(2/2)

Where the Heart Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words: 3444

Unedited- (spelling or grammar errors maybe)

 

A knock on the door made he lost his focus of reading the diary. “Come in.” he said in a low, firm and stern voice. A tall guy entered his room.

“Today’s weather isn’t good. Do you want to delay the journey for awhile?”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“There will be a storm occurring. Just to make it safe, let stop our journey for awhile.”

He was lost in thoughts as he looked at the diary he was holding. “Let stop.”

 

*

 

The sixth day,

Sehun and me talked a lot yesterday, about how I wanted to change our fate, how much I wanted the rich to change their perspective on the poor and how much I love those three. Well, he didn’t say much about it though as he listened to me.

But, I am glad in a way. I felt some of the heavy burden in my heart lost half of it weight. I am glad that he heard my stories. But, he asked me something I didn’t expect to yesterday.

“How did the four of you end up together?” he asked.

“A lot happened.” I answered shortly. I told him about Tao that was actually a kid that ran away from human trafficking, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun that ran away together from their village orphanage because the unfairness of the treatment to the kids which they experienced as abuse.

“And you?” Sehun raised his eyebrows, pointing his index finger towards Luhan.

I smiled. “I met them along the way in my journey. We ended up living together in streets after that.”

I could tell that Sehun was looking at me weirdly, but I ignored his look. Also, I just knew that Sehun age was 19 this year.

He’s amazing, Sehun I meant. He was given an obligation by his family in such a young age after he had finished learning what he should have. He was in Coeur dans la mer for holiday. He told me he wanted to rest his mind from work.

I wondered how it was to be Sehun now. He’s rich – literally he will get what he always want. I’m envious with him. He had such a bright future in front of him.

Me?

I didn’t know how to answer that. What was me? What am I?

I am from streets. So, people must not thought highly about me.

I requested Sehun something if he managed to break the rule.

I wanted Sehun helped us and support our back when we entered that world. He didn’t need to conceal our identities.

I wanted us to be reminded of our own history. If we forgot about our past selves maybe in the future, we may became like the rich or looked down at others. I didn’t want that.

Let us be that us. We didn’t have to change most of our personalities.

Just me(Luhan), Tao, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Let us be remembered with the life of poor kids without nothing by the rich. If we’re insulted by others or being bullied, at least I wanted Sehun to be there for us.

Without the past, you won’t be strong to face the upcoming challenges ahead. Without the past, you may forget yourself in this journey called life. Without the past, you won’t be the person you’re today – which exist in present time.

Past was everything.

Without history, memories won’t be made.

History that taught us to be mature than the day we lived yesterday.

You know, humans only live for three days. Our times were short – we didn’t know when we will die.

So, each time we opened our eyes after sleeping, we should be glad we’re alive.

A wise man once said, humans live for three days.

We existed on those two days but the other day – we doubt we will exist on that day or not.

First day was the yesterday. Second day was the present meanwhile the third day was the future. That’s why the last of three day, was to the future – was the pinpoint of exactly where our life will lead. Whether we died or not in our sleep, if not we will be seeing the third day leading for the future. Then, the process of three days revolved again and again as we lived.

Humans had short life. I knew that.

But, did you know that humans had purposes in their life?

Then, what am I doing in my life?

 

*

 

The seventh day,

I was getting knew Sehun little by little. We met at the deck and enjoyed each other companionship. “Where are you sleeping?” Sehun asked as I tried to read the novel he brought with him from the land.

“At the ship warehouse.”

Sehun eyes widened, “Are you crazy? It’s cold!”

I shook my head. “It’s not crazy. Besides, I am used sleeping like that on the streets too. I am used to the darkness so much that I was grateful I am basked in sunlight and get to feel the fresh air in this beautiful world.”

Sehun didn’t say anything. I continued. “I love the sea. I fell in love with it, Sehun. It just several days, I’m on this ship. But, the sea is vast. It is the same with the world, vast and wide. You maybe didn’t notice this small things, but to us, child of streets sometimes had to deal with darkness surrounding us. We sometimes hid from people that were chasing us, we slept in darkness, we also  felt hunger so many days that sometimes we can’t live the dark alley we’re living because we’re limping and can’t move too much and others.”

“Why limping and hunger?”

“We stole from people sometimes if we’re so hungry. As a result, people always notice that we’re stealing something, so sometimes if people see us they will chase us. If we’re lucky, we run and hide several days. But, if not, we’re back to our place in blue black bruised. Our body took too much pain from the hit, so we can’t get either good food or leftover food. We needed time to recuperate ourselves.” I explained to him and he nodded understandingly.

“You know, Luhan…” Sehun said as his voice trailed off. He shifted his gaze to the sky.

“Meeting you is a gift. You made me thought again how I was blessed in my life for everything. In this world, there are something we can’t get. I know that. From your story, I thought  again, life was not all colorful at all. Life is special when we appreciate it lovingly and try to improve our life step by step at the moment in this world. Experience taught you that, I could sense it from the way you’re talking. You’re mature for teens in your age.”

I shook my head. “It’s a yes I talk about this based on experience. But, the ones that experiencing something will be much more mature each days in life. Life is a journey, it’s also a process of learning. I am learning to be much more better if I am going to change my life and so for those three, you’re learning to be more and more humble. Better say that, everyday is a process of learning.”

I stopped, looking at Sehun that was hearing attentively.

“Sometimes, we learn that someone is not the one that we expected to be. We learn it that maybe he or she has somewhat  a fierce appearance on the outside, but maybe when we know them more and more, it will change what our heart feel. So, when we know about not to judge people like that, we can reassuringly learn that humans are unique. Everyone has a special trait in them even if they’re not the best. I learn that every day in my life, if I continue to learn more and more, my heart will change the way it is. That’s why, this is where my own heart lies, in this world full of challenges. My heart lies in my body, still beating to know what the moral value at the end of the day.”

“Life is a surprise the way it is, sometimes.” Sehun muttered.

Yes, I agreed with you Sehun. Life took an unexpected turn sometimes. It was twisted in some ways, but there will be a straight long path that will show us the bright end of the day if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter