the new boy

I'm scared 'cause you're beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter always felt like the worst time to be in school since the heating was never on and everyone was cold. He would sit breathing into his clasped hands for a slight bit of warmth until the spring came. But even if it was cold, Howon wouldn't focus on school work. He was 13 going on 14 and he thought he knew best, so decided to doodle on his desk instead. Howon sighed, his shaking hand wrote "Howon + Hyorin" on his desk and drew a heart around both names. He felt his cheeks heat and just as he was about to rub it off his friend Woohyun took a glance at his desk.

"God... You're such an idiot!" Woohyun laughed. 

"Shut up!" Howon growled rather loudly causing the teacher to turn away from the board at the front of the class. 

"Hey!" Mr. Choi said. "Lee Howon, cut it out!" 

"Sir, Woohyun started it!" Howon whined. 

Woohyun raised his hands as if to surrender. "Me? I did no such thing!" 

Mr Choi walked up to Howons desk and whacked the ruler onto the drawing. "What's this? Howon and Hyorin with a heart. How sweet." 

The whole class erupted in laughter except Howon and Hyorin who buried her face into her hands. 

"Defacing school property and speaking in class! I won't tolerate it. Stand outside the classroom, I'll speak with you in a moment." 

Howon walked out of the class with his head hung low. His cheeks were red as a tomato and he could feel his ears burn as people whispered when he walked by. He stoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter