Eventful First Day

How Deep Is Your Love?

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 1: Eventful First Day

 

 

 

"Isn't she the girl with no parents??"

 

"I heard she was abandoned.."

 

"If she has no parents then who raised her?? She looks too fat to have starved"

 

 

 

These were the usual everyday comments of my classmates. To be honest there were things you got use to and others you don't, these comments were don'ts. It's true I wasn't as skinny as I should be, but I was not by all means fat. The only reason why I wasn't all skin and bones is because the neighbours were an old couple that would occasionally leave food at the door of my house for me. It was odd though; that even if they would feed me, they have never talked to me before; no one has really.. And that answer was simple in my eyes..

 

They all think I'm a feral child

 

My entire life, since the day I was born I had no parents, no guardians; I'm smart enough however to know that someone had to have raised me and taught me to care for myself because even I know that no normal baby from day 1 will get up and know how to take care of itself instantly. But who.. I don't know. I know it wasn't any of the neighbours that lived around me, mainly because of the way they looked at me, but all I know is someone did..

 

 

"HEY FERAL KID!!"

 

Argh if things were ever to get better for me it most definately wouldn't happen in High School.

 

I ignored the kid and looked up at the big, and rather expensive building, and snarled. This school is the last place I'd ever want to be, it's bad enough I'm called feral, but to put me in a school with snobby, my--don't-stink, rich kids and it seems like my torment will be instensified ten fold.

 

'Why must it be me that's being punished?? I must've been some horrible person in my past life'

 

I walked up the stairs reluctantly. 'Even the stairs of this school look expensive' the stairs were white and gold, the steps coloured white and the edges had gold plates.

 

"HEY WATCH OUT!!"

 

All I saw was his foot and my mind instantly knew how many steps to take back and to lean my back a bit; my hands instantly going to his shoulders to stop him from tumbling anymore forward. I sighed in relief, even though my observation skills were abnormal and highly skilled for as long as I've known, it still surprises me.

 

'All I saw was his foot and I already knew how he was gonna move, how he would fall.. how to stop him'

 

"Wow"

 

I looked up only to see wide, brown eyes staring back at me. His hair was short and dark, his skin constrasting it by being a pale white. But his most noticeable features would've been his ears. They were big, kinda reminded me of an elephant. The body and height of a giraffe but the ears of an elephant; that's the only way I can describe this guy.

 

"I- I'm.. Ahh"

 

His voice was deep, far too deep for his face that's for sure. I stared at him with analyzing eyes as he tried his best to get words out of his mouth.

 

"You are clumsy" His eyes seemed to go even wider at the sound of my voice "Your legs are very long and suitable for someone who has two left feet, judging the way your foot was placed I'm guessing you dropped something, went to go pick it up, only to trip over you leg. If I hadn't been here odds are you would've hit every step until you reached the bottom, you would've had a concusion and some broken bones but you'd be able to come to school within a month"

 

And with that I walked past him, ignoring his gaping mouth, trying to avoid as much talking as I can, not wanting it to lead to introductions and then talking about personal life. I don't want that, I don't want it at all.

 

I walked past a group that consists of 11 boys and 4 girls, they were his friends, I could tell by the way they looked at him, and at me. But I don't care, they couldn't do anything to me, not as long as I have these eyes, no one can touch me.

 

I walked into school and took it all in. "So this is SM High huh??''

 

Ignoring the looks of shock and disgust, I walk the halls, with my head high. It was all I can do, sure even after all these years it still hurt to be an outcast, but there's nothing I can do about it, I have tried but it just got me more disgusted looks so I just gave up and continued on with my head held high.

 

Well I've got biology first, not my most favourite subject but you gotta do what ya got to do, now the problem is.. Where the heck is this class??

 

"Ummm Hello??"

 

I turn and see a short, snow coloured skinned girl, with brown hair and even browner eyes. I stood there with my mouth open. This girl.. She's perfect.. I felt my heart beat as fast as it's ever gotten and my cheeks heat up. I've never felt this way before, am I getting sick??!!!

 

I started to panic. 'But I've never been sick before, but I've also never felt like this before either. Crap, crap, crap'

 

"Oh my god are you ok??"

 

She came towards me and touched my arm, her face showing genuine concern.

 

'Oh god, now she's touching me' Her touch made my heart go haywire and my skin feel like hot metal, her scent invading my nose and clouding my senses.

 

"Gosh you poor thing you're heating up! Come with me I'll take you to the nurses office" It wasn't until I felt her arm wrap around my waist

 

"I'm ok, I was just.. Thinking" I looked down at the ground, seeing her cute little feet. 'So cute'

 

"Oh well then" She smiled at me "You looked kinda lost so I thought I'd come over and help, what class do you have?" She gave a quick peek at the timetable in my hands and smiled widely "Hey we're in the same class!! This is great we can walk together"

 

She wrapped her arm around mine and I felt lite and heavy at the same time. This woman.. She's the first person that's ever made me fell like this yet at the same time she's the first time that anyone has ever talked to me. Is this what it feel like to get attention.

 

"My name is Taeyeon by the way, Kim Taeyeon. And you are?" She looked at me as we started walking, that beautiful smile never leaving her face.

 

"My name is.. It's.. My name is Jessica, Jessica Jung" I somehow out of the haze of her control manage to smile back at her, causing her smile to go even wider to the point where her nose scrunched a bit and made her look like a dork.

 

"It's very nice to meet you Jessica Jung, I'm sure we're gonna be great friends"

 

A friend.. My first friend...

 

"Omo!! Are you ok?!!" I felt her wipe her thumb along my cheek, feeling a long streak leaking out of my eye.

 

I quickly shake my head and wipe away my tears. "I'm ok I-"

 

I grabbed Taeyeon's waist and switched our positions, my left arm going behind me acting as a guard as my right arm reaches out and catches the basket ball that had been aimed at , what was meant to be Taeyeon's head. The ball hit my hand with such force I had to take a step back just to stop from falling over.

 

The ball fell from my hand in a straight line, not having enough force to even get a little bounce. And once it fell, I saw the culprit.

 

He was the definition of a Kingka, blonde hair, sharp features, plump lips, and he was so unbelieveably tall, the most tallest man I've ever seen. He wore a smirk on his face, as his followers snickered, even though he got their attention, I could see the disapointment in his eyes from not actually hitting his target.

 

'He.. He intentinally tried to hurt Taeyeon.. That ball was aiming for her head' I could feel my blood boiling, I bent down and gripped the ball hard, entending my arm as long as it can go 'I will return the favour' and with that, almost with the speed of a sling shot, my arm threw the ball and smacked the blonde in the head before he had any time to react.

 

I loud "Oof" was heard before the sound of a body hitting the marbled floor came afterwards. Many loud gasps were heard throughout the hallway, a girl wearing an unnecessary amount of make up ran to his side; desperately checking him for any injuries. The entire school went silent, so silent that you could hear cotton drop. The blonde male sat up and rubbed his head, he looked angrier than ever.

 

"WHO THROUGH THAT?!!"

 

The students all looked at me, some even pointing. His eye shot to me, softening for a bit, before going back to stone cold anger "YOU!!"

 

I wasn't scared, years of bring alone left me with no fears. Instead of cowaring like everyone expected me to I started walking towards him, the muttering of people asking if I had a death wish not phasing me.

 

Within a few inches of his still fallen body, I stopped and stared down at him. That only angered him more.

 

"You little.. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!"

 

I picked up the ball and spun it around on my finger "My name is Jessica Jung and I think you owe my friend an apology"

 

And for sure I could've seen steam coming out of his ears.

 

My first day and I've already made enemies of the kids who run the school. I look back at Taeyeon. 'But I also made my first friend, they were in the wrong, if I wasn't here she would've been hurt..''

 

I grabbed the blondie's hand and starteded pulling him towards Taeyeon.

 

"H- HEY!!-''

 

"You have to apologise to my friend" I stopped him in front of Tae and he looked ready to protest until I had looked him in the eyes, his knees buckling and push him down onto his knees.

 

"Kris..." I could hear the name escape Taeyeon's lips as she stared at the blonde in shock. She looked ready to cry and ran away, I of course already knew she was gonna run so I was right behind her, blocking everyone who tried to grab her. She didn't stop until she fell, I stopped and sat next to her on the floor.

 

"J-.. Jessica.." Her voice was trembling and some how I knew..

 

My arms wrapping around her instinctively.

 

I wonder what happened to her.. For her to react like this..

 

 

Meanwhile in the hallway, Kris stayed on his knees, eyes wide and body trembling.

 

'Her eyes.. They.. They did something to me..'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------.-------------------------------

 

 

 

 

And that's it for now folks :D sorry if it wasn't all that great but I tried my best T^T Also I tried to fit as much of everyone as I can all while noting down Jessica's observation skills, the reason why they're referred to as "Those" or "These eyes" is for a reason ;)

 

Also there is more to Taeyeon and I tried to speed up Taengsic's relationship all while not making too sped up ;~;

 

Sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes but I'm a lazy writer as you can tell T^T

 

 

Until next time. BYEEEEEEE!!!