Fairy Lights

Pretending to be Asleep

I APOLOGIZEEEEEEEEEE *whispers* I'm sorry I actually have another one coming.. *hides* 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Seokmin guided Soonyoung into their room, hands covering his lover’s eyes.

 

“Can I open my eyes now?”

 

Soonyoung put complete trust in his boyfriend and didn’t question where they were going, not even stumbling on the way there.

 

“Nope~ Just hold on, we’re almost there.”

 

Several steps later, Seokmin removed his hands from the dancer’s eyes. Soonyoung had to blink a few times. The couple was standing in their shared room. The lights were off, but in the middle of an otherwise bare wall hung fairy lights put up in the shape of a large heart, emitting a warm glow. The older of the two stepped closer in awe. The space inside was filled with random pictures with their Seventeen family, snapshots and polaroids from their trainee days that Soonyoung had almost forgotten they had taken, and various decorations (including some Naruto keychains dangling from tacks in the wall, by the way).

 

He smiled softly to himself as his fingers brushed over each photograph and decoration, stopping at a picture in the very center of the heart. It was a printed copy of the selca the couple had taken during the cuddle session from the night they got together. Soonyoung and Seokmin were snuggled up against each other- Seokmin’s arm wrapped loosely around Soonyoung’s waist, and Soonyoung’s hand resting on Seokmin’s chest. They were both smiling brightly in the photo, high on their happiness.

 

The dancer turned back to his boyfriend, who was watching him with a loving gaze.

 

“How did you think of all this?”

 

Seokmin only showed him a stunning smile.

 

“Mm~ Well “Hoshi” means star, right? It’s because you’re my shining star~”

 

Soonyoung chuckled, a grin spreading across his face.

 

“That doesn’t make any sense.”

 

He got a playful pout in reply.

 

“Ehhhh? But the fairy lights!!”

 

“I know~ I know~ I was just kidding.”

 

Soonyoung stepped closer to his beloved boyfriend, wrapping his arms around the taller boy’s neck and pulling him into a kiss.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Happy one month, Soonyoungie~”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

EXTRA:

 

    Mingyu and Jun were peeking from the doorway, taking pictures and recording the couple standing in the dark as their respective boyfriends peeked over their shoulders, quietly giggling.

    

    Chan passed by the four fangirling men and rolled his eyes, continuing down the hallway.

 

    A text notification popped up on the boys’ phone screens.

 

        [TEXT] FROM: Mama Hannie

            You guys are going to send me those, right?

 

        [TEXT] TO: Mama Hannie

            Finnneeeeee. But you have to print them out for us.

 

        [TEXT] FROM: Mama Hannie

            Deal.