Encounter

Torn

"How can you let him out of your sight!" The man yelled at two of his subordinates who kept their heads down while stealing panicky glance at each other.

"I've told you to keep an eye on him, was it too hard huh?! He's just a kid!!" He snarled and snatched both of them by the collar. His two subordinates closed their eyes in fear, avoiding the man's death glare.

The man gritted his teeth and his face went red in anger. His grip tightened on their collars as he fought the strong urge to strangle both of them.

"Find him!!" He hissed and shoved them harshly. They cringed in pain as their back made contact with the solid concrete wall.

The man made a gesture and someone who stood couple of steps behind him came forward.

"Jinu, gather 3 more persons to search for him, I think he went to his mother's grave" He ordered.

"Yes Mr. Kwon" Jinu gave him a nod and then bow slightly.

He walked pass Mr. Kwon and gave a cold glance at two others man who still stood idly in fear.

"Both of you come with me" He said curtly and walked his way out of the room.


Youngbae stood in silent before his father's grave, his gaze was fixed on a picture that was carved neatly on the tomb. It was almost a week since his father passed away and his world had turned upside down. His father owned almost third of the night clubs in downtown Seoul, Mokpo, and Busan. He was also the owner of several major companies used to launder the money of their illegal businesses.

Youngbae was never proud of what his father did for a living but he loved him nonetheless. He never thought of following in his father footsteps and wanted to live a normal life. His father already had his older brother who seemed to be more than willing to continue his father's legacy and there was less pressure on Youngbae to follow suit. He was sent abroad to study based on his own request, he wasn't comfortable living in his family's world.

But that tragedy had drastically changed everything, now his mother had no one but him in the line of succession. And on top of that he had to give in to his mother's request to get revenge on his father's best friend turned murderer. Someone whom he only met once when he was still 7 years old because he always tried to avoid meeting up with his father's circle of friends. He remembered the man came with his son, he was the same age with him but he barely could remember both of their faces.

"Hey, help me!"

Youngbae's train of thought was suddenly cut off when that voice chimed in. He turned his head when he felt a hand landed on his shoulder. His eyes met a pair of chocolate brown eyes whose owner seemed to be out of breath. He was just a kid, probably his age or younger.

"There are bad guys chasing me, if they come here please tell them I run that way ok?" He pleaded and ran the opposite way.

Youngbae hadn't had the chance to reply back since the other just bolted away and left him in confusion. It wasn't long before couple of men dressing all black suits came running toward him.

"Yah kid, did you see a boy about your age run this way?" One of the men asked.

Youngbae was certain they were asking for the kid that just came and asked for his help.

"Yes, he went that way" Youngbae answered as he pointed out a direction.

"Let's go!" One of them ordered and all three of them ran toward the direction that Youngbae just pointed out.

Youngbae's eyes lingered on those men for a moment before shifting them to the opposite direction. The other kid was nowhere to be seen and he assumed that he had run away. He was glad that the kid managed to escape because judging from the men's appearance alone he could pretty much guess what's their background.

Youngbae let out a sigh of relief and his heels, he was taking couple of steps when he heard a familiar voice.

"Hey wait!"

Youngbae looked over his shoulder and saw the kid who previously asked for his help came running toward him, he stopped in front of him and threw him a smile.

"Thank you" He said and held out a hand.

"You're welcome" Youngbae replied with a smile and shook his hand.

"I am Kwon Jiyong, what's yours?"