III

Summer, Beach and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was peeking at the horizon, but I had woken up since two hours ago. I decided to run along the shore and enjoying the sunrise. The fishermen were coming back from the sea. Some of them smiled and nodded at me. I nodded and smiled back. What a nice sight to start the day. I ran until the end of the bungalow complex –the restaurant. Then I remembered that I still had bandage on my hand.

I stared at the bungalow not far from the restaurant -it was Daniel’s. I chuckled at the thought of lying to him. Of course I could change the bandage myself, I wasn’t that dumb. But he’s just so charming that I was intrigued to get to know him more. His caramel and glistening skin made me couldn’t put my insomnia to sleep. Also his abs; it’s haunting me.

I shook my heads. Why did you act like this, Youngbae?

I walked towards his bungalow. It’s impossible that he’s woken up at this early morning, right? I put the towel around my head in case he caught me walking to his bungalow. Why should I feel like I was a thief? Suddenly, the door was opened. Damn! My heart skipped a beat. I was about to run away from his bungalow, until I heard.

“Hey! Taeyang-ssi!”

I froze in my place.

“Taeyang-ssi! Good morning!”

I turned to face him and gave him an awkward smile. “Good morning, Daniel-ssi.”

“You woke up early!”

“So did you. How did you know it was me?”

“Your hand, of course. How do you feel? Did you caught a fever?”

“No, I’m fine. Thanks to you. The first aid helped me so much.”

“Did you came here to change your bandage?”

‘Ehmmm… No, actually. I just want to meet you’ was the sentence that I wanted to say, but instead I said, “Actually yes. But then I haven’t showered yet. I guess it’s better to bath first and then change the bandage.”

“Well, you can come back again.” He smiled brightly.

“I guess so.” I nodded. I saw his damp hair. He’d showered already, huh? I tried to smell his scent, but all I had was the smell of the sea and mine. Ugh! He wore the sleeveless shirt again. Why did you have to torture me by hiding that perfect abs I saw last night?

“Do you have plan for breakfast?” His voice took me back into reality. I saw he put his hands in the pockets of his shorts.

“Uhmm… I don’t think so. Why?”

“I was about to buy some fish and oysters from the local fisherman and make some seafood soup. I wonder if you would join me to eat breakfast.”

I had to press the urge of jumping here and there upon hearing the invitation. “Oh, I would love to. It’s been a while since the last time someone making me a breakfast.”

“Nice! You could take a bath first while I am going to buy the ingredients.”

“Is there something I could help?”

“Well, it’s better to have more hands in the kitchen since I’ll cook not only for myself.”

“I have some vegetables in my refrigerator. I will be back here in… Forty five minutes?”

He nodded. “It’s settled then. See you forty five minutes later!” Then he waved his hands and walked away.

I giggled.

I guessed this was the excitement of having an affair, huh?

***

 

After I showered, I went back to Daniel’s bungalow. But then he hadn’t come back, so I had to wait. Before long, I saw Daniel came from afar while chatting to someone. From the looks, the other man must be a local and might be the fisherman he bought the fish and oysters from. Daniel brought quite a big plastic bag with him. I saw he shook hands with the man and the man waved his hands to Daniel. He walked to the bungalow and then realized that I’ve been there. He ran while searching for his key.

“Sorry Taeyang-ssi. I was carried away when choosing the fish. I hope you don’t mind.”

“I don’t, actually. It’s not been a long time. I just arrived maybe five minutes ago?”

“Well, then.” He opened the door and let me in. “Welcome to my bungalow. Ah, it’s the same with yours anyway. Please. Let me change the shirt first and then I will take care of your hand. Or if you want, you could go to the kitchen first.”

I was surprised. Ah, yeah. My hand. “Ah okay.” I brought my bag and his bag to the kitchen and began to take out the ingredients. I put the fresh fish and oysters on the sink and I sat on the chair. I sighed. It’s usually me who cooked for Seungri.

He did sent me some texts and I just ignored those texts again. I took out my phone.

 

Baby-Bae. Should I go to Bali right now?

What should I do to make things right?

 

I scoffed and finally wrote a reply for him.

 

Don’t come to here. I’ll be back on Sunday. Satisfied?

 

I put my phone back to my pocket. Daniel came to the kitchen and brought the same items when he took care of my hand. He sat in front of me and opened the bandage.

“Does it still hurt?”

I shook my head.

“Okay.” He proceeded to clean the wound, put some things on the wound, binding my hand again, and then smiled when it finished.

Naughty thought came to my mind. “So, you didn’t kiss the wound again?” I smirked.

His eyes got bigger upon hearing my sentences, but then he huffed a laugh. “Skies, Taeyang-ssi!”

“Maybe the wound will heal faster than before?”

“You believed that?”

I laughed with him. A bitter laugh. I kind of hoping that he would kiss the wound again, actually. Then he stood up and p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter