[two]

With Hugs and Kisses

Current mood: bored

Current song: Kontrol--Kim Sung Kyu


'So how was it?'

 

Jong kook groaned as his mother leaned in. He couldn't cut his steak properly right now. 'What is it?'

 

'The it. You know what I am talking about.'

 

'What?' Jong kook grew impatient. How was he supposed to eat when his mother was leaning so much into him as if she wanted to kiss him?

 

'That thing! God, you are impossible! The girl friend issue! Is your brain too small that you couldn't remember things? Oh no, I have given birth to a mentally retarded son.' She went slump in her chair and Jong Kook was grateful. Dinner time, finally.

 

 'First, I am not mentally retarded. You never stated the thing you were implying was the issue about girlfriends.' Jong kook cut off a piece of meat and took a bite. Hmm, delicious. 'Secondly, I did remember about your constant nagging of finding a girlfriend, mother dear.' He tried not to choke on the last word.

 

'Oh!' She suddenly yelled.

 

'What is it, mother? We are in a restaurant so please behave.' Jong kook calmly took another bite of steak. Well, not a surprise anyways. He had seen his mother hyperventilating for no reason for many times already.

 

'Look at the boys on the TV! Aren't they cute?'

 

Jong kook sighed. 'Mother, what idol group have you gotten yourself into this time?'

 

'Infinite! Oh my god, Woo Hyun is too cute for my little heart to take! Oh! And L!'

 

'...I thought it's BTS two weeks ago.'

 

'Darling! You do remember BTS! I am so proud of you.' She patted affectionately on Jong Kook's shoulders. He dared not to gag. 'But hey, isn't Woo Hyun cute? Who says I can't like two groups at the same time?'

 

'Of course. Don't forget to mention Exo, Super Junior, Beast, 2pm, and so many other groups that I couldn't even name.' Jong kook rolled his eye, ignoring his mother's fangirling deliberately.

 

'Yah! How dare you forget the names! It's Got7, and SHINee, and Big Bang, and Winner, and...'

 

'Can't believe you are fangirling over random boy's group instead of the fact that your son has found a girlfriend.' Jong kook sighed wearily.

 

That perked her ears up. 'Whaaaaat? You have a girl friend? Who is it? Why don't you tell me earlier!'

 

'...you were head over heels on those ugly boys, mum. Ouch! Why hit me!'

 

‘Just get on with the details, stupid! And L is handsome, I beg your pardon!’

 

She was annoying. ‘Well, you knew the girl…’

 

'Huh? Could that be Yoon Eun Hye?’ His mother frowned. ‘I thought you broke up with her last month or so…’ No not the leopard boxers! ‘…and honey bear I saw the video of you dancing in leopard boxers!’

 

Damn it. ‘How did you even access to that clip?’

 

‘Well apparently your mother knows how to use Facebook and knows how to download videos. Don’t worry, son, I won’t tell the world that you have broken up with a girl and go dancing in boxers on the rooftop!’ She patted Jong Kook’s shoulders in a reassuring manner that wasn’t reassuring.

 

‘…you just did.’

 

‘Gosh just get back to our initial topic. I am excited. Who is your girlfriend? Is she pretty?’

 

‘You may not be able to guess it, or believe it, or predict it – hell I couldn’t even predict that she would become my girlfriend—but that’s the truth and I certainly didn’t bargain her into a Running Man Fans Ticket deal…’

 

‘Just tell me!’

 

‘…but well, it’s Song Ji Hyo.’

 

‘…What?’

 

‘You heard me, mother. Song Ji Hyo.’

 

Jong Kook was suddenly afraid to look at his mother. Did he just blurt out too much information to his mother?

 

‘Mother?’ He couldn’t stand the awkward silence.

 

‘Oh. My. God. Oh my god oh my god! You two are my OTP! I knew it, son, when she first went to our house on a playdate! Aw this is so cute! I have to write it in my fanfiction somewhere. Oh my muse is come flooding into my brain! Wait, just let me grab a pen and a paper to write this down…’ His mother began rummaging through her bag.

 

‘Wait? What? You wrote fanfictions about me?’

 

‘YES! You and Ji Hyo! I knew you two are perfect for each other so I signed up an AFF account thirteen years ago! I can finally activate my account now! Honey I am so proud of you!’

 

‘Urgh…’He should have known it. That was the reason why he often found his mum giggling in front of the computer like a lunatic. Of course! Fan fictions!

 

‘Aren’t you proud of your mother too? Huh?’

 

‘Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever.’ Jong Kook cut another piece of meat and put it into his mouth. The steak suddenly didn’t taste so good.

-----

 

‘You’d better hurry up and say something useful, Kim Jong Kook, or else I am gonna kill you for waking me up at 1am.’

 

‘What? How can you be sleeping now? 1 am is supposed to be my working time.’ Jong Kook stopped slurping his cup noodles and asked in amazement. ‘Wait. Never mind. I don’t want to know. You were probably sleeping all day long.’

 

‘Shut up Kim Jong Kook. I will give you 10 seconds the reason why you called me at this wee hour.’

 

‘Wee hour? Seriously? It’s only one o’clock!’

 

‘Ten, nine, eight…’

 

‘And I am older than you, Song Ji Hyo, so call me Jong Kook oppa instead of my full name.’

 

‘Five, four , three..’

 

‘Urgh! Fine! I told! I told my mum about us!’

 

‘Two…you WHAT?’

 

‘I told her about our relationship! And I don’t want to repeat it twice so listen up Song Ji Hyo!’

 

‘Our relationship as in our fake dating or our real dating?’ Ji Hyo sounded anxious now. ‘I mean, the real-not-real dating.’

 

‘The second one. The whatever real-not-real dating, to put it in a way.’

 

‘You just scared the hell out of me, dude.’ Jong Kook heard some shuffling on the other side of the phone. Must be her sitting on her bed. ‘Well, I guess we have to make up a story together, then.’

 

‘Oh right! I haven’t thought about this.’ Jong Kook scratched his head. ‘I hate to admit it, but you are actually better in this fake-dating thing than I am.’

 

‘Of course.’ Ji Hyo laughed. ‘Now, what should we tell our potential audiences—namely my mum and your mum—how we end up dating each other?’

 

‘Just say something like I was studying in the library and you were a regular library fan too, and we always sat at the same study table, and you were beautiful—‘

 

‘I can’t believe it, Kim jong kook. I have been your best friend for about fifteen years and you’re implying that I like to go to the library? That’s…totally untrue.’

 

‘I am sorry. I forgot you are a regular club goer.’ Jong Kook scoffed. ‘And manners, Song Ji Hyo. The oppa.’

 

‘Kim Jong Kook… oppa. Urgh.’ Ji Hyo gagged. ‘Sounds so wrong.’

 

‘I should have sent you to some all-girls manner school to learn. At least you would have learnt something useful like basic greetings and those fundamental stuff.’

 

‘Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever you say.’ He could hear a small thud on the phone. ‘! The floor is so cold!’

 

‘, wear you slippers. And mind your language.’

 

‘Shut up. I am wearing my slippers now—wait! Yes! Blueberry muffins please!’ Ji Hyo suddenly yelled. ‘Yes! Thank you—oh sorry, oppa, I was telling my roommate to buy me something to eat.’

 

‘Haven’t had your dinner yet?’

 

‘Nah. Was doing some paperwork but fell asleep midway.’

 

Jong Kook suddenly felt pity for the girl. Well, besides the fact that she just called him oppa (for the first time in this month) and she didn’t have dinner ‘cause she was too busy at her work, she was his best friend for years and he couldn’t stand seeing her eating a hard and cold muffin from that crappy school canteen when the current temperature was about -3 degree Celsius.

 

‘Care for a dinner together? Or rather—a midnight snack?’ Jong Kook asked.

 

‘Thought you had dinner.’

 

‘It doesn’t hurt to have another, since I am a bit hungry as well. And you know—we can talk about the making up story issue when eating. I hate wasting money on phone conversations.’

 

Well, it’s not like he hadn’t eaten dinner with her before—they were best friends, afterall. But was it the fake-dating that made the whole thing awkward? It sounded weird for him to ask her out now. As if he was asking her on a date.

 

‘Your treat?’ Ji Hyo asked after a few moments of silence.

 

‘Yeah. Mine.’ Jong Kook groaned inwardly. Oh, his nearly-empty wallet.

 

‘Okay. Count me in.’

 


The advertisements of Infinite XD I am sorry (not)

I just went to their concert two days ago and it was perfect <3

Just let me vent out my post concert depression here /sighs/

 

 

till next time :D

(first time updating at this quick speed wow)