Daddy knows best

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

 

Dennis was pretty happy about his interview although he was still worried about the tension he felt. It was still very clear to him how his interviewer eyed him like he was scanning his soul, how one of those guys cried when he saw him.
 
“I wonder what happened to him?” He just puffed his cheek and let out a deep sigh. He didn’t have enough time to think of those random things. He had to find a job, and hopefully he already did, find a new place - he cant crash into Jongwoon’s studio type apartment forever - and he needs a car, the bus system in Korea wasn’t really very friendly to him.
 
And now, he had no idea how was he gonna go home. The bus left him again and he had no idea what time will the next one come. He also had no enough strength to walk/run back, he’s hungry. As soon as he thought of the word, his stomach made a not very pleasant yet very loud sound. He’s not just hungry, he’s starving.
 
Dennis looked around, hoping that he could find a decent and not so very expensive restaurant around but to his total dismay, there wasn’t any. Most of the establishments around that area were all high class restaurants, hotels and some very few cafes that’re definitely selling coffees at the same price as a normal person’s full course meal.
 
He just shook his head as he took his phone out of his pocket, maybe Jongwoon could help him with his problem: starvation, but of course, because that was his worst day ever, his friend didn’t pick up.
 
“Aish!!” He sighed in frustration, he was actually surprised that he still had enough energy to complain.
 
He looked around again, wishing that there’d be a miracle and a cheap fast food restaurant will suddenly pop out into thin air, but no matter how hungry he was, he still wasn’t at the point of hallucinating. Feeling so helpless and too close to dying from starvation, he started staring at each establishment and found himself singing eenie, meeny, miny, moe to help him choose where will he spend a chunk of money just to stop his stomach from yelling at him. He didn’t know if he should smile or frown when his finger pointed at a café nearby. The place looked…..extravagant, at least that’s the first thing that came into his mind it looks kind of homey to him though.
 
“Whatever. I’m hungry.” He whispered as he stood up and started half walking-half running towards the place.
 
The place was homey indeed, it was dimly lit but the white walls made the place look bright, actually, everything in that café were in different shades of white, from white-white, cream, eggshell, pearl, ivory, you name it! Those whites’d probably make his eyes burst if not for those silver and black chandeliers that were beautifully hanging from the ceiling. That place was heavenly, like it was telling him that spending a few thousands of won for just a cup of coffee wouldn’t hurt him and his budget at all.
 
He flashed his dimple smiled and looked up at the menu board, and to his surprise, their food weren’t really that expensive after all - he didn’t know if it’s just because the place awed him too much that he suddenly forgot how much money means to him that time or if it’s because their food just really have a reasonable price. He just nodded his head as he started picking which one to order, he had a hard time doing so because he felt like he wanted to taste every single thing in that menu, but he’s poor, he cant afford it….at least not yet. He just bit his lip and decided that he will just order the cheapest one and just come back for the rest.
 
Dennis was about to tell the cashier his order when suddenly….
 
“Hyung?”
 
******
 
“Kyuhyun-ssi, your father is looking for you. He said it’s urgent.”  A small man with distinct cheekbones and gentle eyes almost whispered to them.
 
“Wait, Dad is here?” Heechul asked as his forehead formed a knot which quickly smoothened to let one his eyebrows raise when the small man nodded in response.
 
“Yes sir. His business trip in Paris ended earlier than planned.” 
 
His lips formed and O before it curved into a smirk. “Don’t tell anybody that you saw me here. Tell my father I didn’t come to work to day, tell him I’m sick. Okay?” He told the young man as he just waved his hand goodbye while marching away. He hated dealing with his father as much as he loved torturing other people. That old man never really failed to piss him off every time they talk, maybe that trait runs in their family. 
 
“Hyung! Where are you going?” Kyuhyun asked, he’s still worried about his brother.
 
“Somewhere. To the hospital maybe..bug Donghae” He shrugged. “or the café.” If had the enough strength to. “I don’t know. I’ll just call you later.” The concern that his brother was giving him was starting to scare him. The boy used to love pissing the hell out of him but now, he’s acting like he’s his mother and telling the younger that he’ll just call him later was the only thing that can make him shut up.
 
Kyuhyun, on the other hand, just watched his Hyung’s slender figure retreated from his sight, hoping that he’ll not bump into that Dennis Park again. He didn’t know why, he just didn’t want to his hyung to meet that guy, at least not yet. “Ryeowook, can you please make sure that he’s not going to Pyongyang or something.”
 
“Yes sir.” 
 
He then went to his father’s office, the last door at the end of the hall. He hated going there.
 
“Dad?” He greeted the old man. That’s not his father. His real dad died when he was seven and his mother remarried few years after that, and that marriage gave him an instant big time father and bipolar older brother, not that he minded though. That family had been very good to him and treated him like he’s their own flesh and blood but he still hated coming to that office.
 
“Kyuhyun-ah, how’ve you been? It’s been a while.” The old man smiled at him, his face was also wrinkled but no one can still deny the fact his hyung and his dad is a spitting image of each other.
 
“Fine.”
 
“Doing  good with Sungmin?” He almost choked when he heard his father’s question. “I heard you two are getting along very well and you havent done anything bad lately. Your brother was right, Sungmin can handle you really well.”
 
“Right.” He said, sarcastically.
 
His father chuckled. The old man was teasing him and he’s doing a great job. Annoyance was all over his face.
 
Yeah, like father like son. He thought.
 
“Anyway, that’s not the reason why I called you here.” The old man motioned him to sit on the couch beside the window. “I see you’re already done interviewing the new applicants for your brother’s assistant.”
 
“Yes sir, we just finished an hour ago.” His father knew everything about Jungsu and his brother and the old man was cool with it but he wasn’t given a chance to meet the guy and he wasn’t also aware that his brother is currently having a long-term depression so Kyuhyun wasn’t really that worried that his father wants to talk about the hiring.
 
“I took the liberty of choosing which applicant should we hire.” He started panicking. “I was also watching the you during the interview and you did a pretty good job son.” The old man patted his shoulder and smiled at him, he tried to smile back but he was pretty sure he looked a little constipated, he’s more focused on wishing that his dad didn’t pick that person than listening to his father’s praises. 
 
“Thank you sir.” He said halfheartedly.
 
The old man stood up and pulled a folder from his drawer. “This guy has a pretty awesome resume. I already confirmed that his credentials are real and he also handled the interview pretty well.” His father was nodding as the old man handed him the folder.
 
Please let it not be him.
 
Kyuhyun opened the folder and his heart almost fell when he saw the name that was written on it.
 
“Oh God.” He mused.
 
*****
A/N: 
PLEASE TELL ME THESE INTROS ARE NOT GETTING TOO BORING
DO YOU WANT THEM TO FINALLY MEET FORMALLY ALREADY?
OR KEEP THE NON-EXISTENT SUSPENSE GOING?

Using Dennis Park made me feel a little awkward writing this lol
IDK why...maybe because Dennis is not a Korean name? sjdlajdka
anyway, so ya, I really am writing random chapters just for the heck of it :))
I might update again later if I still have the drive to do so~~
 
 
JBzherimaar well, you're right it didnt..maybe the nect chapter? or maybe not? xD
Eunhaeizawesome well, they're really not that the same...it'll be revealed in the next chapters :)
_Cieca_ you're welcome :) and ya, I kind of got so worked up yesterday hehe~ but isnt that good? xDD and thanks~~
ryopin_2010 YES I AM..I told you, I really am enjoying writing this fic much more than I expected <3 thank you~~~~
tinggi22 yep, he did in the prequel...but here? we'll never know xDD
 
comments give me motivation...lots and lots fo motivation...so will it be okay if I asked for some? hehe
I just want to feel that I'm not the only excited about my own story <3