TWENTY-SIXTH

He's a Young One

   Just as we stepped out from the movie theater, I involuntarily hugged Taehyung’s arm in an attempt to clear the scene before from my mind. Of all places, why do I have to see Junhwe here? As if there’s only one cinema in the whole Seoul!

 

I’m aware that I was the one who basically pushed him away but why do I have to see him with a girl now? Not to mention a pretty, younger girl at that.

 

I should feel happy that he finally found a girl who is his age since that was what I wanted when I decided to push him away, right? But why do I feel like I’ve just been hit by a truck?

 

The inner question in my head was being left unanswered when I felt Taehyung letting go of his arm from my hold before he held my hand instead –which made me looked up to him. As if he could read the curiosity just by looking in my eyes, he only smiled as he softly said something.

 

“He’s walking towards us with his girlfriend,” That was his only statement as I tried to calm down my feelings and slowly turned my head to look in front.

 

I regretted doing that. Because there he was, looking at me with the same expression as he did when he looked at me that night. I felt like running away to wherever right now, as long as I get away from him.

 

It’s hard to face him once again after that kiss and pretend like I didn’t remember anything when I kept reminding myself of that kiss every night before I go to sleep.

 

“Yeoreum-unnie! I knew it was you and Taehyung-oppa when I saw you two earlier, did you guys watched ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’?” Jihyo asked cheerfully at us while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively at her last words. I only heard Taehyung laughed before he answered her question; I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts and those eyes staring at me to even listen to what he said.

 

We kept that eye contact for a moment longer; Junhwe seemed like he was trying to read my expression.

 

I guessed Taehyung asked Jihyo about her relationship with Junhwe because the next thing I heard was Jihyo laughing heartily at the question before replying with a, “Me? Being this cocky guy’s girlfriend? Not gonna happen in another century, oppa. Besides, he likes older girls more,” as she slapped Junhwe’s back quite roughly, making him let out a painful “Ow! You don’t need to do that!”

 

I blinked in confusion as I glanced up to meet Taehyung’s eyes; he was also equally confused as I was.

 

If they’re not dating, why are they acting so lovey-dovey earlier? They watched romance movie together and held hands earlier! If that doesn’t mean that they’re dating, then what is?

 

Ugh, why am I being so worked up over this anyway? I was the one who pushed him away.

 

We awkwardly continued to stare at their little bickering since we didn’t know what to do to get away from them anyway.

 

“What a weakling, that was just a playful slap.”

“Yeah, says you who have the strength of a wrestler. It’s no wonder Donghyuk doesn’t even spare a glance at you.”

“Yah, you say that again and you’re going to be dead!”

 

Taehyung finally realized that their fight was getting ridiculous as time passes by, so he only stopped them by clearing his throat before saying, “So, I guess we have to go first then. It’s nice meeting you guys,” as he rubbed the back of his neck and smiled awkwardly.

 

Junhwe and Jihyo finally stopped their bickering and looked at us before realizing that they were having this childish fight in front of us; smiling awkwardly. “Sorry about that, goodbye guys! I hope I can see you two again!” Jihyo spoke first before waving at us; smiling brightly. She always has the brightest smile, I wonder why Junhwe said that to her. Donghyuk could be also attracted to her for all they know.

 

I actually waited for Junhwe to say something after I smiled at Jihyo, but nothing comes.

 

Well, I guess there wasn’t anything he wanted to say to me at this kind of time, I thought as I began to turn my heels to walk away from them. “Oh, Taehyung-oppa! I have something to ask you about university applications!” Jihyo exclaimed all of a sudden before she took Taehyung’s arm and bringing him away from us.

 

“So uh, Yeoreum-noona… I—” Junhwe began, finally breaking the silence between the two of us as he rubbed his neck. I looked up at him as I wonder what he wanted to say; it was too sudden for me.

 

A few seconds passed without him saying anything and just kept staring at me like I would speak out the words for him. On second thought, I think I know what he wanted to say.

 

He sighed after a few seconds before he finally decided to say whatever he wanted to say.

 

“It seems like you really didn’t remember anything…” There he was, speaking so informally to me once again. Before, I would’ve to scold him for talking in an informal way with me but now I don’t even bother to correct him or anything since it gives out some kind of ‘we-are-dating’ vibe and I kind of like it.

 

I blinked at him as I contemplated on telling him that I actually remembered what happened that night or not, before I saw his expression suddenly turned sullen. “Who said I didn’t remember anything?” My mouth betrayed me before I even processed what I just said to him. 

 

I felt myself blushed to the root of my hair when his eyes widened in surprise and he stared at me like I just told him I was pregnant or something.

 

Wait, what the hell? I should just shut down my inner thoughts someday; it’s getting even weirder by the day.

 

The corner of his lips tugged into a shy smile; I could even see that he was blushing as well, as evident on how red his ears were. Is this the same Koo Junhwe that I knew before? Even before both of us could say anything, Taehyung and Jihyo were back from God-knows-where and Taehyung only smiled at me before saying, “Sorry for keeping you waiting, let’s go home now.”

 

“Oh, okay.” That was the only answer I could come up with before I my heels to follow him towards the mall entrance.

 

Just before I turned around, I could see Jihyo smiling apologetically at me before patting Junhwe’s back as she said something to him.

 

What was that about, I wonder?

 

*********************************

 

    Seolhyun, Kei and I just stared at Yunhyeong and Jiwon who were excitedly preparing the box for their Secret Santa project this year at the living room. These two always had some plans for Christmas and this year is no exception. As always, my house is the ultimate place for them to hang and they are preparing the paper and box for their project. Apparently, this project required us to draw a name from the box and we have to buy Christmas present for whomever the name that we got but we have to keep it a secret from everyone else until the day itself.

 

It seemed like an okay idea for me, but then I don’t really mind about giving gifts to people.

 

“I can’t believe it’s already Christmas… time flies so fast, don’t you think?” Jisoo suddenly said as she turned her attention from looking at the two guys and watched the Running Man episode that was playing on the television. “I know right, we’re going to be juniors next year…” I replied her as I took my phone and scrolled through my Twitter timeline while sighing.

 

The thought of getting one year older isn’t that interesting to me, especially in my case right now. “Kei-yah, how can you like someone younger than you without even worrying about how old you are compared to him and stuff?” I blurted out the question loudly than I intended to, making everyone around me went silent.

 

Realizing what I just said, I widened my eyes in shock and looked at my friends who were looking at me wide-eyed as well.

 

“.” I cursed at how easily I blurted out that kind of question. I kind of have the thought to roll myself to the sunrise right now.

 

“Glad someone finally realizes her feelings,” I heard Seolhyun said while calmly eating her yogurt, which earned a chorus of laughter from my other friends. “Shut up, shut up, shut up,” I chanted as I hide my face between the small cushion at the couch in an effort to hide my embarrassment along with myself.

 

This is why I hate my friends.

 

“Okay, our box and names are finally done! Now, each of you guys draw one name from the box,” Jiwon announced as he brought the small pink box to each of us, urging us to draw a name. It began with Seolhyun, Jisoo, and it was finally my turn to draw a name.

 

I put my hand inside the box before randomly picking out a small folded paper, before followed by Kei and lastly, Yunhyeong and Jiwon.

 

Those two didn’t even let us see the name written on the paper, telling us that we can only do that tomorrow after everyone in their list draw a name which earned a frustrated groan from all of us.

 

**********************************************

 

    A day before Christmas, we were finally allowed to open the folded paper and we can start to buy a gift for the person we were assigned to. I only stared at Yunhyeong’s announcement in our group chat about the Secret Santa project, hesitating to unfold the paper for a little while.

 

I finally shrugged and decided to unfold the paper and was faced with a name I have been avoiding for a while.

 

Koo Junhwe.

 

I stared at Jiwon’s scrawny handwriting that wrote those three syllables, blinking in disbelief.

 

But then, it’s not like he will know that I’m his secret Santa as long as I don’t tell him anything, right? Oh well, might as well buy something that he likes; maybe a pair of new sports shoes or a mp3 player since he loves music.

 

He will never know if I don’t tell him anything, this is safe. I told myself over and over as I list out several things to buy for him as a gift.

 

All of a sudden, I heard my room door being opened and Chanwoo’s head was peeking through the door.

 

“What is it?” I asked nonchalantly as I quirked an eyebrow at him. He only smiled cutely before asking me, “What do you want for Christmas, noona?” as he invited himself inside my room, stepping towards the bed.

 

“Wait, are you my Secret Santa? You shouldn’t let the person know that you’re her secret Santa, you know,” I commented while looking at him; shaking my head at his innocent self. I’ve always find this side of Chanwoo so adorable, I can never be angry at him for long.

 

Suddenly, his cute smile earlier was replaced with a mischievous one; like a Cheshire cat when he shook his head and said, “No, I’m not your secret Santa. Your secret Santa wanted me to ask you what you want for Christmas, noona.”

 

“In that case, tell my secret Santa to buy a new phone for me since I need a new phone. Preferably an iPhone,” I replied nonchalantly as I lied down on the bed, earning an annoyed groan from Chanwoo.

 

“Whatever, I’m just gonna tell him to just give you a kiss instead,” He remarked as he quickly ran to the door before I could even throw anything at him.

 

From the way Chanwoo was talking about my secret Santa, could it be…?

 

Nay, it wouldn’t be him.

 


A/N: Here's the next chapter!!! I know I'm probably updating too early but I'm trying to squeeze some time into updating this story since I had like 5 assignments to send in next week -_- ugh, I hate college so much. 

The next chapter will be the end of the drama! I know most of you guys are waiting for it hehehe until then, see you guys next week! 

Expected update: 2/5/2016