Chapter 3

I'm Suicidal for You

Sunggyu landed his pretty arse in the hospital again after two years with a broken wrist, one black eye and bruised knuckles. He had gotten involved with a scuffle with the opposition in the court just after the judge announced his decision. There was an uproar when his client won the case and before he knew it, he was alternating between defending himself and beating the other lawyer.

 

Sunggyu admitted to himself at least, it felt good breaking that pompous jerk's nose.

 

Lee Howon had it coming anyway. They had been butting heads from law school and the score was currently in Sunggyu's favour. It didn't help that Howon was Sungjong's best friend hence Sunggyu had to see him even outside court. Between the two of them, Sunggyu was sure he would commit double homicide in five years, breaking Howon's nose was a good practice.

 

The bruised knuckles sure worthed it.

 

Sunggyu was typing on his phone with one hand, managing his schedule for tomorrow when the door opened.

 

"Sorry for the wait, there was an emergen-" The doctor trailed off and Sunggyu looked up at the man he had been missing for the past two years.

 

When Sunggyu walked out of the hospital door two years ago, he was determined to come back and asked the doctor on a date. In a fit of rare insecurities, Sunggyu managed to convince himself that it was just lust and the doctor would have forgotten him anyway. Nam Woohyun had been the one that got away.

 

Now looking at the surprise in the doctor's eyes and the slight hurt, Sunggyu wondered maybe it was more than lust. 

 

The doctor controlled himself in record time before greeting him and checking his wrist with an attentiveness that made Sunggyu wanted to cry.

 

"It's a hairline fracture. I'll put braces on your wrist and you'll probably be able to use it normally in two weeks."

 

"It's been a long time, Dr Nam."

 

"I'll give you some creams for the bruises. I think that's all. Unless you're hurting anywhere else."

 

Sunggyu would have thought that the doctor really didn't remember him if not for the challenge in his eyes. He was daring Sunggyu to say something stupid so he could throw the lawyer out so Sunggyu just shook his head and revelled in the slight disappointment in the doctor's eyes.

 

"Just brilliant." He needed a new plan and fast. He reluctantly opened the door and came face to face with Howon and a plan formed.

 

"You broke my nose, you bastard!" Howon was already grabbing his collar so Sunggyu just leaned forward and whispered in his ear.

 

"Act like you're flirting with me."

 

"What?!"

 

"I told you, I don't like you! I have a boyfriend!" Sunggyu pushed a confused Howon away and moved closer to Woohyun.

 

"Yah, Kim Sunggyu!"

 

"This is my boyfriend, Nam Woohyun. Honey, this is Lee Howon, the guy I've been telling you about." Sunggyu wrapped his arm around Woohyun's waist, ignoring the tense doctor.

 

"What?" Woohyun whispered under his breath.

 

"Just act like you're my boyfriend. I need to get rid of him," Sunggyu whispered back.

 

"Kim Sunggyu, I warn you..." Howon had gotten over his confusion and was getting angrier.

 

"Remember about the guy that keeps following me around, honey. He's the one. I got into a fight with him because he wouldn't leave me alone."

 

"My poor baby." Sunggyu thought that it was killing Woohyun to hug him, but he was willing to take anything he could.

 

"I gave up!" Howon threw his hands in the air and closed the door behind him when he walked out, leaving Sunggyu with Dr Nam. The doctor pushed him away and crossed his arms angrily.

 

"What was that about?"

 

"He was hitting on me. I just need to dissuade him." Sunggyu shrugged and cradled his throbbing hand to his chest.

 

"By using me?" Dr Nam asked him incredulously.

 

"You are here." 

 

They stared at each other before the doctor huffed and turned away. Sunggyu was surprised when the doctor fitted the braces on his wrist himself rather than calling the nurse but he figured out that Dr Nam was getting his revenge by using more force than necessary. He winced when the doctor pressed on a particular spot.

 

"Done. Now, get out."

 

"Are you free on Friday?" Sunggyu asked without moving from his chair.

 

"Why?"

 

"Go out with me." 

 

"No," Dr Nam answered without thinking. Sunggyu had to racked his brain to come up with a plan.

 

"I need you to come. Howon would be there because he's friends with my friend. And I'm scared that he would try hitting on me again. And I'm already hurt. So I can't defend myself. You wouldn't want your work to be undone, right?" Sunggyu mentally patted himself at the speech as he watched the doctor's resolve crumbled.

 

"Fine. I'll go."

 

"Great! Should I pick you up?"

 

"I finish work at 7."

 

"Splendid!I'll be here at 6.30!" Sunggyu rushed out before peeking back inside.

 

"Remember, you're my boyfriend, honey."

 

 

Sunggyu was excited. He had managed to score a date with that nice . True, it took him two years and a couple of lies but those were just details. He had even managed to blackmail his friends to shut their mouth. Even better, he had convinced Sungjong to blackmail Howon into flirting with him.

 

Howon had looked slightly green when he agreed and Sunggyu made a mental note to represent Sungjong in court if necessary.

 

Dr Nam had been in a furious sulk since Sunggyu picked him up and remained quiet for the entire ride to the restaurant. He only opened his mouth to say he was driving and grabbed the key away from Sunggyu. Sunggyu didn't bother mentioning that he had no trouble driving with one good hand.

 

As soon as Woohyun stepped out from the car, Sunggyu had plastered himself on the doctor.

 

"Sunggyu hyung! Here!" Sunggyu saw his friends waving at him and presses the doctor closer to him. Dr Nam tried to get away but Sunggyu was stronger.

 

"Just smile and wave, honey." They made their way to the table with a painful smile on the doctor's face and a blinding smile on Sunggyu's face.

 

"Who is this, hyung?" Myungsoo asked after they were seated and the kiss between Myungsoo and Sunggyu that shocked the doctor.

 

"My boyfriend, Dr Nam Woohyun. Remember the doctor that treated me two years ago."

 

"You didn't even say anything, hyung!" Sungyeol said with wide eyes, an obvious sign that he was lying. Sunggyu hadn't stopped talking about Woohyun since they first met two years ago.

 

"We wanted to be sure with our relationship." Sunggyu turned to Woohyun fondly but the doctor turned away with a grimace.

 

Sunggyu managed to get Woohyun to order for him and somehow the doctor ordered his most hated dish. The rest of the table chuckled in amusement as Sunggyu glared at his dinner.

 

"Honey, feed me. My wrist is hurting," Sunggyu said, giving the doctor his best puppy eyes.

 

"You hurt your left wrist. Eat with your right hand," Woohyun said as he cut his steak into perfect cubes. Sunggyu eyed the steak with jealousy.

 

"But..."

 

"Woohyun hyung, just feed him please. His aegyo is making me lose my appetite," Sungjong said with a glare.

 

"Fine, you big baby." Woohyun grumbled under his breath but Sunggyu didn't think he had ever eat anything more delicious.

 

Sunggyu kicked Howon under the table to start the plan.

 

"But you said you're single, hyung~" Everyone on the table shuddered at Howon's tone, even Howon himself.

 

"You did?" Woohyun raised an eyebrow in challenge.

 

"Of course not. Howon must have misunderstood me. Didn't you, Howon?" Sunggyu turned to the male next to him and tried to kill him with a glare.

 

"You said that you're dumping your good for nothing boyfriend."

 

Sungjong snickered under his breath while Sungyeol and Myungsoo tried not to laugh.

 

"Howonnie~" Everyone looked up at the voice and saw a pink haired man bounded to the table.

 

"I miss you, baby." They watched in shock as the two of them locked lips and kissed the life out of each other. When they finally separated, Myungsoo had his hand over both Sungjong's and Sungyeol's eyes while Woohyun was glaring at Sunggyu.

 

"Howon was never trying to get into your pants, wasn't he?" Woohyun hissed.

 

"Whose pants did my Howonnie tried to get into?" The pink haired man asked innocently.

 

"No one's, baby. Sunggyu was being an idiot as usual."

 

Sunggyu covered his face with his hands as Woohyun stood up.

 

"If you want a date, you should have just asked!"

 

"Do you want to go out with me?" Sunggyu looked up at the doctor.

 

"Yes. I actually planned to ask you after you got discharged two years ago but you disappeared." 

 

Sunggyu winced as he remembered his hasty decision and the subsequent two years of searching for someone to replace Woohyun.

 

"I was an idiot."

 

 

 

Sunggyu traced his name over Woohyun's lazily. It took him two years and several stupid decisions but he finally got that in his hands. He squeezed the perky globe happily and woke Woohyun up.

 

"Stop playing with my and get some sleep."

 

"But I love your ." Sunggyu pouted.

 

"I seriously think you love my more than you love me."

 

Sunggyu remained silent.

 

"Yah, Kim Sunggyu!"