(1/?)

Where the Heart Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(unedited - possible grammar or spelling errors)

words: 3070

 

A young man with broad shoulder was staring outside the window. A soft knock stopped his thoughts from the outside world. “Come in.” he replied with a low soft voice, but it still can be heard by the person outside his room.

Slowly, the door was opened by a woman in her thirties. “How are you feeling today?” asked the woman.

“I’m feeling great.” the brunette answered.

“There was a parcel for you…it was sent three days ago. But, I forgot about it because I was busy. Do you want it?” the woman asked.

He nodded his head. “Of course I want, it was sent for me.” he stated in annoyance. The woman didn’t answer and left his room then came back to the room with a parcel in her hands.

“Here.” the woman gave him the parcel and he reached his hand to take the brown parcel. “I will go now. If you want anything, just call me.”

And, she closed his room door.

He was staring at the brown parcel in his right hand. It felt light but had weight a little. But, it’s not burdening to hold.

He tried to search for the sender name or address, but nothing was written on the parcel.

Feeling impatient, he opened the parcel by ripping it to pieces. He looked at the contain of the parcel.

It was a diary. The diary looked worn because the color cover of the diary faded. Then, the cover seemed like peeling off a bit because of it's age. He slowly opened the diary, and he saw a blank yellow page, he quickly assumed what he thought was true that the diary was old.

He flipped to another page and saw the next page was written with a neat writing.

Memories are meant to be remember,

Now, always and forever,

Past, present or future,

Everyday are memories to-be,

Memories are important,

Writing memories to be remember,

Yes, this made me happy,

For eternity.

“Who is the owner of this?” he asked himself and continued to flip the page. The next page contain nothing except a short writing of,

1779

Then, he flipped the page again. Now, the there was a page full of writing and he read the contain of the page.

 

Today was a nice day indeed. A nice day to have some change around and I got the change. I never felt so free like this before and I am happy for this trip.

This ship was called Coeur dans la mer. I love the design of this ship. The ship had many achievements and received rewards for the best ship ever and others.

The service in the ship was fair to the poor or to the rich, that’s what I heard. But, I want to see it with my own eyes – to decide the rumors were true or not.

And today, I had been searching for a chance to get a friend from the rich, the highest class ever. I wanted a change, so I wanted to know how it feel to be around the rich.

What a little dream I had in mind, but yes. I wanted a friend from another class. Maybe, a friend that would change the view about how the poor and the rich could be to the eyes of another people. I would like to search for it in this ship.

The ship which I illegally sneaked inside without being suspected by anybody, today was breezy a little. It was the season near to winter now.  And, I was in the deck, sitting in some corner of a table and watched the people here.

In my mind, did they wonder if this boy (me) have parents or not? Why I am alone here? Why am I just watching them? Did they wonder? Amidst this many people?

Anyway, this was the first day. This was an adventure to me.

An adventure for a change, a change in the future, the future which I wanted the poor to own.

 

He flipped to the next page again.

 

The second day,

I had a rough day last night, which I, a young boy of age 15 slept at the ship warehouse without any blanket to cover my body from the cold. The coldness of the ship, the coldness of the world – coldness of everything.

If I am caught sneaking at the poor rooms which was located at the third lowest floor of the ship. I’m dead. I will be punished.

I sneezed a lot this day.

I felt sick, but I didn’t want to give up. Today, I tried to be brave and walked around the rich floor to have fun. The casino.

I wanted to search if there were rich kids in there, I wanted to make friend. A friend was good, but two was luckier.

I was approached by a man in his thirties. He seemed drunk by the way.

“Hey, little kid. What’re you doing here? It’s dangerous.”

I didn’t reply his words. I knew man like him, there were always some man like this in the streets where I lived. So drunken that they broke people. I loathe them, with their stupid grinning face.

I knew it. He smelled like alcohol.

If he was on the lowest class floor, he will be smelling with booze.

But, it’s not any different, right?

“Hey, little kid. What’re you doing here?”

I didn’t answer again. He was irritated enough and grabbed my hand by force to enter a room.

“You know, you look beautiful. Even if that clothing was like an old rag, I still can see through your beauty.”

I felt scared. Usually, I would run away from man like this in the streets. But, I can’t run, the door was locked by him. What he wanted to do with me?

My heart was screaming silently for help.

That man held my hands tighter when I wanted to run and pinned me down to the wall. I shouted for help but the man laughed maniacally.

“They won’t hear you. Shut up, .”

I can feel his breath at my neck. It made my hair stands at the edge. I screamed again and again when his hand ing my faded color white long sleeve shirt. He grinned widely. I feared for my life.

“Help! Anyone, help me!” I shouted again and that man my collarbone. I was disgusted by his action.

And, I was shocked when the door was opened and the man was pushed away from me. My knees became weak and I sat on the floor, numbly without moving an inch.

I was safe.

I heard someone calling a guard and took the man away. Then, I saw white, long finger tips reaching out for my hand.

Slowly, I hang up my head and looked at a smiling face in front of me. I was still shaking and can’t think of anything at that time. I trembled with fear.

“You’re safe.” the stranger embraced me. His scent soothed me in a way.

And, I was lulled to a sudden sleep. Feeling a bit safe in his hold.

 

 

I woke up in a war

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter