Pretty

Let's Get Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“I’m home.” Yuna crazily plopped down on the sofa with her long legs resting on the wooden table in the front. She removed she socks as usual and the television expecting to find something to tackle her boredom. She loosened the tie around her neck and was about to pop some buttons on her shirt but her routine was interrupted.

“Yuna, manners. Our neighbor is here.” Her mother exclaimed to her surprise. “What?” She looked over the table to find her neighbor of three years staring right back at her with wide eyes. He was in his school uniform as well.  She quickly got up and fixed her uniform, pulling her skirt down a little bit in hopes of covering herself from the guest’s watchful eyes.  She wondered why he was here. He was a great friend of her brother and the two often indulged in scientific adventures, building rockets and other things. Nerdy stuff. Her brother was the one who would usually go to his house but it clearly was not the case at the moment.

“Jong's house is under renovation.” Youngmin cleared her doubts and she gave him a nod before climbing upstairs to her bedroom.

 

 

 

It had been a week since he started to leisurely roam around the house. To say that Yuna was bothered was an understatement. No shorts, no trousers, no sleeveless shirts. It was frustrating and her loner self needed to breathe.

They were playing an intense game of chess while chatting about some latest movie in the theaters. Yuna not-so-casually jogged up to the hall to get some water and she tried to avoid eye contact with him as much as possible. But it was proving to be very difficult with him sitting right across the table.

“...honestly, I prefer short and cute girls.” Youngmin was discussing ideal types with his friend. “Check mate.” He proudly uttered, earning a groan from Youngmin. He noticed her presence and bit his lips in an attempt to hold back his smile.

“Well, I don’t know, I think tall girls are hotter.”  He threw her a look and that was the last straw. She ran out of the room trying to keep calm. 

 

 

They were having dinner with the Kim's. It was the lavish luxury they got used to after dinning with their neighbors for almost all vocations. The dinner went on as usual with the two women discussing about current topics and the dads debating on which football team was better. Youngmin and Jongin would be in their own little geek world. Yuna would slip in a few remarks here and there to not seem like a complete loser/loner. Although she was gradually becoming tired of it, she did her best to seem polite. 

Yuna was the last one to leave the Kim household after dinner since she was forced by her mother to help Mrs. Kim with the dishes. Of course, the poor lady knows nothing about the ordeal. She walked towards the door after wishing her neighbors 'goodnight'. To her surprise, she saw a very tired Jongin with his body lying against the door. He was blocking her way.

He took notice of her. Instead of moving away, he continued to stay still. "Is something wrong?" She asked him with a frown. He shook his head with a smile. "Nothing, noona." He opened the door for her and she smiled at him in return. 

"Noona nomu yeppo..." He began to sing Shinee's famous song when she got out, loud enough just for the both of the them to hear. And she swore, her heart skipped a beat. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So why are we here again?” Krystal asked as she flipped through her horrendous chemistry book which looked like the perfect nightmare to every student who barely listened in class. Everyone beside her threw her a look of ‘Are you serious?’ before getting back to their freaking business, that is studying. Even her own boyfriend, Sehun was avoiding her today. They were the complete opposite, Sehun was a normal student with average grades and Krystal on the other hand was the outstanding student who spent most of the time getting grounded and being forced to stand outside the room as punishment. An outstanding student indeed. 

“Krys, midterms, remember?” Yuna answered back with her resting face.

“Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding!” Krystal grumpily uttered, raising her voice a litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter