It’s Okay, That’s Love - Episode 1 – Chapter 1

It's Okay, That's Love (Soo-Kwang Fanfiction)

Character Name: Kei Soo Park

Family: Mom (Catherine Park), Dad (Patrick Park), Older brother (Patrick Quinn Park)

Age: 24

Occupation: Teaching children how to play instruments and how to speak English

Kei-soo POV

            I hear the front door open and I know it’s Hae-soo being so freaking loud. She turned the TV on and is going into cabinets and using the sink too. Doesn’t this woman know how to be quiet, some people want to sleep in today. I know I won’t be able to go back to sleep. So I get up still in my pajamas and go down stairs.

            I see Hae-soo watching TV, and she finally sees me. She doesn’t talk as she is eating cereal from a dirty looking bowl. I sit down next to her to watch the TV as well. The news is on, it’s about that writer guy who got stabbed. I actually laughed when I heard about it because he was stabbed with a fork. Hehe.

             I was busy thinking to myself when Hae-soo started talking out loud.

“Is he a celebrity or a writer?” Hae-soo says staring at the TV. I turn and look at her.

“His face is so shiny! Seriously! Looks like he would take advantage of his face.” She is still staring at the TV. I guess the reporter guy said something she didn’t like because she turned the TV off.

“You know talking to yourself out loud is weird.” I say to her, she smiles at me while eating more of her cereal. I give her a disgusted look and place my hand over .

“Didn’t you learn to not speak when you’re eating Hae-soo?!” She just shoves my hand away still smiling.

“I’ve been waiting for his book for months,” She tells me.

“he has no manners towards his readers.” I nod in understandment as she grabs an apple off the coffee table and takes a bite when a hand grabs it from her.  It’s Dong-min who looks as sleepy as I feel at the moment.

“What are you?” He asks Hae-soo with an annoyed voice.

“Why are you moving in early in the morning?” Hae-soo just throws a piece of the apple at him, and I smile.

“Turning on the television so loud, that no one can sleep!” He sounds like he’s scolding her, but neither takes him seriously.

“I guess so.” Hae-soo shrugs.

“I’m just like that.” She grabs the apple from him.

“Why do you steal what I’m eating?” She walks away. Dong-min gives me a look. I just give him a sheepish smile. Then he goes back to scolding Hae-soo about her cereal bowl and him not being her servant.

Then I hear something that gets my attention. “Soo-kwang! Noona is home! Move my luggage!” Hae-soo yells upstairs. I get off the couch and walk towards her.

“Hae-soo can’t you leave him alone for a bit.” I say to her.

“He’s upset.” Dong-min says basically the same thing but in a more demanding way. Does she listen no of course not why would she? She walks up the stairs to his room with Dong-min and I following close behind her.

When we get to Soo-kwang’s room it’s really depressing. He’s playing pretty sad music with tissues on the floor everywhere. He looks like he is sleeping though which is good at least he is getting rest. Dong-min is slower than Hae-soo and I so when he finally gets to Soo-kwang’s room he is yelling something but stops mid-sentence. He looks around the room a little stunned.

“He blew his nose. I saw him.” Dong-min says while nodding at the both of us. I’m kind of confused but Hae-soo gives him a look that says ‘really’.

“Oh. Just blowing from above.” He confirms to the both of us. Dong-min keeps on talking but I’m kind of confused about what he was talking about. Hae-soo leaves though after Dong-min is finished talking.

“What did you mean by that?” I ask Dong-min. He gives me a weird look at first then a creepy smile appears on his face.

“If you don’t get it do you want me to explain it to you?” He asks, while he walks closer to Soo-kwang.

“Your starting to get creepy old man so it’s making me apprehensive.” I respond. That seems to make him upset though.

“Why you-“ Soo-kwang grabs his arm.

“Hyung leave her alone.” Dong-min looks to be still upset but doesn’t seem to be upset enough to yell. Soo-kwang then turns to me.

“Kei-soo can I talk to hyung alone?” I nod at Soo-kwang and leave them alone. After I shut the door to Soo-kwang’s room I walk to my room and begin to get ready for the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            2 years and 2 months later

Kei-Soo POV

Today I have to start teaching one child, Kai, how to speak English. He should be here soon it’s already 9:00am he is supposed to be here at 9:30am. Hae-Soo already left for work and I don’t think the boys are working today. Dong-min’s wife is here today though, she is ok I guess. She keeps to herself.

I hear the doorbell ring and go to answer it. It’s Kai, and he looks excited to learn some English today. I let him in so we can sit across from each other at the kitchen table. We start off just talking to each other so I can learn how he thinks and what he responds well to in order to teach him more effectively.

When we’re about to get started with the lesson I have planned for today, I hear a weird noise coming from Dong-min’s room. I leave Kai at the kitchen table to look at the lesson I made, so I can go check what the noise is. As I reach Dong-min’s room I see it’s Soo-kwang who is making the weird noise. He has tourettes syndrome so I at least know it’s not anything that serious. It still worries me a bit because he usually has to be nervous or uncomfortable for it to flare up.

“Are you ok?” I ask him. He doesn’t answer me right away as he is still trying to calm down. Dong-min answers me instead.

“He’s fine.” Dong-min tells me.

“I think he was going to ask me something but,” he glances at his wife in bed next to him and looks back to me.

“Oh,” I look between Dong-min and his wife. “why would you do that when there are other people here?”

“She has to get on a plane two hours.” He pouts at me. “What am I supposed to do wait?”

I look at Soo-kwang to see he has calmed down to where he isn’t twitching anymore and just looks uncomfortable. I look back at Dong-min, “Still at least lock the door so people don’t walk in on you too.” I tell Dong-min and his wife.

He laughs a little, “Of course, I’ll lock my door next time.” He looks back at his wife. “Now, can you two get out so that we can continue?” Dong-min asks.

Soo-kwang grabs my hand and pulls me away and shuts the door. “That was weird right?” He asks me.

“Of course, that was weird.” I answer immediately. “I’m teaching a child in the kitchen what if he walked in to that?” He squeezes my hand, which I finally notice he is still holding. Soo-kwang notices too as he lets go and takes a step back. I’m a little hurt but I understand, he doesn’t like me that way.

“Your teaching someone today?” He asks me.

“Yeah,” I answer with a sad smile. “I’m teaching Kai English today.”

“Can I watch you teach him today?” He asks. I give him a weird look he never wants to watch me teach. It reminds him of when he was in school.

“I-I-I m-mean if you want me to that is.” He tells me when I look at him in confusion. I put my hand on his arm and he stops.

“It’s fine Soo-Kwang.” I smile at him and start walking to the kitchen table. “Kai will probably like having you there.”

“Why?” Soo-kwang asks.

“Because if your there he won’t feel nervous about us being the only people in the room.” I answer him. He nods in understandment as we both enter the kitchen to continue the English lesson with Kai.

When I'm done teaching Kai his English lesson for the day his mom comes and takes him home. Soo-kwang sat through the whole thing trying to be quiet but come on it's him. When has he ever been quiet. During the lesson he tried to learn like Kai. Trying to say the words I was teaching but pronouncing them wrong. It made me and Kai laugh. He made the lesson fun to learn. I might have to include him in my lessons more often.

After Kai left it was just Soo-kwang and I in the living room. We ended up just sitting on opposite ends of the couch with our feet touching each other in the middle. It wasn't that weird for us, we sit like this all the time when we're alone.

All of a sudden my phone started ringing, it made me flinch because it was so quiet. I answered it as soon as I saw who was calling.

"Hi, Hae-soo" I said into my phone.

"Hey, can you do something for me?" She asks with a sickly sweet voice. I make eye contact with Soo-kwang and we both sit up. I put the phone in between us and put it on speaker.

"Depends on what you want." I answer.

"Can you come to the talk show with me today?" She asks.

"Why?" I question. "I thought Dong-min was supposed to do that not you."

"He was, but since his wife is here he asked me to do it for him instead." She answers.

"Oh ok," I respond. "I guess I can come, is your boyfriend going to be there?"

"Yes he is." She answers with attitude. "Is that going to be a problem?"

“No, of course not.” I say while rolling my eyes. “I’ll be there soon.”

“Thank you!!” She says

“Yeah, yeah.” I hang up the phone. Soo-kwang raises an eye brow at me. “What?”

“You don’t like Hae-soo’s boyfriend?” He asks confused.

“Well,” I begin with a smirk on my face. “I have a theory that he is cheating on her.” Soo-kwang goes to say something but I put my finger on his mouth.

“I think he is only dating her for one thing and one thing only.” He nods.

“I know it might seem like I just think lowly of him but I just get a feeling that I’m right. You know what I mean?” I finish my explanation. I pull my finger away from his lips so he can speak.

“So you just have a feeling about him?” Soo-kwang asks.

“Yeah it’s just a gut feeling,” I answer nodding my head. “If I’m wrong about him I’ll be happy to apologize.”

“Are you really going to leave to the talk show?” He asks me scooting closer like he is cold.

“Yes,” I say pulling him into a side hug. “I have to comb my hair so it’s presentable and put make up on and stuff.”

“But I like your hair like this.” He tells me while messing with my hair. He pulls me closer to him. “I like it better when you don’t have make up on.”

“Thanks” I hug him tighter. “But I still have to get ready.” I get up from the couch and move to go upstairs.

“I’m cold now!” Soo-kwang whines.

“That’s why we have blankets!” I laugh going into my room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got to the building where the talk show is being held and Hae-soo isn't here yet. I don't want to go inside so I'm messing with my phone until she gets here. She texts me that she is here and I look up to see her getting out of a taxi. She walks up to me.

"Why are you outside?" She asks giving me a weird look.

"I don't know." I shrug. "Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't know or really like anybody in this building."

"Well at least one of your favorite people is here now." Hae-soo gestures to herself smiling.

"Haha." I 'laugh'. "Where are we supposed to go anyway?"

Hae-soo grabs my hand and pulls me inside the building. "Just follow me." She says tugging me along. She stops when Min-young stops her. Min-young starts talking to Hae-soo about the guest on the talk show. It's the writer dude that got stabbed with a fork. I just follow the two as they walk through the building.

We finally reach what seems to be a make-up room. The writer dude is getting his make-up done. Min-young introduces herself and introduces Hae-soo as well. She doesn’t introduce me though and I see why. I’m not part of the show at all.

“Are you part of the show too?” Jang Jae-yul asks me.

“No, I’m Hae-soo’s friend.” I answer. “I’m going to watch the show from a distance.”

“Oh, and I thought I was going to debate against two pretty girls.” He smiles at me. I just roll my eyes at him.

A girl walks in and starts freaking out over Jang Jae-yul. She wants his autograph. Min-young gets her to leave though after Jae-yul talks to her. I leave the room but Hae-soo hesitates a minutes then shuts the door. She looks annoyed.

“What is it?” I ask, what did he do in a minute that upset her.

“He was looking at the make-up artists low cut shirt.” She answers me with an annoyed tone to her voice.

“Well he is only a man.” I say. “Although the least he could do is look away.”

“Exactly.” Hae-soo agrees. “when the show ends are you going to be outside?”

“Probably,” I respond. “I’ll stay in here for the actual show then head outside when the audience is surrounding you guys.” We walk to the area where the guests are supposed to come out from.

“Wish me luck.” She smiles at me. I grin back and hug her.

“Good luck.” I walk to the front of the so I can sit in one of the waiting chairs to watch the show.

This talk show is pretty good. Hae-soo and Jae-yul really suit each other. Whatever Hae-soo said Jae-yul had an answer and vice versa. I can tell she was annoyed with him though which is funny. I can tell that is exactly what he was trying to do too.

I hear footsteps coming down the hallway and I look up to see it’s Hae-soo and Choi Ho. I stand up.

“That was cool Hae-soo.” I smile and loop my arm through hers.

“He was really annoying.” She tells me.

“You know he asked you to wait.” Choi Ho tells her.

“I never said I would.” She responds.

We go outside and wait for a taxi to stop.

“You know our 300 days are coming up soon.” Choi Ho tells Hae-soo smiling. Hae-soo tightens her arm around mine. She smiles and nods at Choi Ho. “You won’t be able to escape on that day.”

A taxi pulls up in front of us and she immediately pushes me inside. As she steps in I see that Jae-yul is trying to catch up.

“Please go quickly.” Hae-soo tells more than asks the taxi driver.

“Do you have gum?” She asks me. I nod and give her some.

“So what did you think of the infamous Jang Jae-yul?” I ask with a grin on my face.

She puts the gum in . “He has narcissistic personality disorder and thinks the sun rotates around him.”

“Oh,” I nod. “So you like him?” I grin at her.

“Oh shut up.” She shoves me playfully. “I’m taking you home then I’m going to the doctor dinner thing.”

“Fine with me I get to relax at home.” I smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I got home I had to change and leave again. Soo-kwang wanted to go to a club, but he didn't want to go alone. So I changed into more comfortable clothes. We got into a taxi and headed to the club. Soon after we got to the club Hae-soo called Soo-kwang. She asked where he was. She arrived at the club soon after that. They were both dancing except me. I'm not much for dancing. Unless it's from like a music video or something.

I was just sitting at the bar sipping my diet coke when I see a familiar face. It's Jang Jae-yul. he is surrounded by girls. Typical. I think he is trying to ignore them though. He notices me as well. A smirk appears on his face as he walks over to me.

"Not much for dancing?" He asks taking a sip of his drink.

"Nope," I respond. "I'm more of a people watcher."

I glance at him. "If you’re looking for pretty Hae-soo she is dancing over there." I gesture to where she is in the club. He sees her instantly and smiles.

"You know your pretty too right?" Jae-yul asks me.

"Why do you care?" I answer with a question. He steps a little closer to me and I tense.

"No reason just curious." He says.

"Uh-huh." I sip my drink. He walks away to bug Hae-soo.

I just sit near the bar sipping my drink. Soo-kwang walks over after Jae-yul leaves to find Hae-soo.

"What did the jerk want?" Soo-kwang asks.

"Nothing." I answer.

"Was he mean to you?" He asks.

"No," I sip my drink. "He wanted to know where Hae-soo was and I told him."

"That's it?" He asks. "I thought I saw you tense up when he was talking to you."

"I did." I confirm.

"Why?" He asks.

"He stepped close to me and called me pretty." I respond.

"He made you uncomfortable then?" He asks.

"Why so many questions?" I ask in response.

He looks away but turns back to me quickly. "I was worried about you."

"Awe," I smile and put my arms around his waist and hug him. "Soo-kwang that's sweet."

He smiles and pulls me close to him. Who knows maybe there is hope for a serious relationship between us after all. After that Soo-kwang danced with some girls, and we went home.