Final

Summer, Beach and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesterday, after the long conversation, he gave me an idea of us being a couple for a day. I was hesitated for a while, but then I wanted to give it a shot. I agreed with him and for the rest of the day, he pampered me. He awake the childish side of me that I’ve never thought I would show that side to Daniel. Before sunset, we walked together on the sea shore, dipping our foot to the water. When the sunset came, we decided to enjoy it in front of his bungalow. We kissed until the sun disappeared on the horizon.

I felt like I was having a Déjà vu, that I’d belonged to his embrace since forever. He took me to the restaurant for dinner and still flirting with me.

“You’ll be a good lover, Daniel-ssi.”

“I’ve learned enough and thanks to you, I could try how to be a good lover.” He winked at me.

I knew that’s only an act, but I couldn’t help but feeling the hotness in my cheeks. “Damn you, Daniel-ssi.”

He let out a crisp laugh. “You can’t curse to your boyfriend, even it’s only one-day boyfriend, you know.”

“Correction. We still have tomorrow, so you’re my two-day boyfriend.”

“Whatever you call it, cutie.” Then he blew a kiss to me.

***

 

It’s a sunny day as usual and today was the last day of my holiday, me and Daniel’s holiday to be exact. We planned to do parasailing and snorkeling in the morning, spending entire evening to do sight-seeing, and I would pack my belongings and moved to his bungalow to spend our last night together. I found out that we had booked the same flight back to Korea and we promised to go to airport together. Like the day before, he made me like I was the most precious thing in the world. He would feed me, opened the car door for me and the other small things he did.

Seungri also did the same thing for me, actually, but then maybe I was used to be treated well by him that I forgot to appreciate the little things he did to me. When we’re eating lunch, I took out my phone and started to write a text for Seungri.

 

Hi sweetheart, what are you doing?

I miss you

 

Then I smiled. Maybe I really needed Daniel to remind me how precious Seungri was to me. Daniel caught me smiling into my phone.

“Miss him already?”

“Of course. It’s me who is having an affair with you, but why texting him feels like that I’m cheating on you?”

“It’s because you’re my lover now, Jagiya.”

“Stop with the ‘jagiya’ things, Daniel-ssi. I don’t like ‘jagiya’.”

“So, what do you want me to call you?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “But for you maybe it’s ‘cutie’?”

“Then I will call you ‘kitty’? Rhymes with ‘cutie’, though.” He giggled.

I cringed so hard upon hearing ‘kitty’. “Sappy cutie.”

 

Then I felt a vibration on my pocket. It must be Seungri’s reply, but I decided to ignore it for a while. I wanted to make my affair to the fullest. Silly thought, but maybe I would never have the same chance again in my life. Being with Daniel made me realize my wrongdoings and I really had to talk with Seungri. Nevertheless, he's the one I chose to be with for the rest of my life.

I actually grew fond for Daniel, but it’s not the same feeling when I was with Seungri. Indeed Daniel was a good man, but he’s not Seungri.

Why it took me almost half a year to pull myself together?

 

“By the way, Taeyang-ssi.” He put the fork and knife beside his plate and stared at me. “I don’t intend to ruin the fun but… You know, there will be an end to this relationship, don’t you?”

“Of course I know that. Why?”

“I realize that there’s a slight curiosity in my head—I want to know more about you. Heck, I like you, Kitty.” He looked at me with this longing eyes. “But I can’t continue this feeling. Not when I know you’re married.”

I became quiet. I didn’t know what to say to him.

“Let’s promise each other, that after we’re back to Korea, we won’t search for each other. It’s for our own sake. Let’s not asking for contact, let’s forget each other, and let’s not fall in love.”

I felt like there’s a big hammer hit my chest. I did know that these were for our sake, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter