...really like you, i may be infatuated with the idea of us together

I Think...

10 days to go...

 

"Hi! What are you doing here?" He asked with the sweetest smile he could muster after being roused out of bed. He stepped aside to let me in and checked the clock above the shelf. Its only a little after 3 in the morning and by the looks of him he'd just had a few hours of sleep behind him.

"Sorry, I dont really wanna bother you but i wanna do something with you" I told him, smiling albeit sheepishyly. I had the crazy idea to do something for us, because I learned somewhere that it's something he'd want to do. 

"Does it involve sleeping?" He asked, amused at my apparent embarrasment, and utter sense of randomness. We agreed to be together for a month. A weird set-up with weird circumstances, yet something I plan to treasure and enjoy.

"No, Im sorry" i told him while I went to the kitchen to gather a few things. First a knife and a few napkin. Then some paper cups and fork.

"The plates are in that shelf over there" He said, still eyeing my movements while he casually stand by the wine rack.

"Thanks" I said and headed for the shelf on the far-right of the kitchen. "Maybe you out to get a jacket and something to keep your  head warm."  

He went back to the living room and headed to his room upstair.  He still occasionally share rooms with his bandmates but nowadays he just stayed at this house, that he bought few years back. It's his personal escape. The place where he can be who he want to be and do what he wants to do. The place that he never shared to anyone else but me. This is our place now. At least for the time being.

Packing the stuff that I've taken from the kitchen, I looked up when I heard his shuffling steps from the living area. He wore a black jacket on top of his long sweater and held a pair of mits and a scarf in his hand.

"Wear this once your done" He said as he headed towards me. He took the basket that I was packing and carried it out. He then took my hands into his mitted ones and lead me out.

"Do we need wine" He asked, when we passed the rack.

"No we dont" 

On our way out I checked the clock. 3:45 in the morning. It had only been 5 hours since we parted yesterday after we watched a movie at home, yet here we are, going out again and in the wee hours of the day. I never really thought myself romantic but he brings it out in me. As it was for him, he told me so himself.

I took his keys from the table before heading out the door and held it out to him once we're outside. He brought both his hands up to indicate that he can't and gestured for me to put it in his jacket pocket.

"So where are we going?" He asked once we're outside, with a more enervated smile. He doesnt seem to mind that I woke him early in the morning to go out and do somehting out of whim.

"We're going to take a walk on the park and have  a picnic" I told him, fumbling with the mits that I forgot to wear inside. " I read somewhere that was something you wanted to do with your girlfriend if you have one".

He took my hands in his and adjusted the mits, then took the scarf and arranged it ony my neck. "Yes I do and i'm glad that you thought about doing it with me" he said, patting my cheeks that have now been chilled, yet feels very warm because of our intimacy.

"Its okay. It was something that i wanted to do with my boyfriend too, if ever i have one."  And now that I have one I'm going to enjoy it and do the things that I've always wanted to do. I told myself. Even if it was temporary. Even if its just a set-up, I'd be happy about it.

***