It’s Okay, That’s Love - Episode 2 – Chapter 2

It's Okay, That's Love (Soo-Kwang Fanfiction)

Some construction people have been doing stuff to the room that is next to mine, it’s annoying. Why are they changing it so much in the first place? The dude moving in must like his room a very certain way. I wake up to them working on the room it’s 9:00am so I should get up anyway. I slowly walk down the stairs to see Dong-min and Soo-kwang in the living room. Dong-min was doing weird exercises while Soo-Kwang was eating something sitting down.

“Look who’s finally up!” Dong-Min smiles at me. I don’t say anything and lay on the couch. They continue the conversation they were having before I walked in the room.

“The person moving in told them to never let anyone see the bathroom.” Dong-Min said to Soo-Kwang and I.

Soo-Kwang still has food in his mouth but he responds anyway. “That’s weird right?” He asks.

“Of course it is.” I say sitting up on the couch.

“The person moving in could be as weird as us living here.” Dong-Min mentions.

“I heard he is Tae-Yong’s friend.” Soo-Kwang informs us. Dong-Min continues talking about Tae-Yong and his friend that is moving in but I wasn’t paying attention because Soo-Kwang got up and started moving around weirdly.

“Hyung, I met a girl doing this dance.” Soo-Kwang says to Dong-Min. That little shuffle is called dancing.

Then Dong-Min started copying Soo-kwang, and they started moving their butts awkwardly.

“Whoa!” I covered my eyes. “That is not a sight I ever want to see again.”

“Oh come on.” Soo-Kwang stops ‘dancing’ and walks over to me. “It can’t be that bad, the girl I met liked it.”

“Well that girl must have never seen real dancing then.” I stand up and stretch. “Well while you guys do this I’m going to look up some real dancing to get this image out of my mind.” I walk back up the stairs to my room.

Someone is ringing the dang doorbell! Why is someone ringing the dang doorbell!

“Soo-Kwang!” I hear Hae-Soo yell.

“Soo-Kwang!” At least she isn’t calling m-

“Kei-Soo!” Seriously?

“Kei-Soo!” Nope I’m not leaving my room if she has the energy to yell she can get the door herself.

“The doorbell is ringing!” She’s in the hallway now. I get up and leave my room to see everyone minus Soo-Kwang in the hallway.

“Why all the yelling?” I ask everyone.

“I can’t answer the doorbell.” Hae-Soo protests.

I look up at her to see a towel on her head. Oh that’s why.

“Well neither can I Soo-Kwang is having a seizure right now.” Dong-Min tells us as Soo-Kwang stumbles into the hallway as well. I walk over to him and he grabs both of my arms.

“We’re treating him.” Dong-Min tells Hae-Soo. Hae-Soo leaves to answer the door, and we move back into the room Soo-Kwang was in.

“Hey it’s ok Soo-Kwang.” I put my hands on his shoulders as he continues to grip my arms. I move my hands to his head to stop him from moving so much. I hear someone open the door but I don’t turn to see who it is. Soo-Kwang turns to see and it freaks him out more.

“Get out!” Soo-Kwang screams at the person at the door. I make him look back at me by moving his head.

“Shhh” I say in the calmest voice I can make. “It’s okay.” He stops shaking and breaths slowly.

“Thanks Kei.” Soo-Kwang says calming down.

I smile and mess his hair up, he looks up at me

“No problem, it’s what I’m here for.”

After that I go back to my room to change into my clothes for the day, and run a comb through my hair so it looks presentable. Then I go back out into the hallway to welcome our new housemate. I still don’t know who it is but hopefully he isn’t that weird.

As I approach his room I notice Dong-min leaving the room with a less than pleasant expression on his face. He stops next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. Squeezes my shoulder and continues walking. Well that was weird but whatever he can’t be that bad.

I knock on the doorframe of the new guy’s room to get his attention. He comes to the door and I finally see who it is.

“Well I know who you are.” I say looking at him. “Jang Jae Yul.”

He looks up at me. “Yeah I guess you do.” He walks closer to me as I’m still in the doorway. “But I’ve never had the pleasure of learning your name.”

I smile and hold out my hand. “I’m Kim Kei-Soo.” He grabs my hand and shakes it.

“Nice to finally put a name to a face.” Jae-yul says.

“Yeah,” I pull my hand away. “Sorry about that it never really occurred to me that you didn’t know my name.”

“Well welcome to your new home. If you have any questions about the people who live here or anything else feel free to ask me.” I smile at him and he nods in return. I turn to go downstairs to see Hae-soo walking towards Jae-yul’s room.

“Well I guess life is going to get exciting.” I smirk as I walk pass her.

“Shut up.” She tells me.

When I get down stairs I walk to the kitchen and make myself some cereal for breakfast. As I’m eating breakfast at the kitchen table Soo-Kwang comes downstairs also dressed for the day. He gets cereal as well and sits next to me at the table.

“So are you working today?” I ask him.

“Yeah,” He answers. “Are you teaching anyone today?”

“Uh-huh,” I respond with a smile. “A little girl this time.”

“Is she learning English or music?” Soo-Kwang asks me.

“English, she is actually really good.” I say. “I think she just needs to know more words but she’s pretty good with the grammar.”

Soo-Kwang nods as he takes a bite of his cereal. “When do you think you’ll be done?”

I shrug. “It shouldn’t take long.” I take a bite of my cereal. “Why?”

“Well,” He looks nervous all of a sudden. “I was thinking that if you finish teaching that girl?” He sends me a questioning look, I give him the same look until I finally get what he’s asking.

“Sang-hee,” I smile thinking about the little girl I’m going to teach. “She’s really pretty too.”

He smiles a little before continuing what he was going to ask me. “After you finish teaching Sang-hee, if you would want to get a coffee with me?”

“Really?” I ask kind of shocked.

“Yeah,” Soo-Kwang answers. “unless you don’t want to that is.”

“Of course I want to.” I smile as he looks over at me. “I’m just surprised you asked is all.”

Soo-Kwang and I finish our breakfast around the same time, and he went to work after rinsing out his bowl. I can’t wait till I finish teaching Sang-hee maybe I’ll be one step closer to being in a more than friends relationship with Soo-Kwang.

After spending a good 2-3 hours of teaching Sang-hee new words and what they meant and how to put them into sentences. I was saying goodbye and scheduling another day to teach her with her mom. Immediately after they left I went to the kitchen table to clean up the flashcards I used to teach vocabulary to Sang-hee. Then I left to coffeesmith downstairs where Soo-Kwang works.

As I walked into the coffee place I saw Soo-Kwang wiping a table and walked towards him.

“Hey.” I greet Soo-Kwang as I tap him on his shoulder. He turns around.

“Hey Kei,” He responds. “You can order a drink and sit down I’m almost done.” I nod.

I walk to the cash register and order a small coffee. I chat with Hae-soo’s sister while she makes my coffee. After I get my coffee I see Hae-soo walk in and give Soo-Kwang a fist bump as she walks past him. She sees me standing in front of the counter. She hugs me and reaches around me to eat a piece of a waffle that’s probably for a customer. Her sister comes over to yell at her while I walk away to sit at a table.

Soon after I sit down Soo-kwang walks over to sit with me.

“So how was teaching Sang-hee?” He asks while sipping his coffee.

“It was good, she is very smart so it wasn’t that hard.” I smile thinking about the words I taught her today. Now that I think about it Jae-yul didn’t really leave his room today, that’s weird.

“What about you did anything exciting happen today?” I ask.

“Nope,” He shrugs. “It was pretty boring to be honest.”

“Are you going to watch the soccer match today?” He continues.

“Yes, I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” I smile at him. “You guys get really into it when we score it’s funny watching you freak out.” He laughs a little at that.

“You know Choi Ho is coming right?” Soo-Kwang mentions.

“I know, he is Hae-Soo’s boyfriend.” I start messing with my fingers. “I actually have an even worse feeling about him today.”

“Why?” He asks in confusion.

“It’s just a feeling.” I shrug. “I think that something is going to happen during the soccer match today.”

“Well then hopefully it won’t be that big of a disaster.” He smiles. “I don’t want it to affect us watching the game.” Soo-Kwang checks his watch and his smile disappears.

“What’s wrong?” I question him.

“My break is over.” He looks sad about it, I put my hand on his.

“Hey I’ll see you at home ok?” I try to make him feel better. He looks at me and nods. I walk out of the coffee place, and walk back home.

Everyone is here and it’s really loud with all the people here. Even if they are sort of friends with me they don’t really have conversations with me unless Soo-Kwang includes me in his conversations with them. I’m just sitting on the end of the couch closest to the kitchen while Min-young gets up and tries to change the channel. Almost immediately Soo-Kwang takes the remote away from her.

“The commercials are on.” Min-young protests. Soo-Kwang doesn’t care as he pinches her to get her to give him the remote.

“Go” He tells her as he switches the channel back to the soccer match. Min-young begrudgingly sits back down.

Soo-Kwang almost sits down when he hesitates and goes into the kitchen again. Which is confusing because it looks like everything that is necessary to be out is already on the table in front of everyone. Soo-Kwang comes back with a drink in his hand, as he gets closer I can finally see what it is. It’s my favorite drink, a diet coke.

“Kei.” He says as he gives it to me and sits down. I take it with a smile.

“Thanks Kwang.” I hug his arm, then open my soda.

As the game continues I hear the door open but I have a feeling it’s Hae-soo so I don’t turn around.

“I’m here. Honey.” I hear Hae-soo yell and Choi Ho immediately hugs her and kisses her cheek.

“Unni! Unni!” Min-young jumps up and literally hops over to her, and gives her a hug. I turn around to see them hug. Jae-yul has a surprised look on his face like he can’t believe they are friends.

“Hey!” Dong-min yells over their screaming. “Please be quiet! Soccer is on!”

They do quiet down but not completely.

“Come in.” Choi Ho tells Jae-yul. Then Choi Ho goes to sit next to Hae-soo and Min-young.

“What are these relationships?” Jae-yul says under his breath, but I still hear him.

“Hmm?” I look at him but he shakes his head and goes into the kitchen.

Soo-Kwang gets up to go into the kitchen but I grab his arm. He looks at me and sees that I don’t want to leave so he tugs me so I get up with him. Jae-yul is in the kitchen so Soo-kwang walks towards him while grabbing something to drink on the table in front of Jae-yul. I grab some food from the bowls in front of Jae-yul as well. All of a sudden I hear Soo-Kwang burp and it makes me flinch.

“Why?” I ask Soo-Kwang. He shrugs with a small smile on his face. Jae-yul looks weirded out.

“I won’t discriminate you because you have a disability, so don’t expect special treatment either.” Jae-yul tells Soo-Kwang.

“Those two were a couple before.” Soo-Kwang point to Dong-min and Young-jin sitting on the couch. Then he goes into all the relationships that people in the room have had with each other. I don’t really care since I’ve never dated anyone before.

“Kei-Soo is the only pure on here.” I hear Soo-Kwang tell Jae-yul.

“Really?” Jae-yul looks at me in surprise. I nod while eating stuff on the table.

“Here…everyone…except Kei-Soo kisses each other…and then just live together…only then can you hang out together?” Jae-yul tries to make sense of how our friends work.

“Well no, since I haven’t kissed anyone and I live here.” I respond which Soo-Kwang agrees with a nod. I walk back to my seat and Soo-Kwang follows me. We both go back to watching the game. Hae-soo gets up again to get something from the kitchen but no one cares since we are about to score. We do score!!! Everyone is screaming in joy but Hae-soo comes out of the kitchen looking mad. She grabs the remote and turns the TV off.

“What is this?” and “Who is it?” is asked immediately after the TV goes off. Hae-soo doesn’t answer just throws the remote on the table. Soo-Kwang asks her why she turned it off but she just turns to look at Choi Ho and Min-young. Uh-oh what did he do.

“Hey.” Hae-soo says looking pissed. “did you deep kiss with Choi Ho?” She looks at Min-young.

“Hey, you.” Dong-min says to Hae-soo. “Are you crazy?”

“Unni, what are you saying?” Min-young questions but she seems nervous.

“At the talk show, backstage.” Hae-soo looks like she is going to slap her. “Huh?”

Everyone is quiet as they wait for someone to say something.

“Uh Hae-soo…what are you saying?” Choi Ho says looking nervous and uncomfortable with all eyes on him.

“Jang Jae-yul says he saw you two kiss.” Hae-soo tells him. I look back at him but he looks as shocked as everyone else, so he wasn’t expecting this either.

“Um, look, Hae-soo” Choi Ho gets up while talking. “That, uh, that…”

Oh my god, are you serious right now.

“Hey, this bastard.” Dong-min yells throwing a pillow at Choi Ho. “He did! He did! If you blabber that means you did. Your acknowledging it you jerk!”

“What are you guys still doing? Hurry and leave!” Dong-min tells the other people excluding the ones that live here and the ones that Hae-soo is yelling at.

“Why do things always happen when I join in?” Young-jin says as she gets up from the couch. “Hey, hey, if you don’t have anything to say, run away.” She tells Min-young.

Min-young gets up and starts screaming. “That’s right! I like Choi Ho!” She screams.

“Hey! Why are you coming clean now?” Young-jin asks her. “Do you want to add more fuel to the fire?” Young-jin starts pulling Min-young away.

“I tried to hold it in as much as I could but I couldn’t. I liked him first! He’s mine!” Min-young continues screaming.

“Hey, get your priorities straight!” Min-young yells at Choi Ho. He has been silent since Dong-min hit him with a pillow.

“You said that you like me!” Min-young yells at Choi Ho as Young-jin drags her out. Min-young continues to yell at him but he looks scared of Hae-soo as he should be. As the door closes silence engulfs the room again, but it’s short lived.

“This jerk!” Soo-Kwang grabs food from the table and throws it at Choi Ho. Soo-Kwang goes over to Choi Ho and kicks him and starts hitting him repeatedly. Hae-soo turns to leave the room and I stand in front of her with a sad smile on my face. I give her a hug as I feel her starting to cry into my shoulder. I pat her back and pull her closer to me in a comforting way. I pull back from hugging her.

“Try and relax upstairs ok?” I hug her again as she nods. Hae-soo goes to her room after that. I watch her go upstairs before turning around to see Soo-Kwang kick Jae-yul. Then Choi Ho punches Soo-Kwang. After that Choi Ho punches Jae-yul. They continue fighting but I just go upstairs to comfort Hae-soo.

Apparently Hae-soo is mad at Jae-yul so everyone in the house leave the room or area that he enters. Like the living room or backyard. It’s kind of annoying but I told Hae-soo and Soo-Kwang that I would do it even though it makes me feel bad for Jae-yul.

Like now I’m sitting on the loveseat with Soo-Kwang’s legs in my lap watching running man on TV. Hae-soo is sitting in the chair on the other side of the table while Dong-min is sitting on the couch. Jae-yul walks in and stops to see what we are watching. I see him sit down out of the corner of my eye but I’m focused on the TV more since Running man is really funny. Soo-Kwang moves so he is sitting up and his legs are on the floor. He gets up, grabs my wrist and tugs me so I get up and follow him out of the room with Hae-soo. Dong-min doesn’t leave right away so Soo-Kwang goes back and gets him to follow us upstairs.

I start to go to my room but Soo-Kwang grabs my arm.

“Are you teaching tomorrow?” He asks me as he lets go of my hands.

“Yes, I have to teach a new student as much as I can on the piano and how to read music for it. My new student doesn’t even know anything about music so I’ll have to start from the bare minimum, but I’m sure it’ll be fun.” I respond.

“You must really like kids huh?” He continues. I nod.

“I love the look on their faces when they figure out something I’ve taught them. The realization that comes across their faces, it feels amazing to be apart of.” I kind of rant to him. Soo-Kwang smiles nonetheless.

“Well can I watch?” He looks at me hopefully.

“Sure it’ll probably be like it was with Kai.”

“Ok then, I’ll look forward to it.” I just smile say goodnight then head to my room.