Sweeter Than Pepero

My First Pepero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning I woke up feeling groggy and incredibly thirsty. I looked to the side table and found a glass of water there. I lifted my arm to get the water and it was surprisingly hard for me to do. My arm felt weak and powerless. I did drink the water though after a little bit of effort. After relieving my thirst I suddenly remembered the event last night. I touch my forehead where Bomi kissed me. Did I dream about it or is it real? I’m not really sure because my mind was scrambled yesterday from the fever. I felt better though still a bit dizzy and weak.

 

I sat up on my bed and looked for my phone left and right. After I found it I check the time. It was 8 in the morning. I also check my face with my front camera. As expected, I look terrible. Then I suddenly realize something. My make up was already erased, also my clothes was changed to more comfortable one. Wait a minute. Someone changed my clothes? I felt my face flushed at the though of someone striping me down. Oh My God! Who was it? It was not Bomi was it? I hope not because that would be even more embarrassing than it already was.

 

In the midst of my thought my bedroom door opened. I whipped my head to the direction of the door and found Naeun standing there with a tray. She smiled at me and set the tray of what consist of a bowl of porridge and a glass of water, also some medicine on the side of the tray.

 

“How do you feel Unnie?” Naeun asked me.

“Better Naeun-ah.”

“Please eat some Unnie, than take your medicine.”

“I don’t really feel like eating Naeun-ah.”

“Unnie, Bomi Unnie told me to shove it down your throat if you refuse to eat. So please Unnie, eat some.”

“What? Aish, that girl.”

 

I took a bite of the porridge and it was surprisingly okay, considering my condition. I mean when you were sick everything pretty much taste like crap so if I was not sick this would probably tasted really good.

 

“Did you make this Naeun-ah?”

“No, Bomi Unnie did.”

“Where is Bomi anyway?”

“She have a schedule, she said she’ll be back in the afternoon.”

“Ah, I see. And everyone else?”

“Eunji Unnie also has a schedule. Namjoo and Hayoung are at practice.”

“Omo, how about breakfast? What did you guys eat? I’ll make something for you.”

 

I was about to get off the bed and into the kitchen to make some breakfast for the kids but Naeun stopped me.

 

“Bomi Unnie and Eunji Unnie already made us breakfast and we already ate Unnie. Don’t worry, please rest and get better.”


I continued to eat the porridge and then took the medicine. After that I asked Naeun to help me to the bathroom since I want to take a shower. She was worried that I was not strong enough to shower on my own and I told her I’d be fine. She told me not to lock the door in case something happened. I finished my shower and Naeun help me back to my bedroom. Naeun went to her lesson as soon as Hayoung and Namjoo went back to the dorm. The maknaes bought me sports drinks and bread, which I was really thankful for because I didn’t feel like eating too much food at the time. I lay in my bed and tried to rest but I wasn’t able to sleep anymore. I just lay there, quietly while staring at the celling.

 

I stared at it for a long time just to pass time. I was really bored so I decided to go to the living room and watch the TV. The maknaes also joined me. We were watching the TV when suddenly my phone lit up and notify me of an incoming message. I saw that it was from Bomi and I read it immediately.

 



 

I felt my cheeks burning up. I huffed and puffed because of anger and embarrassment. Yoon Bomi you big idiot! Hayoung and Namjoo just looked at me questioningly.

 

“Rong Unnie, are you okay? Your face is really red.” Hayoung asked me.

“Ah, no I’m fine.”

“Are you sure Unnie?”

“Yeah. I’m just gonna go to my room and rest then, just in case.”

“Okay Unnie, please tell us if you need anything.”

“Mm… Thanks.”

 

I went and rest in my room mostly to not show how embarrassed I was. I cover my face with my blanket and mumble under the cover.

 

“Yoon Bomi you idiot.”

 

I fell asleep after that. The next thing I knew someone shook me awake. It was Bomi with a bowl in her hand. I once again flushed remembering that she changed my clothes. It wasn’t supposed to be a big deal I know that. But for some reason I was really shy by the fact that Bomi saw me half . My heart thumped loudly, it went ‘dugeun dugeun’. She just smiled like an idiot, a charming idiot. 

 

What was I even thinking?

 

“Unnie, here. I bought chicken soup.”

 

She scoped some of the content with a spoon and blow it to cooled it down. Then she brought the spoon to my lips. I was hesitant to accept it. She frowned when she saw me not opening my mouth anytime soon.

 

“I can eat it by myself Bbom-ah.”

“No, I want to feed you.”

“It’s fine, I’m not a kid.”

“I want to take care of you. So please let me.”

 

She feed me slowly. She was very patient. I told her to rest since it was apparent how exhausted she was. But she refused and she took care of me. She refilled my water and gave me medicine. We were siting at my bed when Bomi went closer to me. I retreated I little, surprised by her action. She went closer and brought her forehead to mine.

 

“Hm… it seems like you still have a slight fever Unnie. I’ll bring some towel to compress your forehead then. Please lay down.”

 

My heart felt warm and fuzzy from her word and action. How did I become so happy just because my teammate took care of me? She was my member, my friend, and my sister even. But it didn’t feel like that. It felt different. I wouldn’t mind if the other girls changed my clothes. Well maybe I would still be shy but not like when Bomi did it. And I wouldn’t be this happy when some friend took care of me. I would be thankful but this was different.

 

Is this love?

 

When Bomi came back with damp towel I immediately tried to break the confusing thought. There was no way I was in love with her. We were talking about Bomi here. Yoon Bomi, a girl whom has been with me since I was a child and my own dongsaeng. How could I even think about her that in way?

 

There’s no way right?

 

As Bomi got closer to me I tried to calm my erratic heart and play it cool. She looked at me weirdly so I guess my façade didn’t work. She sat next to me on the bed and wiped my face with the towel. Her face was so serious and it was cute. was slightly ajar, something that she do when she concentrate. I could only watch her in silence while suppressing the weird thought that won’t leave me alone.

 

“Chorong Unnie, your face looks more flushed than earlier. Has the fever risen? Shall we go to the hospital Unnie?”

“No no, I’m fine Bomi. Really I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah I’m sure.” I nodded my head vigorously.

“Okay then if you say so. You’re sweating a lot Unnie, shall I help you change your clothes?”

 

I just realized how sticky and damp my clothes were when I looked down to them. It was weird that I hadn’t notice before. Those weird stupid thought really distract me. Wait, Bomi said she wanted to help me change my clothes? I was sure my face was flushed red yet again. There was no way I would let her see me half AGAIN.

 

“It’s okay I can do it myself Bomi-ah. I think it’s better if I take a shower too. It’s very sticky and uncomfortable.”

“Ah, okay. I’ll prepare your change of clothes then. What kind of clothes do you want?”

“Anything is fine Bomi, thanks.”

 

Bomi went to my wardrobe and rustle to get clothes from it. She took out some article of clothing and placed it on my bed. I looked at it and saw that she also picked a pair of underwear along with the comfortable clothes. She touched my underwear. SHE TOUCHED MY UNDERWARE. I hide my face with my hands to hide yet another blush on my face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter