[three]

With Hugs and Kisses

 

Current mood: sleepy

Current song: Rain -- Taeyeon


 

‘Wah…Toppoki~’

 

Jong Kook could smell the savoury aroma even from a long distance. It was a pleasant smell, the rich and spicy scent of the red sauce wriggling its way into his nose as the ajumma placed the dish onto the table.

 

‘And two fish cake soup too. Please enjoy your meal.’

 

‘Thank you.’

 

Jong Kook watched as Ji Hyo swung her spoon into the plate and took a huge bite of the rice cake. ‘Urgh! So hot!’

 

The red sauce dripped from the spoon onto the table and spread like blossoming flowers. Jong Kook chuckled. ‘Are you retarded?’

 

‘You know you can shut up when circumstances calls, right?’ Ji Hyo rolled her eyes and wiped furiously on the table with tissue. Thank god it didn’t drip on her clothes.

 

Jong Kook ignored her and continued to eat. This situation looked so familiar to him. As if it’s Déjà vu. If everything went on the planned path, the next thing she’s gonna do was to accidentally flip over the soup while she was busy cleaning up…

 

‘Ouch!’

 

There, there. The bowl was flipped in an unpleasant angle. Luckily Ji Hyo was fast enough to react and place the bowl back on the right place, but some soup were still spilled.

 

Oh. It’s not déjà vu. He must have seen it in some kind of boring drama that he was forced to see with his mum! Or did it really happen on his mom…?

 

Anyways, the next step should be the male character comforting the female character, telling her that everything is going to be all right. Then the male character should help the female character clean up the mess.

 

But Jong Kook was a jerk, so he continued to slurp his soup.

 

It was until the ajumma of the little shop came and tried to help by wiping a towel over the mess, but it seemed to get worst. A few grease spots on Ji Hyo’s trousers were clearly visible.

 

Well, even though it was mean to laugh at them, but the situation suddenly turned into some kind of drama with the two female characters fighting over a boy—but this time the boy was the soup.

 

He laughed.

 

Ji Hyo glared at him.

 

-----

 

‘I still can’t imagine that you could laugh at me when I spilled over the soup.’

 

Jong Kook shrugged his shoulders. ‘It was like a comedy to me. First, the female character did some bad things to the male character, which was the soup, and the second female role came and tried to help. But it got worse. The soup was so furious that it decided to suicide and jump onto your trousers. You know what? You two were acting like two idiots fighting over a boy…’

 

‘Shh! The ajumma could hear us!’ Ji Hyo suddenly lowered her voice.

 

Jong Kook snapped his head up and widened his eyes as he saw the ajumma looking at their direction with a menacing glare. He gulped. She must have inhibited some superpowers. Or else how on earth could she hear their conversation from such a far distance away?

 

…He forgot that they were the only customers in the restaurant.

 

He turned back his head, and he was suddenly facing a super shocked Song Ji Hyo.

 

‘What is that shocked expression for?’ Jong Kook bit a rice cake. He had known Ji Hyo for long that he knew she would be hyperventilating as his mom love to do for no reason.

 

‘Woah. I can’t believe you can open your eyes. I mean, your eyes are so small that I don’t necessarily see it.’ Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook with the expression like she had discovered a new piece of land.

 

‘And should I take that as an insult? Or compliment?’

 

‘Oh compliment of course. I am the first person who would fangirl over your eyes! Shouldn’t you be glad?’

 

No. Because you are the only retarded person who would fangirl over the size of someone’s eyes. Jong Kook thought silently, sighing at the girl’s dumb reactions.

 

‘Anyway, back to the main reason of us eating at midnight. We are here to talk about the plan.’ He coughed, diverting his gaze away from Ji Hyo’s stare. ‘I have told my mother about us, not the fake-dating part but the dating part, and she was so excited about it…ya Song Ji Hyo were you listening to me?’

 

‘Ah? Were you yelling my name Jong kook ssi?’

 

‘Yeah. Snap yourself out of your dreamy state of fangirling over my, um, small eyes.’ Jong Kook continued. ‘So now only my mum knew about our ‘dating’. Should we tell your mother about it too?’

 

‘Yes, I think so.’ Ji Hyo finally tore her stare away from him and started to play with the plastic wrap of her chopsticks. ‘I am sure your mother will talk to my mother to confirm about it. And they will be poking their noses into our friends’ circle…oh right! Friends! We have to act like a couple in front of our friends too!’

 

He groaned. ‘Right…I haven’t thought about this before. We have to act all couple-like in front of others. Damn, this is harder than I thought.’

 

‘Says who? I have to give up the handsome boy whom Naeun wanted to introduce to me a few days ago. Oh, good bye, my love, I will forever remember you~’

 

‘As if you have known him for a long time. You haven’t even met him. How would you even call him your love?’ Jong Kook rolled his eyes.

 

‘Hey! A chance is a chance, and that was only a chance wasted. I was just imagining my married life with him. What’s the problem with that?’

 

‘Married? What the heck, dude.’

 

‘He is handsome!’

 

‘Tell me about him, then.’ Jong Kook leaned back into his chair and smirked.

 

‘His name is Kim Soo Hyun, he is one year older than me, he is studying in faculty of medicine, he is 180cm, and … urgh… he is handsome?’

 

‘Those are just some basic facts about him. You should know him by person before judging the possibility of hanging out with him, or marry him, to an extreme.’ Jong Kook folded his arms and said sternly. He didn’t know why do this bother him so much, but the fact of seeing Song Ji Hyo marrying others made him feel…weird.

 

‘Yah! I was just joking. Why so serious?’ Ji Hyo rolled her eyes and popped the last rice cake into . ‘You are a boring piece of wood. All right, I am full. Let’s just get on with the plans.’

 

‘First, you should let your mother know about us dating. And then we have to act like a pair of couple in front of your friends and my friends. After two months, you will receive a fan meeting ticket and a stack of official post cards. Then we will announce we have broken up but decide to keep on friendly terms. Deal done.’ Jong Kook summarized the whole plan.

 

‘So our next step is…let my mother know about it.’

 

they have finally settled on their plans! hip hip hurray~

this is quite a bridging chapter so it might be a little bit boring (?)

so that's it. till next time :)