanayo hyung, if you have something important to do tonight, go for it. You still can join us if you have done your task early.” Jung Shin pated Yong Hwa’s shoulder.

“I’ll call you later if I finish early. See you.” Yong Hwa waved goodbye with his group and left them behind.

**************

“Here.” Yong Hwa stood up and gave a hand signal to his guest.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yong Hwa-ssi.” A beautiful girl greeted Yong Hwa as she walked near Yong Hwa’s table.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Do you like to have something to eat or drink?” Yong Hwa gently leaded the girl to her sit.

“Ne. Kamsahabnida. Iced Lemon Tea would do.” The girl smiley answer.

“Waiter, two Iced Lemon Tea, please.” Yong Hwa passed the order to waiter beside them.

“Seo Hyun-ssi, I’m sorry to call you out so suddenly.” Yong Hwa turned to Seo Hyun, who was sitting in front of him.

“Gweanchanayo, I’m free anyway. To tell you the truth, I’m quite shock when I heard you asked me out just now because I never expect you would call me in first hand. Anyway, what do you want to talk about?” Seo Hyun asked.

“Actually, I heard from Jung Shin that you are a psychologist and you always have them to profile the criminal, so I thought I might need your help.” Yong Hwa went straight to his original purpose.

“What kind of help? Don’t tell me that you have any hidden psychology illness.” Seo Hyun ended in joking tone.

“I don’t know if I have any hidden illness or not but it not about me. It’s about one of my old ‘friend’.” Yong Hwa face turned sad when the words friend came out from his month and Seo Hyun saw all of that. It had been her habit to look on someone face when he/she was talking and read that person micro-reaction when he/she was talking.

“What can I help you?” Seo Hyun tone changed to a serious one as she noticed the sadness on Yong Hwa’s face.

“How should I start? My friend and I was childhood friend back in Busan. We had known each other for about 20 years already and we were once the well-known best partner in Busan police but everything had change when his wife-to-be was killed in an accident. He couldn’t accept it and always closed himself up alone in his house until last February. He suddenly disappears from his house and nowhere to find. But the most importantly is that start from that day onward, more and tougher crime case surface in Busan and some of the eye-witness in some case happen to point to the same person, my missing friend.” Yong Hwa stopped awhile before he continued again as the waiter served their drinks.

“In one of the chasing, I happened to catch up with the criminal and he was surely my missing friend but he was not his old self anymore. I can only feel creepy when I look into his face, his face didn’t change physically but the feeling was different. It was like someone very evil that looks like my friend, I don’t know how to explain the feeling. I would not believe he was my friend if he didn’t voice up.”

“Then did you catch on him?” Seo Hyun asked.

“No, because he jumped into the sea and gone missing again since that day.” Yong Hwa’s sadness reached maximum when he recalled his friend.

“I’m sorry about it, but what do you want me to help you on?” Seo Hyun was still did not know Yong Hwa’s real request.

“Actually, the reason why I change to Seoul is because someone had seen my friend, or someone similar to him, here in Seoul. I hope to find him here and bring his old self back. And I hope you can help me in this, can you?” Yong Hwa looked deeply to Seo Hyun face, hoping she would agree to help him.

“Alright, I will help you all I can if you found your missing friend. I think I know what had happen to him, based on your story.” Seo Hyun nodded after seconds of thought.

“Jongmallo? You know what happen to him?” Yong Hwa was a bit surprised with Seo Hyun ability.

“It is just the brief guess, I need to know in detail about your friend and meet him in person first before I can say it for sure.” Seo Hyun pulled her notebook from her handbag and wrote something on it before she torn it down and passed to Yong Hwa.

“This is my personal phone number; you can call this number the next time, not need to call to my office because I might not be in there every time.” Seo Hyun said.

“Okay. Thank you for willing to help me. Gomawoyo.” Yong Hwa kept the phone number in his wallet.

“Aniyo, I’m happy that I could help you. But the charge will still on, are you okay with it? Of course it is with some discount from normal client.” Seo Hyun said.

“Ne, ne, of course, I’m okay with it even you count the normal charge for me. But I have other thought; I will pay the charge in different way.” Yong Hwa chuckled a bit as he say the sentences.

“Different way? How different?” Seo Hyun could not guess what was in Yong Hwa’s mind.

“I will treat you every time we meet up and the money will count in the charge, okay?” Yong Hwa suggested.

“Erm… alright.” Seo Hyun thought there was nothing wrong with the suggestion, since the money she got from the charge was for her daily use too, so she agreed.

“Erm… Seo Hyun-ssi, I’m sorry but my entire team members are waiting for me in the Motion, so I…” Yong Hwa suddenly voice up.

 “Ne, ne. You can go now if you want to.” Seo Hyun knew what Yong Hwa was going to say.

“How about you? How about coming with me?” Yong Hwa invited.

“Ne? A…aniyo. Gwaenchanayo, I’ll stay here a little longer and go home by myself.” This was the second time Seo Hyun got shock by Yong Hwa unexpected move in two hours.

“No, I’ll stay with you and sent you home later if you don’t want to come with me. My mother always told me that a guy mustn’t left a girl go home by herself alone at night.” Yong Hwa sat back down on his place.

“Gwaenchanayo, I’ve used to it already. You can go on.” Seo Hyun was alone in her early year in Seoul before she moved in with Tae Yeon and Sunny, so she was used to going home alone.

“I won’t move from my seat unless you move. I called you out here so your safety is under my care.” Yong Hwa was persisting in this.

“A…arasso. Let’s go.” Seo Hyun knew there was no way to change Yong Hwa’s determination, so she gave up.

************

“Hyung, you’re so late. Oh Seo Hyun-ssi, annyeonghaseyo… you’re with hyung just now?” Jung Shin stood up to greet the late comer.

“Annyeonghaseyo, sorry for coming without inform beforehand.” Seo Hyun bowed to the group as they did the same back to her.

“Aniyo, you’re welcome to join us anytime you want.” Kyu Hyun gave way to the girl to join them.

“It’s my fault. I should have inform you all first before I bring Seo Hyun-ssi with me.” Yong Hwa took the responsibility.

“Don’t blame Yong Hwa-ssi alone, I have some wrong also.” Seo Hyun cut in.

“Awww… you two. Stop ‘protecting’ each other, can you?” Shin Dong stopped the two late comers to take responsibility by their own.

“Yes, that’s right. Oppa, you know the rules right? And Seo Hyun eonni, you must follow the rules too.” Hara pushed a cup of alcoholic drink in front of each of them. This was their group punishment, if someone was late, they had to finish a cup of alcoholic drink in one-shot.

“Mwo? What rules?” Seo Hyun was not sure with the punishment.

“Hara-ssi, Seo Hyun-ssi was not a member of our group, so I will take on her punishment.” Yong Hwa pulled the drink in front of Seo Hyun and drank it in one-shot before he drank his own drink. His action was too fast and no-one could stop him before he finished the drinks.

“OPPA!!! You can’t!!” Hara was trying to stop Yong Hwa but as expected that she was a step late.

“Wae? Is there anything wrong with the drink?” Seo Hyun felt something fishy with Hara’s reaction.

“A… ani…aniyo. Is only the normal cocktail but the… the alcohol concentration is higher than usual. We thought to trick Yong Hwa oppa on this but we didn’t expect him to finish two glasses of that.” Hara shyly confessed.

“Never mind, I can bear on that. But I’m curious how concentrated was the alcohol in the drink, it’s so bitter.” Yong Hwa’s face was getting redder and redder but he still could hold on himself.

“Not much different than normal actually, only 30% more.” Shin Dong answered coolly.

“Mwo? How can you say that is not much different? That’s mean one glass of the drink is about 50% or more alcohol? That’s insane! One glass of that was enough to make a normal guy drunk…” Seo Hyun was shocked with the comment but before she could finish her words, she felt something fell on top of her left shoulder. She turned to her left and found out that Yong Hwa’s head was on her shoulder. Yong Hwa lost in his fight with the drunkenness and fell asleep.

“Hyung! Hyung!” Jung Shin was shock to see Yong Hwa’s sudden collapse.

“Yong Hwa-ssi, gwaenchanayo?” Seo Hyun shook Yong Hwa’s body a bit but Yong Hwa was already in his deep ‘sleep’.

“Jung Shin-ssi, I think we have to send Yong Hwa-ssi back home now.” Seo Hyun turned to Jung Shin.

Jung Shin quickly stood up and went to pick up his hyung but he was stopped by Kyu Hyun. “Go and start the car. I will carry him there.” Kyu Hyun ordered.

*********

“Hyung’s room is the one over there.” Jung Shin opened the front door widely to let Kyu Hyun and Seo Hyun, who were carrying drunken Yong Hwa in, and pointed to the far right blue door.

“What’s happening?” Min Hyuk was in the living room watching TV alone and was shock with the situation.

“We’ll talk later. Open the door first.” Kyu Hyun ordered.

“Ah. Ne, ne.”

**

“He’s quite heavy, you know?” Kyu Hyun said with a sigh after he put down Yong Hwa on his bed.

“Jung Shin-ssi, can you please bring me a small towel for me?” Seo Hyun asked.

“Arasso.”

Seo Hyun went into washroom and came out with a bowl of water in her hand. At the same time, Jung Shin also brought in a towel. Seo Hyun dripped the towel in the water and turned in to dry before she wiped the towel on Yong Hwa face. She repeated the action for three times and the last time she put the wet towel on Yong Hwa’s forehead. Jung Shin, Kyu Hyun and Min Hyuk were only standing beside and watched Seo Hyun’s every moves, with a different thought each other.

“Seo Hyun-ssi was so good to hyung. They would be a good couple soon. Hehe…” Jung Shin thought.

“Would Seo Hyun take care of me like this if I’m the one who got drunk?” Kyu Hyun thought.

“How I wish Sunny-ssi will do that to me if one day I was drunk like hyung.” Min Hyuk thought.

“Let’s go out, don’t disturb hyung’s sweet sleep.” Jung Shin joking said and pushed Min Hyuk together with him.

“I think I better to get going now. Seo Hyun-ssi, how about you? Do you want me to drive you home?” Kyu Hyun wanted to go out from this situation as fast as he can or he might fill with jealousy if he stayed longer in here.

“You can go on first; I’ll call my eonni to pick me up later.” Seo Hyun answered without turning to them.

“Arasso… so, see you.” Kyu Hyun walked out the room and the house alone without any more words.

“Min Hyuk-ssi, can you help me to call Sunny eonni her to pick me up later? I need to go to change the water.” Seo Hyun suddenly stood up and passed her phone to Min Hyuk.

“N…n…ne.” 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello, how is this new chapter? YongSeo first official meeting... hihi... comment pls