...I like you a lot despite our differences

I Think...

9 days to go...

 

"What are you doing?" He asked from behind me startling me, both with his voice and proximity. The music coming from the old phonograph, seem to have sapped my concentration, I didn't notice that he came in.

"Im doing my nails" i told him, not bothering to look up. "I really like coloring my nails black because I cant be bothered with cleaning them regularly"

He didn't say anything, just walked towards the window in front of me. I applied a few more of the paint then blew on it before i look up. He was staring out the window so I just watched him.

" I dont really get the deal about coloring your nails" he said after a while" they're dead cells anyway."

"Yes, they are, and so is your hair, but you still apply color to it. You curl it, straighten it and press it." I pointed out and even his hair for emphasis.

"But cant you just paint it a different color" he asked and held my hand, looking uneasy at the now black nails.

"I've always liked this color on me you know" i told him. Its true and no one, not even junsu when i was with him, asked me to change it. 

" i dont like black nails on girls" he said. Still holding my hands. Still looking at the nails. 

I tugged my hand away from his, and looked at him. "Why does it seem like  a big thing for you?" I asked him, trying to piece togther an answer from his expression. It wasn't that big a deal to me but it seems to have bothered him a lot.

"I just feel unseasy about girls with black nails" he said, trying to temper his words. "A girl's hand should be beautiful, not marred with paint".

He held out his palms to me, asking for my hands in his. Asking me to give in.

"Okay" i said after a while, then rested my hands on his upturned palms. "I'll take the black polish off, but you have to do somehting for me in return"

He just looked at me questioningly, then afterwards a smile broke on his lips. He lead me back to the large armchair and grabbed some cotton from the basket. He dabbed some polish remover on it and applied it on my nails. He did it for both hands and feet.  Giving it his utmost concentration, like its the most important thing in the world. I just left him to it. After a while he just stayed there admiring his handy work.

"You know, you need to apply nail oil to it and some colorless coat" i told him and handed him the products. He just obliged and started applying oil and cuticle coat on my toe nails. His long hair are making a mess on his pretty face but he doesn't even notice. I pulled the hair-tie im using and collected his hair on a messy ponytail, he just smiled and continued with what he was doing. Seemingly oblivious to everything but me.

"Did he ever do this for you?" he asked, breaking the silence that engulfed us,

I just stared at him, eyeing him to understand where this was coming from.But his face was just blank, not giving anything away. "Yes, he even washed my hair for me" I told him.

He just nodded, indicating that he was listening.

"Did you ever do this for her?" 

He just shrugged as a response. I guess he did or maybe he didn't. But the thought that he did, squeezed my heart. I didnt ask him again. I guess I dont need to know.

I dont really know his preferences and personal ticks but I think i'd like to understand him. He's precious like that for me. I want to know him better and i want him to know me better. It just might be a little too much to ask. Am i being greedy? Can't I be greedy?

***