4th

Five times Kim Namjoon said ‘I love you’ and one time he meant it.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Fourth

 

 

“How did we get stuck together…?”

Namjoon huffed he still couldn’t understand it, as they skimmed aisle by aisle, eyes glancing down towards the small piece of paper; handed to him by Seokjin, hands reaching out for anything that sounded or even looked remotely familiar without a thought in mind to check the price or if it was the right quantity.

It is somewhat obvious that not only was he not meant to be here but also he didn’t want to be here, though somehow, he could deal with his companion at his side.

“What…?”

Taehyung responded pushing the cart through the aisle, shoving it a little faster with a grimace on his face as they passed the vegetable section, slowing it down to a complete stop as he arrived at the fruit section. Namjoon stayed back a little longer picking out the necessities that Seokjin needed knowing that Taehyung wouldn’t be of much help when it didn’t interest him and vegetables certainly didn’t catch his attention as much as fruits, snacks and meat.

In all honesty, Taehyung wasn’t much help at all but he wouldn’t rather be grocery shopping with anyone else. He vehemently rejected both Seokjin and Jimin’s offers to accompany him on his allocated day, going off with the next free person because those two in particular weren’t just stress inducing, they were also polar opposites of each other.

Jimin would get frustrated with him not knowing what anything was, wanting to leave as soon as possible after whinging him four aisles straight about a something he wants. Jin would be patient with his incompetency; towards something as ‘basic’ as grocery shopping, yet, would keeping him chained at his side like a dog, as he weighed each item in his hands calculating, whether it was worth it or not and then a further inner debate on whether to choose it; for twenty minutes straight.

Seriously, he could do without either.

Whereas with Taehyung, he’d feel at ease, because as much as he appears to be a live hyperactive bunny on screen, off screen; and with him in particular, he’s very calm and docile, a man of a few words that sometimes even Namjoon feels the need to make him express himself.

Yet unless necessary, Taehyung rarely goes beyond a smile and perhaps even three words; that’s if he’s lucky, but Namjoon’s never worried, there was nothing wrong with it, they both knew they were comfortable around each other, even as the silence began to envelope around them…

But sometimes the silence was overbearing, wrapping around his neck, like a tight noose and it just made him feel suffocated.

He was suffocating.

There were moments, when they needed to talk, to express themselves.

Like that one time they’d gone parasailing; that was totally one of those moments, and this is also that kind of moment; and yes, he’s still a little bitter about the parasailing thing.

“No, I just mean, you and I, grocery shopping, is just around the same par as Jimin and Hoseok hyung shopping… actually I take that back, we’re far better than them.”

Namjoon explained placing the vegetables in the cart, as he came towards Taehyung; the younger’s gaze lingering over apples and melons as they kept going, since no fruits had been listed on Seokjin’s shopping list.

“Most definitely”

Taehyung respond with a laugh, leaning over to Namjoon’s side again to take a peek at the list before zooming off again and just like that Namjoon had lost their opportunity to talk. Namjoon heaved a sigh, shaking his head in amusement as Taehyung laid across the trolley, resting on his arms, a finger tapping at his lips as he most probably tried to remember what he’d just read off the list.

Slowly, Namjoon began walking towards him until he came across the noodles, those he’d assumed Seokjin had asked for, considering they’re on the list. He found himself sighing at the half aisle dedicated to noodles, half-cursing their eldest member for being lazy with the item on the list that had the most variety but had the gall to write chestnut mushrooms and iceberg lettuce. Now here he was faced with the challenge of finding the perfect flavour of noodles for six men and one nagging mother.

Just great.

Taehyung scratched his nape, debating with himself on whether it was worth making a scene and garnering unwanted attention by calling after Namjoon to assist him with what he’s supposed to be looking for. Quickly, he settled for being discreet and patiently waiting, entertaining himself in the snack section, deliberating which of those he’d already tried and those he’d be willing to.

It’s as pointless as it sounds, but it was a convenient way of passing the time as Namjoon pointed as several noodles humming a tune as though he were trying to make a decision. That reminds him, he’d been looking for noodles. Again he deliberated whether it was worth backing up to Namjoon and perhaps explaining that what he was doing was pretty useless considering Seokjin was exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter